PDA

View Full Version : Famitsu article

Tycho
Jan 11, 2007, 04:47 PM
So, Mewn pointed me to the JP image BBS (http://moemi.mithra.to/~psu/uploader/) recently, for Famitsu scans (psu1956~9.jpg). So I read them and made a couple of remarks on MSN about them. So then:

Mewn: Might want to summarize this stuff, to post it on PSOW, it's newsworthy
Tycho: Okay.
So yeah.

* In the picture here (http://moemi.mithra.to/~psu/uploader/src/psu1956.jpg), Ethan seems to be getting something like Magashi's colour scheme, and has 'PUNISHMENT' written on his clothes. This is incidentally also one of the keywords in the background of the page for Illuminus no Yabou (http://phantasystaruniverse.jp/secret/)).
* The phenomenon of having 'taxi characters' (informal term, made up by players) is described for a bit; having extra characters logged off in certain far lobbies to be able to use the character to teleport friends over there, to be able to get your party to Endrum Remnants or whatever right away. Fun stuff.
* "The way Luck is decided is random, isn't it? Miyoshi: Actually, we have a nice table containing the changes. For each year that passes, it will be equal for each of the races. Still, it might appear to have slight inclinations due to the downtime on maintenance days, ofcourse."
* The effect of rising STA by 1 point is said to increase the resistance against status effects by 'a few/several percent'.
* "How is it decided when synthing Grinders what +-value they get?
Miyoshi: It's pure luck. However, the odds to get better ones are higher when you synth five at a time than when you synth them one by one."
* Sakai on Protranser: "[...] When their type level rises, besides their stats, their trap damage also increases drastically."
* Sakai: "Presently, we are planning to throw open the level cap up to about L100."
* Clubs will be for GM events. (So, expect to never enter any on US! XP)
* There will also be "other ways" to obtain new clothing items, rather than shops or synthing. (CLOTHES FRAGMENTS)
* There will not be any ways to change a character's length or figure.
* They're going to add SEED purification missions. (Oh god no.)
* "We're currently trying to look into building a system that allows one to transport to further lobbies."

Maridia
Jan 11, 2007, 04:55 PM
Friggin awesome, Tycho! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

And yeah, lolz at US getting GM events. XD

Akaimizu
Jan 11, 2007, 05:00 PM
I agree on a few counts. I also agree that unless there's a real good reason to choose those levels, that SEED purification missions will probably be way unpopular. Purifying SEEDs forcibly slows the gameplay way down, and I doubt people want any of that.

Sychosis
Jan 11, 2007, 05:10 PM
So luck isn't random eh? Fair for everyone ya say? People can stop bitching...yay!

panzer_unit
Jan 11, 2007, 05:11 PM
On 2007-01-11 13:47, Tycho wrote:
* Sakai on Protranser: "[...] When their type level rises, besides their stats, their trap damage also increases drastically."

LOL! When's _that_ supposed to happen? At rank 5 I'm hitting for < 100 with non-elemental traps and 225 with damage.

I can't complain though, we do have important advantages for status traps.

Itsuki
Jan 11, 2007, 05:18 PM
See the differences in class distro on the JP server:
46.84% Hunter / Fortefighter / Figunner
33.59% Force / Fortecher / Wartecher
18.53% Ranger / Fortegunner / Guntecher
1.04% Protranser

I can tell you theres no way it'd be like that on the US servers.

Tycho
Jan 11, 2007, 05:24 PM
Yeah, heh. I also liked their comments about why Fighgunner could be so popular. Due to the Double Sabers? Oh, really? <_<

Dj_SkyEpic
Jan 11, 2007, 05:27 PM
Oooo Plot twist...

panzer_unit
Jan 11, 2007, 05:27 PM
... well I can see why Protranser got mentioned specifically in his article. Looks like a damage-control job. Maybe it kicks in on all those ranks where your ATA doesn't go up any more? One can hope.

Either that or we're totally going to get some fan-service on some patch coming up, to draw people to the class. That would be over 9000.

Tycho
Jan 11, 2007, 05:33 PM
I forgot to mention they were going to differentiate between exact/partial matches for shop search, and wanted to further increase it in 'other ways' too.

Maridia
Jan 11, 2007, 05:35 PM
I'm kinda excited about seed purification missions. They'd be fun to play with other people just.. do play them. *shrugs* I'd like the story missions more if I could do them with other people, too.

Itsuki
Jan 11, 2007, 05:36 PM
On 2007-01-11 14:33, Tycho wrote:
I forgot to mention they were going to differentiate between exact/partial matches for shop search, and wanted to further increase it in 'other ways' too.

Interesting. They've already updated the shop search system a couple times. It seems like something that still needs a lot of work though. A way to order by price or something would be great aswell.

Dhylec
Jan 11, 2007, 06:00 PM
Very informative. It confirms some questions, but open others. Still good to know, nevertheless.

Parn
Jan 11, 2007, 06:11 PM
SEED purification missions ought to be interesting in multiplayer. Have certain people on scouting and others on purifying. Won't have to have retarded AI characters along for the ride (hopefully).

BLACKR0SE
Jan 11, 2007, 06:15 PM
I want to race people on those dune buggie things.http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

foamcup
Jan 11, 2007, 06:19 PM
On 2007-01-11 15:15, BLACKR0SE wrote:
I want to race people on those dune buggie things.http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

What, the floaders? Man, those things are terrible. I was all excited about online races and such, then I use them on story and they suck.

Numnuttz
Jan 11, 2007, 06:23 PM
all i can say is, the mission rewards for seed purification mission better be good. man i hated those missions in story mode.

PJ
Jan 11, 2007, 06:24 PM
Ethan looks so awesome in that new outfit. I assume he sports it in a later Story mission? Or is he already sporting it in the newest JP server mission (However far they are)?

The rest of the news is interesting, but I just like Ethan's coat.

BLACKR0SE
Jan 11, 2007, 06:35 PM
Yea those floader things.http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

ParableApple
Jan 11, 2007, 06:43 PM
pfft, they're nothing compared to lungas.
more content = good.

-Shimarisu-
Jan 11, 2007, 07:32 PM
On 2007-01-11 14:18, Itsuki-chan wrote:
1.04% Protranser

Maybe not on PC, where the max influx of meseta has meant people can afford the Protranser class, but not on 360 where I have only seen ONE so far.

I'm still amused to see Wartecher classed as a FO. They are plainly more HU orientated as the tech side is much weaker as a % of forte than the ATP side, that and uh, their only S ranks are HU weapons. Seriously a silly job req to go WT.

Ryoki
Jan 11, 2007, 07:37 PM
On 2007-01-11 15:43, ParableApple wrote:
pfft, they're nothing compared to lungas.
more content = good.

I think we should be able to ride a sub species of Rappy that is rather tall and adapted to running...

Oh wait Cho...

Jools
Jan 11, 2007, 08:02 PM
Heh, there's always something stellar in Famitsu whenever I forget to pick it up...

-Jools

SolomonGrundy
Jan 11, 2007, 08:23 PM
On 2007-01-11 14:18, Itsuki-chan wrote:
1.04% Protranser

Why so few ranger types? Does not compute?

I'm still amused to see Wartecher classed as a FO. They are plainly more HU orientated as the tech side is much weaker as a % of forte than the ATP side, that and uh, their only S ranks are HU weapons. Seriously a silly job req to go WT.

You said it yourself - beast wartechers can do 75% of the tech damage that human wartechers can do. if they gave Wartechers S-rank wands the same thing might apply to WT vs. fTs, it would be hard to rationalize humans/newmans being ForteTechers when it would be easier/safer to be a Wartecher, and do almost as much damage

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SolomonGrundy on 2007-01-11 17:31 ]</font>

Itsuki
Jan 11, 2007, 09:22 PM
That distrobution was supposed to point out the difference in the number of rangers, not PTs. And theres several reasons for the larger number of rangers:

Elemental photons being expensive means hunters have a harder time getting weapons.
More meseta around means more traps. Those that can use traps become better.
More meseta around means the 80% PP usage of fortefighters in negligable.
More meseta around means rangers weapons are easier to buy and grind.
The S-ranks that have been added so far are ones where rangers excell more than any other class. Where as the US server was dealing with S-rank Hakura and Agata Relics.

I just thought it was amusing that they acutally had it listed out just how hunter lobsided it is.

Neith
Jan 11, 2007, 09:24 PM
Purification Missions? /emoslash

Ugh, I hated those in Story Mode D:

Rest sounds really interesting though, thanks for showing us.

Itoshi
Jan 11, 2007, 10:31 PM
Ethan's dressed up like the HeadMaster! O_O

Spacepest
Jan 12, 2007, 01:11 AM
On 2007-01-11 15:11, Parn wrote:
SEED purification missions ought to be interesting in multiplayer. Have certain people on scouting and others on purifying. Won't have to have retarded AI characters along for the ride (hopefully).

Agreed. Of the little I did offline story mode, one of the missions was a Seed Purification one. The whole time I was doing it, I kept telling myself, "Dammit, I wish I had my friends online to help me instead of these stupid ass NPCs, I could get it done in half the time!"

And I like Ethan's new outfit. Dammit, now I want a coat that says "Punishment" on it for my male character Nougami too.

ShadowDragon28
Jan 12, 2007, 01:30 AM
hmm.. interestng. awesome pic.

I wonder why Ethan has a jacket like Headmaster Nav's? and the added staps/flaps that say "punishment"?? hm? punishment for whom? very interesting.... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Alisha
Jan 12, 2007, 01:37 AM
two things make seed purification missions bad,and neither reason has anything to do with npc's.

1. the music is caves worthy...
2. using goggles to find the things...i think one of the races should have the ability to see them without googles. cast or beast would seem the most logical but for balance reasons it would have to be newman or human.

however if they made one like absolute zero that would be cool because one of the good things about seed purification missions is that for the most past its all one element. absolute zero is nothing but ice. however ice bill de vears make me sad. even at lvl 100 offline they can still kill me especially the cluster of three of them.

Itsuki
Jan 12, 2007, 01:42 AM
We're supposed to get Absolute Zero soon. And the goggles aren't s bad... And I seem to recall one of the seed songs being quite nice to listen to... perhaps I remember wrong.

I'd have to see how the payout is. The recent string of missions have had such crazy payout for such little effort. Labs SS, the party missions? Come on, thats just broken amounts of reward.

ShinMaruku
Jan 12, 2007, 02:20 AM
Ethan's gone dark. Next thing we'll see Padm...I mean Karen trying to save his soul...
Nav: Dark young wabers soul is...
Ok before Lucas shanks me...

Maridia
Jan 12, 2007, 06:04 AM
There's nothing wrong with the seed purification missions! They look awesome! contaminated monsters rock! The SEED look bitchin! It'll be fun with friends ;<

I don't know what Story mode YOU guys played, i thought they were neat. Though I will admit, for all my grinding, I was caught rather unaware for the first neudaiz ice mission, and though I survived it somehow, had my ass handed to me. But now we'll all be better prepared!

COME ON, GUARDIANS OF GUHRAL! WHERE'S YOUR GUARDIAN'S SPIRIT?!

"Aw, not ANOTHER SEED MISSION. GEE, I HAVE TO PROTECT THE PUBLIC FROM AN ALIEN THREAT? DAMN." As if it isn't bad enough we online people have no damn npcs to talk to for any sort of story or morale boosting!

WHO ARE WE PROTECTING ANYWAY ;-; I miss npcs. Online mode feels so empty.

yay seed missions. yay any sort of content

ShadowDragon28
Jan 12, 2007, 06:25 AM
i love Absolute Zero... make Newdeiz actually resemble classic Dezoris from the original Phantasy Star rpg's..

So in a sense, Newdeiz is kind of like a New Dezo(ris)..hehehe :>

BTW i found the Floader mission *fun*, i hope there will be a Floader mission online sometime... all the Floaders need a little photon blaster and a targeter to blow up any mines in the way, a way to slow down (like breaks). But they were pretty cool IMO.

Alisha
Jan 12, 2007, 06:34 AM
On 2007-01-11 22:42, Itsuki-chan wrote:
We're supposed to get Absolute Zero soon. And the goggles aren't s bad... And I seem to recall one of the seed songs being quite nice to listen to... perhaps I remember wrong.

I'd have to see how the payout is. The recent string of missions have had such crazy payout for such little effort. Labs SS, the party missions? Come on, thats just broken amounts of reward.

the ice one isnt so bad(music) but the fire one makes me doze combined with the fact that all the fire seed missions give shitty exp payout compared to the ice ones wich mostly give great exp payouts. also fire agata islands has kajaginari's AND seed vitace's plus foie spamming gohmons...
if you do absolute zero at lvl 60 you will leave level 63. i like the ice temple the only thing bad there is the praying mantis guys.

rena-ko
Jan 12, 2007, 08:47 AM
very interesting stuff.

however, seed missions... i'm not against them or anything, but i dont like the idea of having another two rather useless items that i cant dump in the pm >.>