PDA

View Full Version : PSU-XBox 360: Help a clueless newbie out.

Sephlock
Jan 12, 2007, 12:01 AM
So, I'm almost at the end of the singleplayer campaign.

I've started up a multiplayer character, and have had some difficulty getting into the flow of things.

First off, I've read a few threads on these forums, and I have to ask- is it true that people from Uni 1 have cooties?

Secondly, is there a way to change the default drops settings (random, in order, give to finder)? Its annoying to have to change them every single time I host- especially since no one has ever joined one of my games.

Third: For whatever reason, whenever I try to join someones party, I find only three or four parties in the list, and all of them are unjoinable (in progress). Is there some blindingly obvious option I'm missing here, or do I just have to pray that I hit that magic window wherein people are waiting for more players to join?

Fourth: How on Earth do rangers survive? My ranger character is ten different kinds of suck. Aside from aiming issues (I end up holding the left bumper and moving backwards while shooting), theres also ammo shortages to deal with... and don't tell me to buy another gun, I'm a poor n00b, remember http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif?

Numnuttz
Jan 12, 2007, 12:10 AM
first of all rangers survive by staying in the back giving cover fire for the others.stay next to a force and im sure you will survive unless the force sux's(there are many that do so be carefull).now you will always have to set the item distribution. theres no way around it im afarid. it is possible to wait for a party to get started but i suggest you just join a party and go at it.most of the times people will do the same run over and over again so dont worry about not getting a S rank when you first join.

Natrokos
Jan 12, 2007, 12:10 AM
First: Yes we uni 1 people have cuties...I also have an adorable hug emote I use on people so if that wierds you out ....avoid me.
Second: Default is give finder....It's not that big of a deal...Besides you can always join other people^^
Third: Party could be full or it might be a rank too high for you to access.
Fourth: Conservation baby! Only shoot when you have a clear shot....Also *cough* buy another gun *cough*

Enjoy!

MayLee
Jan 12, 2007, 12:15 AM
Welcome aboard!

Hehe, late at night the cooties come out.

Yes, Item distribute and it never changes unless you leave party.

That happens, either they are locked, or just not in your requirement yet.

Sephlock
Jan 12, 2007, 12:24 AM
How are people typing ingame? Does it just require plugging in a USB keyboard to the Xbox 360 (where a controller would normally plug in)? Does it automatically detect the keyboard? How would I bring up the chat box?

As far as joining games goes, it says that I cannot join a mission in progress, so presumably I'm just missing the window. *Shrug* I dunno.

And concerning buying a new weapon, if you feel the need to track me down and make a massive donation of meseta, I'd be glad to follow that advice http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif.

Numnuttz
Jan 12, 2007, 12:37 AM
just grab a usb keyboard and plug it in the 360. the system will know its plugged in and will start working. yea just plug it in at the usb port that the controllers use. if theres a X next to the party that means full or cant join. if theres a lock than its password protected. hopes this helps.

MayLee
Jan 12, 2007, 12:40 AM
You can also type on the controller but it's a pain in the butt.

Sephlock
Jan 12, 2007, 02:18 AM
How exactly do you figure out which armor pieces are worth crafting and which aren't?

The boards tell me the NAME of the unit I'll get, but not the attributes.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sephlock on 2007-01-11 23:21 ]</font>

Turbobrain
Jan 12, 2007, 03:14 AM
On 2007-01-11 23:18, Sephlock wrote:
How exactly do you figure out which armor pieces are worth crafting and which aren't?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sephlock on 2007-01-11 23:21 ]</font>

Come play with me bro, I'll help you as one noob to PSU but long time player of PSO. I am a ok force I think.

As for the aimong issues, I don't uses rangers for that reason. I am very funny when it comes to weps, I also play Metroid Prime Hunters on DS and love to aim at what I'm shooting at. The only thing I can say is get a better gun, one like a spread shooter(not a vists on PSO) coz may may not get much HP but at least you will get the esperience by shooting the enemy.

Though like I said, I never likes using guns on PSO or PSU. Irony even techs are sometimes as untargetable but you sort of get used to knowing which ones to use close mid and far range and on what enemy(for example I don't think ANY other character can beat a god Diga spell on the DE Rgan boss, could be wrong).

My force is Echeo, my username is Wu Tangg(yes to gg's) on PS2/PC version. If you want mail me or join and I'll try and help out.

Sephlock
Jan 12, 2007, 03:35 AM
Awww, no 360? Do me a favor, run out and buy one, and a copy of PSU for it http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif.

Turbobrain
Jan 12, 2007, 03:38 AM
On 2007-01-12 00:14, Turbobrain wrote:

On 2007-01-11 23:18, Sephlock wrote:

Come play with me bro, I'll help you as one noob to PSU but long time player of PSO. I am a ok force I think.

As for the aimong issues, I don't uses rangers for that reason. I am very funny when it comes to weps, I also play Metroid Prime Hunters on DS and love to aim at what I'm shooting at. The only thing I can say is get a better gun, one like a spread shooter(not a vists on PSO) coz may may not get much HP but at least you will get the esperience by shooting the enemy.

Though like I said, I never likes using guns on PSO or PSU. Irony even techs are sometimes as untargetable but you sort of get used to knowing which ones to use close mid and far range and on what enemy(for example I don't think ANY other character can beat a god Diga spell on the DE Rgan boss, could be wrong).

My force is Echo, my username is Wu Tangg(yes to gg's) on PS2/PC version. If you want mail me or join and I'll try and help out.

Sephlock
Jan 12, 2007, 06:41 PM
Ahhh not the phantom post! A quote with no new text! Why must they haunt me no matter where I go on the internet?