PDA

View Full Version : What's the best armour for a Foretecher?

Cojiro
Jan 11, 2007, 04:48 PM
I'm gonna become a Foretecher, so I was looking for some good armour which has Arm slots (Since as a Foretecher, my ATA drops WAY down and all the ATA boosting items seem to be Arm items.)

I had a look, but most of the really good armour can only be made from boards or bought from players who are charging multiple millions of meseta for them. I can't really afford that kinda money...

Does anyone have any advice on what Armour'd be good for me?

Thanks in advance! ^_^

Jey
Jan 11, 2007, 05:00 PM
It sorta depends on what race you're going as, e.g. Newmans can barely wear any of the B-rank lines thanks to their pathetic DFP rating.

I kinda like Te-senba though (head/arm/body units) though the light-attribute might kill you in Colony missions

Itsuki
Jan 11, 2007, 05:04 PM
after the update, more will be available to buy.

But really, theres a lot of good store bought armor. Rabol Teiro (6* Tenora) is 21% dark and a good all around armor if you can equip it. Hardlines are good for fire-y areas but lack a head slot. Gigalines and Gi-senbas also are respectable armor for being 5 star. But one doesn't have an arm slot and one doesn't have a head slot.

Really though, there is no "best armor". The best idea is to have more than one armor.

Kimil
Jan 11, 2007, 05:37 PM
I personaly use the Te-Senba (for the armslot mostly, wartecker)
But if you want to do colonie missions... get something else

Fran
Jan 11, 2007, 05:42 PM
Har-Senba or Nafri-Senba would be your best. I'm not sure if a level 60 Fortetecher would be able to get enough DFP for Sori-Senba, but it would be VERY close, and most defiantly obtainable with the level cap being raised to 70.

zanotam
Jan 11, 2007, 07:47 PM
dude tomorrow on teh 12th a bunch of new armors are being released in shops! REJOICE 390K SORI-SENBA!

Remedy
Jan 11, 2007, 07:48 PM
I <3 the hell out of my 16% Dark Nafri-senba. :3

Golto
Jan 11, 2007, 08:47 PM
When it comes to armors its all about the element % baby and slots. DFP is almost useless when compared to the damage reduction of elemental advantage.

Soukosa
Jan 11, 2007, 09:46 PM
Elemental armors aren't the perfect thing to use and by no means makes DFP almost useless. Alot of good areas have monsters of opposing elements so while you protect yourself from one you get ripped apart by the other. True you can switch armors but changing weapons can already be annoyance and I'd like to see anyone do that in a mob of a mix of elements.

Then again, maybe you just level on Parum all the time...

Fran
Jan 11, 2007, 09:57 PM
The store bought NPC armors, such as the 360k Sori-Senba, according to what I've heard, only have like 12% ice reduction... lame if you as me. I'd rather get a 25%+ ice elemental.

Dj_SkyEpic
Jan 11, 2007, 10:03 PM
There should be the Hiragi-Senba which gives a significant boost to your TP damage. You should research this one http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

http://psupedia.info/index.php?title=Armors

ooo Yamata-Senba...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dj_SkyEpic on 2007-01-11 19:05 ]</font>

Silmeria
Jan 11, 2007, 10:05 PM
Elemenl armor just creates weak points in characters.

imfanboy
Jan 11, 2007, 10:13 PM
Then again, when I'm NOT wearing 26% lightning resist, my characters take 300+ damage from the dogs in the Labs.

When I DO wear it, I take about 150-200.

You have to be quick in switching armors - it doesn't take long, and thankfully you can get out of the menu quickly with just a press of the Escape key, and in areas like Neudaiz where they'll mix fire and ice mobs together you have to decide what's more dangerous (ice is, btw), but you're a fool Silmeria if you don't see the benefits of damage reduction.

Plus, with 36% dark resist, I can solo LL S-rank and farm it for rare materials and other nifty goodies - today, I got a Del Jagnus board! Yes!

Golto
Jan 11, 2007, 10:23 PM
I have 50% lightning 6* yohmei armor I made for my force. Since there is no area that I know of that has ground and lightning monsters it does not create weakness. It is the perfect armor for labs. With mega rainbow I take around 90~100 non-crit damage from Volfus. There is no possible way to get your dfp high enough to reduce damage by 2/3 like elemental can. Is there any armor that has 1000+ dfp no. Will there ever be no. I'll take my 6* over any non elemental 12* armor anyday when doing labs.

MayLee
Jan 11, 2007, 10:27 PM
I m trying to Synth a Ahge-senmba.. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Or however you spell it.

Cojiro
Jan 12, 2007, 02:09 PM
Thanks guys!
Alot of those things are the ones I was looking at. Sori senba can be bought from NPCs now? I was looking at that one...
Better check if I can even wear it as a foretecher and if it has arm slots...
I was also looking at Har-senba, but I think it didn't have arms slots which limits me on ATA and therefore weapons...
Ahh, my head, she spins!

Pivotal
Jan 12, 2007, 02:20 PM
I'm working on gathering a full set of high element Hoza-Senbas for my Fortetecher.

Reiichi
Jan 12, 2007, 02:44 PM
Neudaiz now sells a sori-senba for 360k with 11% ice element.

If you are NOT a fan of armor swapping, an 11% sori-senba is a GOOD thing, as you just want it for it's base stats and the fact that it can hold all 4 slots. In a way, it doesn't create much of a weakness when you go against fire creatures.

It is too bad that yohmei armors have low EVP but high DFP, and tenora armors have high EVP and low DFP. EVP is probably what you want most as a force, yet you lack the DFP to equip tenora armor. On the flip side melee like DFP but dislike EVP. Unfortunately there is no armor with high DFP and low EVP, but low overall armor with good elemental % does a nice job.

My low level fortefighter 4x in MD S (60+ monsters) takes 15-50 from all melee attacks, and about 70-80 from mage bartas by swapping between good % 4* fire and 5* ice armor. That's tank ability right there.

Pivotal
Jan 12, 2007, 02:54 PM
With my Fonewearl 48/3 and a 50% Dark Hoza-Senba, I am Megid immune and Deljabans hit for 25 on LLS. Elemental armor is really the way to go.

Pivotal
Jan 12, 2007, 02:54 PM
double post

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Pivotal on 2007-01-12 11:55 ]</font>