PDA

View Full Version : newbie questions...

Haruka-sama
Jan 11, 2007, 11:53 AM
Okay so I finally was able to start playing online yesterday! A couple of questions, though...

1. When I go into a lobby and there's some people there, I can't see what they look like right away. I assume they are loading 'cause some of them appear eventually. However, I sat down and waited for like 10 minutes and most of them still weren't showing up by then. Is this normal? I didn't think my connection was that slow... I have DSL...

2. In PSO I could see someone's name above their head as well as other information about them, but I don't see that in PSU... Is there a way to see someone's name without walking up next to them? I also can't find my PM's name. I know I named it, but it doesn't seem to appear anywhere, so what's the point o.O;

3. This has been bothering me, what does "ftw" mean?

4. Is there a way to save a cut n chat as a keyboard shortcut so I can just press a button to use it during battle? Or do I always have to type something, press tab enter, position the face, and THEN hit enter...?

5. I thought I saw something about how you could buy accessories like glasses or hats, but I don't see them in the clothing store, so where can I buy those?

Thank you for putting up with my newbie-ness, any help is appreciated ^__^;

Thrash777
Jan 11, 2007, 12:10 PM
1. Change your video settings, this may help
2. F9(?) or click thumbstick
3. For the win
4. Yes, I'm someone that plays PC will tell you... it requires some / @ ( }
5. In the Make Over shop next door

Itchee
Jan 11, 2007, 12:10 PM
Hey there! Hmm...lets see...

1. Could you be refering to the ghost like people that walk around the towns and the guardians colony? Theyre simply background filler....if not then perhaps your connection could be lunching.

2. I can only speak for 360...and to a smaller exent PS2...but by clicking the left thumbstick, you can cycle through the various player info over a character...

3. "For the Win.." If memory serves me correctly....

4. If youre talkin about easier hotkey macros...then i believe you can set that up on the pc version...but unfortunately 360 cannot. I use the method you described.

5. Hmm....I havent seen glasses or hats....tho Im a cast. We cant wear clothes... ^_^ Perhaps those are coming in a future update....

Hope i could help...

Thrash777
Jan 11, 2007, 12:11 PM
On 2007-01-11 09:10, Itchee wrote:
4. If youre talkin about easier hotkey macros...then i believe you can set that up on the pc version...but unfortunately 360 cannot. I use the method you described.

360 can, its just the same as the PC, you need to use special characters... there is a topic here on PSOW that explains it somewhere...

Haruka-sama
Jan 11, 2007, 12:15 PM
Thanks so much! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Itchee
Jan 11, 2007, 12:18 PM
On 2007-01-11 09:11, Thrash777 wrote:

360 can, its just the same as the PC, you need to use special characters... there is a topic here on PSOW that explains it somewhere...

Ah! Ill have to look that up.....to be honest, my keyboard is rather limited, so i dont use it often. Thanks! ^_^

Thrash777
Jan 11, 2007, 12:26 PM
On 2007-01-11 09:18, Itchee wrote:

On 2007-01-11 09:11, Thrash777 wrote:

Ah! Ill have to look that up.....to be honest, my keyboard is rather limited, so i dont use it often. Thanks! ^_^

http://psupedia.info/index.php?title=Chat_Macros this works for all platforms.

Itsuki
Jan 11, 2007, 12:43 PM
1) If you're on PC, then in your graphics settings theres an option for the max number of people to load up. Everyone in your party will always be loaded up though.

2) I believe its actually ctrl on pc to show the names. You can cycle information.

3) It actually means "I'm a 10 year old, don't play with me"

4) The macro link has already been listed, but generally it looks like "/altF2@1Please to meet you" or something similar to that. You can add sound effects too.

rena-ko
Jan 11, 2007, 12:57 PM
{red}to write in red. there are various colours, try them out
&## to make ingame sounds
!## to use your char voice
@## to use a face

combine and macro 'ftw'