PDA

View Full Version : Is it more fun to NOT know? Little secrets: Exposed!

AzureBlaze
Jan 12, 2007, 12:14 AM
No, this isn't a spoiler.
It's just a question on "finding out stuff" about the game. As you may have seen there's all kinds of "Little Junks" that you didn't know you could do when you started out. No one told you, there's no page of them.

But there should be.

Did you know:
You can create playing card and random dice symbols in your speech?

You can simple mail someone WITHOUT having their guild card first, and they don't have yours?

You can type in colors (dur but its legal this time)

You can say things in your room and in battle situations that others can hear? There are 2 sets of these, one for private use the other for battle. They're all different depending which voice you picked. The only place they don't work are lobbies/field lobbies.

The colors of the item decoration spots do mean something, although no one knows what yet

Latest: Synthing 5 grinders at once actually INCREASES your chances of getting a high-rated grinder, although it's counter-intuitive because several weps/sheilds synthed at once LOWER your chances of success signifigantly.

LIES?
If you talk to your pm, it will streight up tell you that the synth time will go DOWN if you synth many things. I don't think anyone ever found this to be true.

My question here is, how is it supposed to be more fun to play the game if you DONT know all this stuff. I would think that knowing it could only serve to -enhance- your fun, and that the info should be broadcast all around/in the instruction manual/sega site etc. These are not big deals by any means, so "discovering" them would not be some massive thrill or spoiler or something.

Do you know any little secrets that aren't here? Is there some place that tells you all this stuff that I just don't know about? What is your opinion?

MayLee
Jan 12, 2007, 12:19 AM
I didn't know you can PM people without their card! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

EphekZ
Jan 12, 2007, 12:22 AM
yeah, you have to be right next to them though, and target them with your little...targeter thingy...

Siertes
Jan 12, 2007, 12:33 AM
Your chances are lower if you're synthing more than one weapon at a time? Is this official info or just things people say? I suppose it may be true since 9 of my last 12 weapons synths failed and each session had four synths going at once.

February
Jan 12, 2007, 12:39 AM
I had 12 going at once today, and only 2 failed. So who knows.

Arislan
Jan 12, 2007, 12:53 AM
Synthing chances don't change on multiple synths of the same or different weapons at once. I call bunk on that. As a result, also calling shenanigans on the 5 grinders being better for +'s thing as well.

RuPiKa
Jan 12, 2007, 01:17 AM
Did someone call "Shenanigans"? *Runs home a grabs broom*

SolomonGrundy
Jan 12, 2007, 01:30 AM
On 2007-01-11 21:53, Arislan wrote:
Synthing chances don't change on multiple synths of the same or different weapons at once. I call bunk on that. As a result, also calling shenanigans on the 5 grinders being better for +'s thing as well.

the +5 grinders thing is true. the developer of the game said as much in a thread here. Anecdotally, I have made many C rank grinders (over 200), and never gotten more than +6 making them in 2-2-1 batches.

Kent
Jan 12, 2007, 01:42 AM
I really doubt that PSU developers come here and post in the forums. Link, please.

McFresh_Bot
Jan 12, 2007, 01:49 AM
http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=132395&forum=20&30

SolomonGrundy
Jan 12, 2007, 01:50 AM
On 2007-01-11 22:42, Kent wrote:
I really doubt that PSU developers come here and post in the forums. Link, please.

:-/ It's in the thread right above this one.

Pengfishh
Jan 12, 2007, 01:53 AM
On 2007-01-11 21:14, AzureBlaze wrote:

Latest: Synthing 5 grinders at once actually INCREASES your chances of getting a high-rated grinder, although it's counter-intuitive because several weps/sheilds synthed at once LOWER your chances of success signifigantly.

LIES?
If you talk to your pm, it will streight up tell you that the synth time will go DOWN if you synth many things. I don't think anyone ever found this to be true.

Damnit, no wonder more than half of my Survivors failed last night. Fourteen go in, 6 come out.

Itsuki
Jan 12, 2007, 02:03 AM
The colors of the item decoration spots do mean something, although no one knows what yet
I thought this was for multi-block decorations? Or you can just place multi-block decorations wherever the hell you want?

Kent
Jan 12, 2007, 02:10 AM
On 2007-01-11 22:50, SolomonGrundy wrote:

On 2007-01-11 22:42, Kent wrote:

:-/ It's in the thread right above this one.

Okay, so instead of coming here and saying it like you posted earlier, he said it to Famitsu, and it was translated and posted here. Gotcha.

throttlekitty
Jan 12, 2007, 02:26 AM
I thought the "synth time" reference was more related to PM evolution level. (Read: play more, you'll get better!)

at level 1, the time to synth a B rank is much larger than a fully evolved one.

Dymalos
Jan 12, 2007, 02:34 AM
Seriously? Multiple Synths hurt? Dang. Well there is absolutely no way that I am not simultaneously making various 9* weapons in the morning.

Rashiid
Jan 12, 2007, 03:43 AM
i like synthing a buncha stuff at once, especially when a random shopper comes in and hears "dun daahh! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif" or "dun dun dun http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif" lol

butzopower
Jan 12, 2007, 04:06 AM
He said synth time not synth chance.

Zarbolord
Jan 12, 2007, 04:08 AM
Could those room deco colours actually be ... planets? there are only 3 right? wait, I'm confused >.>
Actually, lets see blue colony red parum green neudaiz and yellow moatoob? could it be O_O

Tahldon
Jan 12, 2007, 04:59 AM
>.> Just a little two cents on my behalf but..

I feed Hina Ichigo (My PM) Ollaka Rolls, Rice Cakes, and Steamed Milk before I synth stuff.

Not sure if it's the 100 Tech or 100 BT stat but uh.. she hasn't failed anything at all the last past 12 or so items. >.> I dunno if it works or not, feeding them a certain food, but as long as stuff keeps coming out..

..Imma keep doin it.. o.o

Zarbolord
Jan 12, 2007, 05:03 AM
lol nice

FrogKicker
Jan 12, 2007, 07:23 AM
About the room decorations, and mind you, this is just what I have heard and it does seem to work.

Red square represents rares.
Yellow square represents meseta.
The two green squares represent synth materials.
The 10 blue squares represent perishables.

Now what you do is set your room up for a certain planet, like say for instance Parum. So you would want to place your best parum deco in the red slot. Like, the grinna bete S statue. For the yellow you would take another one, and I personally use the de ragan head.(You know...dragons love their gold...>_> ) Well, you get the point of how to do it. I have the hoverboard on my red, de ragan on my yellow and an assload of beetles on everything else, save two blues that have sunflowers.

Disclaimer:
THIS IS NOT FACT AND MAY NOT BE THE CASE BUT IT SEEMS TO WORK FOR ME AND MANY OTHERS.

Arislan
Jan 12, 2007, 09:48 AM
For the past three mornings, I've made 4 A rank weapons, each at below 40% chance. Killed my money supplies but meh. In each case, three of the four have succeeded, and all took just as much time to synth as if they were done individually. Not a big enough sample to really get anything out of it statistically, but it does make it less likely that "less synth percentage chance" is a factor in multiple weapons. Especially when the game *tells* you what the chance is on synth.

Also, in the article, he says "It's complete luck. But if you make 5 of one, rather than 1 of one, you'll get more higher level Grinders out of it." Hardly conclusive.I take that as, "It's complete luck, but if you're making 5 and get a +10, you get 5 of them! Isn't that better than waiting for statistics to even things out?"

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Arislan on 2007-01-12 06:58 ]</font>

panzer_unit
Jan 12, 2007, 10:14 AM
The board and all the materials for Fruit Juice are sold at the Clyez City synth shop. Total 200 meseta per FJ and it's as good as a moon atomizer for PM food. I wish I'd known when leveling my PM for the first time.

Thrash777
Jan 12, 2007, 11:02 AM
You can shortcut anything you want. It can be sounds, cut in chat, different bubbles etc

http://psupedia.info/index.php?title=Chat_Macros it's all here