PDA

View Full Version : Learn to make a shop!

Fran
Jan 11, 2007, 10:08 PM
OK, sorry but I need to vent it, I'm tired of searching around in shops to go to some idiot's player shop just to see everything is priced at 99,999,999 meseta, including photons, monomates, POS armor and weapons.

What pisses me off even more? Idiots who are selling NPC bought weapons for higher than NPC prices. How stupid can you be? Think your gonna get lucky and a hacker will buy your stuff? Think again, they're going to just laugh at you for being a greedy idiot.

Does anyone else feel the same way as me?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Fran on 2007-01-11 20:05 ]</font>

Chloe1987
Jan 11, 2007, 11:49 PM
No not really.... lol

Sayara
Jan 11, 2007, 11:52 PM
Im sure about 60 some rants on this exact issue (in the what 2 first pages of rants) tend to agree.

HUnewearl_Meira
Jan 12, 2007, 01:31 PM
Sometimes, an item with an absurd price is simply being stored, or reserved for someone in particular. This is fairly common in most games.

Asside from that, some of the shopkeepers I have talked to express great surprise at how much people will pay for trivial things. It could very well be that shopkeepers aren't comparing prices with the NPC shops, but on the other hand, it looks like the consumer-base generally isn't, either.

Seriously, in Retail, you typically charge about as much for stuff as you can get away with.

Dhylec
Jan 12, 2007, 02:21 PM
I think some just like to make outrageous prices as a show-off or storage. They do interfere with a quick search to find the right item at the right price though. A lock or a warning in the shop ad would help.

As for high prices, I guess even in game the laws of supplies & demands still applied well.