PDA

View Full Version : PSU noob 12th update questions... then some!!!

Turbobrain
Jan 11, 2007, 12:57 PM
I have had the game for about 4 days. After playing PSO for years I was kind of sad to say goodbye to Ragol.

Now I'm here, I think.... what have I been so dumb for, I could have been part opf the action for months now. I am so suprised by the sheer amount of ppl using it! I have a pc, xbox but for various reasons I went out and bought a new ps2, keyboard(and game of course.... my one and only for ps2) for this. I am a PS2 player on PSU.

So, after myself(user name Wu Tangg, two characters, WuTang but use Newma, Echeo lvl 21.. not for long) and my firend who is also a hardcore pso fan(pheonixreborn). Well we have many questions but a some are real important about the update as we are both FORCES.

The most important... is it TRUE that shifta and deband disks are availble on 12th(today)? If so what time? I live in GMT time I think PSU works on PST.

And Jellen and Zalure?

How much, I'm just a few days into the game, after buying several spells, armour, slots I have just over 28,000 messeta to spend. I need to buy these spells:)

One more quesion... I am wondering how to level up my PM(mag). I will have other chars but mainly forces hunters.... prob not beats. Now in PSO the best policy was to have a mag that reflected your characters stengths/weaknesses.. so as to help you.

I know that on PSU, your PM is a synthesis agent and also joins you(seen a few). I have looked up the table and seen what to feed my PM. It's a shame I can only use on PM for the whole game. However as I mainly use forces/hunters what do you think would be the best evoloution for my PM.... they take longer to lvl up so I want to make sure I do it good(I know I can use my Zerothingee to erase it).

Thanks for any help. If anyone want's a good game then great, I am not a bad force and would love to learn more about this fab game...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Turbobrain on 2007-01-11 10:00 ]</font>

rena-ko
Jan 11, 2007, 01:07 PM
buffs and debuffs are said to be available tomorrow.

your PM should help you. whether you want it to do the same thing you do or prefer it to compensate for your char's lacks is up to you.
i for my part raised a 450 for my figcaseal and am about to raise a 410 for my fonewearl.

450 -> tech PM.
410 -> strike PM.

look through the list of their specifications and pick the one you think is best for your playstile.
click link (http://psupedia.info/index.php?title=Partner_Machinery)

if you want to use it for synths, people usually recommend pure PMs. meaning, a 100 strike one, or a 100 range one or a 100 tech one or a 100 armor one. as you have 4 char slots, you can have each of their PMs to specialize in one category.

these levels are meaningless for your PM's performance in battle. her performance is due to her type and AI config (bound to the type, see link above).

Thrash777
Jan 11, 2007, 02:42 PM
Just curious; what were the "various reasons"that you went for the PS2 version?

I mean, did you consider all the advantages and disadvantages of the different servers/platforms?

I'm guessing your friend only had a PS2...

But anyway, if you are a Force, the update is gonna have some cool stuff for you. As a Force, you need to save up a lot of meseta!

Also; the time is adjusted for the different zones. (I believe. Reason being that our luck changes at midnight if you log out and log back in... I think...)

Krans
Jan 11, 2007, 02:59 PM
Same as the above guy said, if you are going to synth max it out but if its just to fight with you maybe you want a striking one or something.

Turbobrain
Jan 11, 2007, 03:06 PM
On 2007-01-11 11:42, Thrash777 wrote:

I mean, did you consider all the advantages and disadvantages of the different servers/platforms?

But anyway, if you are a Force, the update is gonna have some cool stuff for you. As a Force, you need to save up a lot of meseta!

Also; the time is adjusted for the different zones. (I believe. Reason being that our luck changes at midnight if you log out and log back in... I think...)

Good question. First and most important I use my PC for work, browsing and so on. The only game I EVER played on it was Guild Wars and it did'nt last long because I was always going between screens. Even though I have a ok setup that could prob handle PSU high 2.8ghz spec, I just preferd to keep it seperate.

Second I LOVE the new slimeline look of the PS2:)

Third I have never, ever been good with playing games on the PC even with controllers. Don't know why. My system is not exactly stable although pretty high spec... thats what I get with a self build). I just prefer playing it on a platform that's stable, well erm, more stable;)

Fourth. I just had to get PS2 to play some of the other great games on this console:D

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Turbobrain on 2007-01-11 12:09 ]</font>

Turbobrain
Jan 11, 2007, 03:09 PM
On 2007-01-11 10:07, rena-ko wrote:
buffs and debuffs are said to be available tomorrow.

your PM should help you. whether you want it to do the same thing you do or prefer it to compensate for your char's lacks is up to you.
i for my part raised a 450 for my figcaseal and am about to raise a 410 for my fonewearl.

450 -> tech PM.
410 -> strike PM.

look through the list of their specifications and pick the one you think is best for your playstile.
click link (http://psupedia.info/index.php?title=Partner_Machinery)

if you want to use it for synths, people usually recommend pure PMs. meaning, a 100 strike one, or a 100 range one or a 100 tech one or a 100 armor one. as you have 4 char slots, you can have each of their PMs to specialize in one category.

these levels are meaningless for your PM's performance in battle. her performance is due to her type and AI config (bound to the type, see link above).

So... sorry to sound dumb but the PM to me also in conjunction with your luck improves the chances of good/succesfull synths? So maybe it would be best to gear it towards techs? I'm really not sure.

Or is it the opposite? If I am a force my best compainion would probv be a cast(or beast?).

I just really want to get making my PM. But it's expesnive so I want to do it right.

PALRAPPYS
Jan 11, 2007, 04:01 PM
On 2007-01-11 12:06, Turbobrain wrote:

Good question. First and most important I use my PC for work, browsing and so on. The only game I EVER played on it was Guild Wars and it did'nt last long because I was always going between screens. Even though I have a ok setup that could prob handle PSU high 2.8ghz spec, I just preferd to keep it seperate.

Third I have never, ever been good with playing games on the PC even with controllers. Don't know why. My system is not exactly stable although pretty high spec... thats what I get with a self build). I just prefer playing it on a platform that's stable, well erm, more stable;)

Fourth. I just had to get PS2 to play some of the other great games on this console:D

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Turbobrain on 2007-01-11 12:09 ]</font>

I believe Thrash is referring to why you're not on the 360 version.

After all... the PC/PS2 version has hacking and 360 has less.

Edit: Had to change mah post because it sounded like system superiority. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif Hate that stuff though... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_mad.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PALRAPPYS on 2007-01-11 13:02 ]</font>

nanenj
Jan 11, 2007, 04:04 PM
Because the 360 costs about 300$ more than a PS2.

Thrash777
Jan 11, 2007, 04:07 PM
On 2007-01-11 13:01, PALRAPPYS wrote:

On 2007-01-11 12:06, Turbobrain wrote:

I believe Thrash is referring to why you're not on the 360 version.

After all... the PC/PS2 version has hacking and 360 has less.

Edit: Had to change mah post because it sounded like system superiority. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif Hate that stuff though... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_mad.gif

Yeah, I've almost fallen into that ditch a couple of times, lol

...and yes, I was also referring to any reasons he had for not choosing the 360 version, but he does say he has an "xbox", he didn't say 360...?

...confusing... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif

Esufer
Jan 11, 2007, 04:13 PM
On 2007-01-11 13:04, nanenj wrote:
Because the 360 costs about 300$ more than a PS2.

But it is like, 9 times less likely to burn down your house than a slimline Ps2.

KRKcl17
Jan 11, 2007, 05:29 PM
Wow, instantly downhill, console supremacy needs to stop...

Fran
Jan 11, 2007, 05:36 PM
I got the PS2 version simply because the 360 community tends to flow to the next "big thing" very often. PSU, Gears of War, and hell when Halo 3 comes out you can say goodbye to alot of the PSU community (not the ones that take the time to come post here).

As for TECHNICS available tomorrow, I'm honestly not sure but I will say if you need any money at all just PM me on here and we can meet up.

ljkkjlcm9
Jan 11, 2007, 06:12 PM
I use my laptop, works great. There is no better console, just what you prefer. The hacking, isn't hacking. At worst there is meseta duping. The other "hack" is a glitch and can even happen on 360. And with that, I have to say every thread seems to turn into 360 is better. And it's always started by those on 360. Seriously, it's annoying.

Updates are not at midnight, no matter where you are. On the East Coast, our updates are at 3am, and our luck changes at 3am. Therefore, it does run on pacific time everywhere.

THE JACKEL

rena-ko
Jan 11, 2007, 08:47 PM
On 2007-01-11 12:09, Turbobrain wrote:
So... sorry to sound dumb but the PM to me also in conjunction with your luck improves the chances of good/succesfull synths? So maybe it would be best to gear it towards techs? I'm really not sure.

Or is it the opposite? If I am a force my best compainion would probv be a cast(or beast?).

I just really want to get making my PM. But it's expesnive so I want to do it right.

no, luck only affects your item findings, the ammount of meseta you find in the field and your grinding chance. synthing is excluded from that.

all PMs are casts, technically.
but all races can cast techs http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

it depends, greatly. if you wanna synth force weapons, go with a pure tech mag (very expensive in the making). if you want an additional NPC to tag along with your party (you can gather the cards of at least 2 NPC from storymode in onlinemode - and your PM on top of that), i'd suggest going for a melee char. having two casters is a bit overkill.

then again, the 450 (tech PM) surely has bad armor, so being able to heal her would come in handy at times (then again, star atomizers dont cost the world, at least not later on).

its your choice really. strike PMs are easily raised. esp if you go for a dirty PM for battle (ignore final stats and feed her whatever you need to so you get your desired type).

for synthing purposes - you can always raise a PM on a different char, have that one specialize in some stat your main char's PM doesnt cover.

Turbobrain
Jan 11, 2007, 09:17 PM
Thanks for the reply's... I am still not to decided on what my PM is going to have to eat:)

On the XBox thing, well, it's a political thing I don't really want to get into this is not the forum or plae. Let's just say I was one of those ppl that bought thr original XBox when it first cam out , for full rpicve. I was also one of the same XBox usersd that felt a bit disappointed when the 460 came out and I had a machine that was not PARTICUALLY comptibe, no transion period waqs like the PS>PS2 phaswe o GC>Wii phase, so on. Microsoft virtuaqlly forced us to get 360's and when we did some did not work to well. If they did'nt well..... to bad.... yadeyayaya....

As a Microsoft software user, lets just say I was not too impressed with things ever. I thought the games console may be different but no.

Don't get me wrong. I think the 360 is a GREAT machine but I will not spend money on it out of principle.

But I love PSU!!! It's such a shame that 360 and PS"/PC players cannot play....

Turbobrain
Jan 11, 2007, 09:18 PM
The fact is though the 12th is here. And I can still find no shifta or deband? Anyone know if this is coming or is going to happen at all? I saved all that messetta!!!