PDA

View Full Version : Real cash for meseta...

Tay200k
Jan 11, 2007, 07:45 PM
omg i just saw someone selling 25 million meseta for £19.99 for the pc/ps2 psu
how sad.........

Ryoki
Jan 11, 2007, 07:46 PM
you know what else is sad? Go to the trade forum, someone was asking 300 dollars for 850k.

Tay200k
Jan 11, 2007, 07:47 PM
Omg wtf? thats just stupid.............................

-Shimarisu-
Jan 11, 2007, 07:49 PM
Sad fact is, re. the OP, if it wasn't duped money it'd be well worth it.

Krans
Jan 11, 2007, 08:22 PM
hah well funny you mention this because i just noticed it the other day 2. On EBay you can get 25 million for about $20 on the PC or PS2, and for Xbox 360 550k runs you about $220 while 100k is about $40. First off i think thats insane people will pay that much for game money. Second off lets you know the Xbox is in better condition than the other platforms as far as legit stuff goes.

Yuicihi
Jan 11, 2007, 08:36 PM
Have you even seen WoW on eBay?

ProfessorZ
Jan 11, 2007, 09:01 PM
You make a hell lot more money selling meseta on the 360

Ryogen
Jan 11, 2007, 09:09 PM
On 2007-01-11 18:01, ProfessorZ wrote:
You make a hell lot more money selling meseta on the 360

True, but you have to put effort into it and you can't dupe. Sooooo you won't find that happening.

Poignantswine
Jan 11, 2007, 09:28 PM
On 2007-01-11 16:46, Ryoki wrote:
you know what else is sad? Go to the trade forum, someone was asking 300 dollars for 850k.

With the current state of things, it's cheaper to put a photon up for sale at 99million and hope some random duper comes along than to pay real cash for meseta. =P

AlieNxxxxxxxx
Jan 11, 2007, 09:33 PM
if you care that much about a game that you buy the game money for real money, then you seriously need to get out of your mothers basement.

DarkAeon
Jan 11, 2007, 09:35 PM
I would agree with you alien, but the people buying it are "usually" (NOT saying everyone) wealthy people who don't have time to put into the game or are just lazy.

-Shimarisu-
Jan 11, 2007, 10:33 PM
If you care that much for a game that you pay to play it, then you seriously need to get out of... yeah yeah.

I don't have any problems with people selling 360 money. If it was a reasonable price I might have bought some after I had to quit PC, just to start over again. It isn't a reasonable price though.

Merumeru
Jan 11, 2007, 10:34 PM
XD omg you dont deserve money you didnt earn yourself, period

-Shimarisu-
Jan 11, 2007, 10:39 PM
XD OMG I daresay you earned it doing real work in the real world!

Seriously where's the problem. A guy (probably a kid with no real life job) goes and makes a ton of meseta grinding missions over and over. Instead of spending it on himself, he sells it on ebay to somebody who does have a real life job, and has little time to play. Maybe that person wants to catch up with friends. It is THEIR PEROGATIVE to do so. All that's happeneed within game is somebody had virtual cash, and now somebody else has that virtual cash. I see absolutely nothing wrong with it as long as no hacking is involved.

twysted
Jan 11, 2007, 10:48 PM
on pso back on the gamecube people used to sell weapons for real money lol craziness i say

Merumeru
Jan 11, 2007, 10:51 PM
eh, s'not a problem X3 and perhaps it is just e-penis flexing or whatnot, and also is pointless since thats how they choose to play the game, given their circumstances...

X3 but when you use special powers ($$) to alter your abilities within the matrix (PSU), i cant find myself seeing any sense of pride eminating from that person XP similar to a kid in real life that gets everything he wants because he has rich parents >P

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Merumeru on 2007-01-11 19:52 ]</font>

Sekani
Jan 11, 2007, 10:54 PM
Time > money.

When it comes to real-money trade, as it's called, the only question for many people is how much cash their time is worth.

Ryno
Jan 11, 2007, 10:56 PM
On 2007-01-11 17:36, Yuicihi wrote:
Have you even seen WoW on eBay?

Yes i've seen it

LordJoe
Jan 11, 2007, 10:57 PM
lol check EBAY right now ... 99mil meseta for $2 lol^^

-Shimarisu-
Jan 11, 2007, 11:02 PM
^ They are doing it on purpose now to wreck the game. $2 isn't even worth the effort of listing the auction, mailing the person and meeting in game.

On 2007-01-11 19:54, Sekani wrote:
Time > money.

When it comes to real-money trade, as it's called, the only question for many people is how much cash their time is worth.

To me it's worth a lot, which is why you don't see me selling my meseta even though I don't have a problem with the whole situation.

Like I say, I had to restart, and WOULD have reset my money back to what it was on PC before the hacking started IF the people selling meseta on ebay clearly didn't value their time as much as I do. Thing is they are selling it for a LOT. Probably what I'd sell it for if I wanted to think of PSU as a real job. But I don't.

If I quit? I'd sell my meseta. And my items. As long as there is no hacking it harms nobody.

People might say "How selfish, give it to friends" but currently the only scenario that would make me quit is if my only friend who migrated from PC with me quit first.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -Shimarisu- on 2007-01-11 20:04 ]</font>

Merumeru
Jan 11, 2007, 11:03 PM
$2 for eternal PSU happiness...hmmm....

AH FUCK PRIDE! PAYPAL BITCH~!

Pengfishh
Jan 12, 2007, 02:02 AM
On 2007-01-11 20:03, Merumeru wrote:

My two dollars is going very far.

Proff
Jan 12, 2007, 02:19 AM
I agree that it doesn't really hurt anybody and is no big deal. Hell, doesn't hurt anybody if it's hacked or not. Just a game still. Duped meseta has yet to affect me and I've been ps2 since day one.

Turbobrain
Jan 12, 2007, 02:20 AM
On 2007-01-11 19:48, twysted wrote:
on pso back on the gamecube people used to sell weapons for real money lol craziness i say

I remembeer those days. Then ppl started duping, then breaking items*Idon't use the word hacjkers as nmost of these peopel just used action replays, or the better ones a memory dump modded the item offset values and got whatever item.... thats NOT a a hacker... at the very most thats training... something I id in the 80's on the amiga when I was in college)

The pint is, where does it end. I love PSU. I loved PSO. The cheaters ruined it and hasd a large part in the games demise. The prob is... if your sad enough to buy game money for real money you should not be on there in the first place. I earn ok real money for hard work... join the club it's called EVERYONE. But I would not like to play aomeone who has just bought a lod of cool stuff or even a character(yes easlly possible given the 'server store' bature) when I have qworked darn hard to learn and get my stuff as it was intened.

Just my 2p's

Lastat27
Jan 12, 2007, 02:34 AM
I don't know how much longer legit PS2/PC users can survive this madness now. Just when I thought that the meseta duping was beginning to sort of level off, now we have 99 million meseta going for $2.00?... and he has a 100% feedback rating to boot.

I'm not really sure what to say now. An entire online game was just destroyed by a couple of $2.00 payments over Paypal. Perhaps destroyed is a bit harsh as the game still has life, only the suicide rate has just sky-rocketed.

Spacepest
Jan 12, 2007, 04:49 AM
I hardly think you can call this online game "destroyed" yet, even if there is duped meseta going around.

Every played any other online games? Almost ever one has someone selling some kind of farmed currency and items. And some asshats who like to mess with exploits and codes to grief other people's games. My point is this...just be glad you can still pretty much play the game and access missions and areas without some money farmer blocking your progress (yeah, I'm talking about you, FFXI and WoW, among other games). Imagine how pissed you'd be if every time you went to kill DeRagon, there were a bunch of farmers there preventing access to your character killing it. Or another group of farmers/griefers preventing you from completing an essential quest for a class change or level up. And don't forget that group of farmers and crafters with a monoply over essential items at all the player shops/auction house/whatever.

I'm not justifying buying online currency. But really, at least the game isn't broken. You can still play it and have fun. If other people want to waste their real life money on virtual cash in a game, let them. I'm going to keep killing stuff and having fun.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Spacepest on 2007-01-12 01:53 ]</font>

Armok
Jan 12, 2007, 04:57 AM
Item/PM/Mest reset and patch is what this game needs. Sure alot of people would quit but I dont care most of them will be duper fanboys so sod them.

Turbobrain
Jan 12, 2007, 05:00 AM
On 2007-01-11 23:34, Lastat27 wrote:
I don't know how much longer legit PS2/PC users can survive this madness now. Just when I thought that the meseta duping was beginning to sort of level off, now we have 99 million meseta going for $2.00?... and he has a 100% feedback rating to boot.

I'm not really sure what to say now. An entire online game was just destroyed by a couple of $2.00 payments over Paypal. Perhaps destroyed is a bit harsh as the game still has life, only the suicide rate has just sky-rocketed.

Yep

I hope Sega get hold of the problem and deal with it.

If I had any power in the issue, those that ruin this fantastic game game would REALLY know what hacking is about(smiley cancer virus style.... a nasty little cvirus onthe Atari ST and also on the Amiga that caused... problems.... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif)

Good hackers don't ruin good games. Or an games. Believe me. Again though I just hope to get the oppurtunity to show one ofthe ppl that want to ruin PSU what a real hacker is capable off. And what they DO stand for.

Turbobrain
Jan 12, 2007, 05:03 AM
This is of my era, what I am, what I did.... but I think it explains what hackers are.... we don't(as a rule) ruin ppls games.

Anyhow...

If you've not read it before... it is a great thing to read waiting for the servers to come up.

Another one got caught today, it's all over the papers. &quot;Teenager
Arrested in Computer Crime Scandal&quot;, &quot;Hacker Arrested after Bank Tampering&quot;...
Damn kids. They're all alike.

But did you, in your three-piece psychology and 1950's technobrain,
ever take a look behind the eyes of the hacker? Did you ever wonder what
made him tick, what forces shaped him, what may have molded him?
I am a hacker, enter my world...
Mine is a world that begins with school... I'm smarter than most of
the other kids, this crap they teach us bores me...
Damn underachiever. They're all alike.

I'm in junior high or high school. I've listened to teachers explain
for the fifteenth time how to reduce a fraction. I understand it. &quot;No, Ms.
Smith, I didn't show my work. I did it in my head...&quot;
Damn kid. Probably copied it. They're all alike.

I made a discovery today. I found a computer. Wait a second, this is
cool. It does what I want it to. If it makes a mistake, it's because I
screwed it up. Not because it doesn't like me...
Or feels threatened by me...
Or thinks I'm a smart ass...
Or doesn't like teaching and shouldn't be here...
Damn kid. All he does is play games. They're all alike.

And then it happened... a door opened to a world... rushing through
the phone line like heroin through an addict's veins, an electronic pulse is
sent out, a refuge from the day-to-day incompetencies is sought... a board is
found.
&quot;This is it... this is where I belong...&quot;
I know everyone here... even if I've never met them, never talked to
them, may never hear from them again... I know you all...
Damn kid. Tying up the phone line again. They're all alike...

You bet your ass we're all alike... we've been spoon-fed baby food at
school when we hungered for steak... the bits of meat that you did let slip
through were pre-chewed and tasteless. We've been dominated by sadists, or
ignored by the apathetic. The few that had something to teach found us will-
ing pupils, but those few are like drops of water in the desert.

This is our world now... the world of the electron and the switch, the
beauty of the baud. We make use of a service already existing without paying
for what could be dirt-cheap if it wasn't run by profiteering gluttons, and
you call us criminals. We explore... and you call us criminals. We seek
after knowledge... and you call us criminals. We exist without skin color,
without nationality, without religious bias... and you call us criminals.
You build atomic bombs, you wage wars, you murder, cheat, and lie to us
and try to make us believe it's for our own good, yet we're the criminals.

Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is
that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like.
My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me
for.

I am a hacker, and this is my manifesto. You may stop this individual,
but you can't stop us all... after all, we're all alike.

Weakness
Jan 12, 2007, 05:06 AM
On 2007-01-12 01:57, Armok wrote:
Item/PM/Mest reset and patch is what this game needs. Sure alot of people would quit but I dont care most of them will be duper fanboys so sod them.

What are you retarded?

Many people on these forums have level 60 (soon to be 70) characters. I for one have a good 600 Hours logged in this game across all my characters. I'm not giving that up when I can easily make my way through this game with the items I craft, I farm, and I worked for. You don't need to buy stuff from inflated player shops. Take a little effort and make it yourself, it actually makes the game far more fun.

An intentional server reset to get rid of a problem that is inevitably going to come back? You my friend are just a freakin' genius aren't you?

Zarbolord
Jan 12, 2007, 05:08 AM
NO RESET! MOST OF US WORK HARD FOR IT, SLAP HIM WEAKNESS!

Krans
Jan 12, 2007, 05:09 AM
interesting read

Zarbolord
Jan 12, 2007, 05:11 AM
*bubble* I wonder how some ppl can get that rich, the real world is gonna turn like the players shops these days >.< ugh, don't want to imagine*

Weakness
Jan 12, 2007, 05:13 AM
On 2007-01-12 02:08, Zarbolord wrote:

Sorry, one of the few things that gets on my nerves in this world is ignorance... and that man was a shinning example.

ljkkjlcm9
Jan 12, 2007, 05:13 AM
LOL, I made tons of money selling common weapons made rare by grinding them to 10. I now have 75 mil meseta. Call it legit or not, but I did nothing illegal, and benefited from selling these weapons at 1mil a piece. OK, I didn't make all my money on the weapons, but I've sold prolly 50 of em. Of course I do grind a lot too. Me and my friend were talking and it'd be funny if they increased the prices of the new items to compensate, like 8* being 1 mil meseta in stores lol.

THE JACKEL

Zarbolord
Jan 12, 2007, 05:15 AM
On 2007-01-12 02:13, Weakness wrote:

On 2007-01-12 02:08, Zarbolord wrote:

Sorry, one of the few things that gets on my nerves in this world is ignorance... and that man was a shinning example.

Right on the spot, still.... STONE HIM!!!

_Deliverance_
Jan 12, 2007, 05:37 AM
On 2007-01-11 20:03, Merumeru wrote:

LOL Meru!