PDA

View Full Version : New story mission blues...

Schubalts
Jan 12, 2007, 12:11 PM
I was wondering...

How in the infinite hells are we supposed to clear Act 2?!

Reginaldo
Jan 12, 2007, 12:30 PM
Spent the first hour of the update doing this mission. Honestly it wasn't worth it except for the HIVE decoration that I found. I don't plan on playing that mission anytime soon. -_-

OdinTyler
Jan 12, 2007, 01:15 PM
What is this Act 2 I keep hearing about? Is it something that opens up once you beat the game online? Or do offliners like me get something else? I beat it on both Story & Extra & I know theres nothing extra opened up on Extra.

Genji
Jan 12, 2007, 01:47 PM
Act 2 is the second part of the online episodes. When you beat Act 1 you're taken to a small lobby before you begin Act 2 so you can refill your PP and purchase any supplies like traps or mates.

Act 2 of this new episode was pretty annoying. I died the first time from megid, then restarted and spent 20 minutes trying to solve the puzzle.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Genji on 2007-01-12 10:48 ]</font>

ProfessorZ
Jan 12, 2007, 01:52 PM
I hate the chaos sorcerrors and the winged demons

Thrash777
Jan 12, 2007, 02:28 PM
It took me a little while to figured out, no biggy tho.

Oh, I also suggest level 30+

Zorafim
Jan 12, 2007, 02:32 PM
What puzzle? Just press all the switches, using the teleporters for extra speed. The only hard part of the mission is figuring out that going right leads you to the first switch instead of back to the lobby like you would expect.

By the way, did the boss of the area spam that move where he turns invincible and swats you off with his arm? I never had a chance of attacking since he kept on doing that one move continuously.

Kura-X
Jan 12, 2007, 03:15 PM
in which order are you supposed to hit the switches, and where do you place Laia. i have no freaking clue

A2K
Jan 12, 2007, 03:53 PM
It's fairly easy once you figure out.

First order of business is to CLEAR IT OUT. The enemies will eat into the sixty second grace period fairly quickly. Leave Laia at the next switch after the first room--not the one with the teleporter back to the first switch, but the other one. Then simply run around the map in a counter-clockwise direction until they're all hit.

As for the boss... I fought him twice on each of my characters. It seems for the good amount of time in the first part he's shielded. I just went after the claws instead until he finally let up and let me shoot him in the face.

-Crokar-
Jan 12, 2007, 06:18 PM
im a 60. this mission is freakin damn near immpossible to complete in a decent time. i quit after 45 minutes

Randomness
Jan 12, 2007, 06:21 PM
On 2007-01-12 15:18, -Crokar- wrote:
im a 60. this mission is freakin damn near immpossible to complete in a decent time. i quit after 45 minutes

I quit Act 1 after 19... The Gaozorans take forever to kill...

Can they drop the rod here?

-Crokar-
Jan 12, 2007, 06:23 PM
On 2007-01-12 15:21, Randomness wrote:

On 2007-01-12 15:18, -Crokar- wrote:

I quit Act 1 after 19... The Gaozorans take forever to kill...

Can they drop the rod here?

i want to know this as well. i think im going to switch to a ranger and use a bunch of rifles with light bullets

Jonty
Jan 12, 2007, 06:53 PM
I dont know what all the fuss is about! It was a bit trickier than the other story missions yes, but no real trouble. Any good drops available? I quite enjoyed it ^_^
Although, the switch bit isn't really any fun...

Cassee
Jan 12, 2007, 09:17 PM
Oh good, looks like I'm not the only one who got terribly frustrated by that accursed Act 2. x_x; Took me... well, over half an hour, I know that much. I've just kind of blocked the whole mission from my mind.

Except for the Hyuga/Laia catfight. That was -fun-. X3

Eliash
Jan 12, 2007, 09:33 PM
I think act I took me about 30 minutes, and act II about 17 minutes. The PSU equivilant of the Chaos Sorc is annoying as a Fighgunner, so I decided to use fire bullets to burn them. It works fairly well, still took me about 7000+ PP to clear the stages out. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif The boss was annoying because I had very few mates left, and I started getting scared when all the Megid spells were flying by, but I don't think they actually do anything. I don't know if they all missed me or what but I never saw any damage taken from them, not even 0's.

Zorafim
Jan 12, 2007, 09:35 PM
Hey, at least the story is getting good. It's starting to get reminiscent of PSO. Now all we need is for the most loved character to die, and a mechanical zone, and I'm set.

Eliash
Jan 12, 2007, 09:41 PM
I have died in Lab Recovery S plenty of times... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Ronzeru
Jan 12, 2007, 09:55 PM
On 2007-01-12 18:41, Eliash wrote:
I have died in Lab Recovery S plenty of times... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

At first I was fixin' to make a smartass remark, but then I saw you're from NYC. Can't help but have love for you now, so i'm stepping down.

Dre_o
Jan 12, 2007, 10:58 PM
The Key to beating the entire thing is do not trust Laia or Hyuga to do ANYTHING. Expect to go in and kill EVERYTHING yourself. From there, just crack your knuckles, sit back, and start the killing spree.

XCOPY
Jan 13, 2007, 12:29 AM
heh heh...hilarious. I should've gotten it on tape, as I'm sure this must've been a record; Hyuga died so many times, I just lost count. It was at least once every 6 seconds at one point. Funny that he makes the condescending remark "I don't think you're ready" at the end for what was surely an F- rank if below-C ranks like that existed. Yeah, and you died how many hundreds of times, Hyuga?

*I was quite relieved when the boss didn't transform....if he did, that would've been it for me.

ZodiacNKnight
Jan 13, 2007, 12:33 AM
Took me 10 minutes... >_>
Level 53

SolRiver
Jan 13, 2007, 12:40 AM
The boss was annoying. He kept spamming flashy things and cause my PC to lag like hell, took over 20 min to kill him.

Laia and Hyuga were good shields against those foie.

BlueEyedDevil
Jan 15, 2007, 02:31 AM
so what do you do with the button to open the last room?

Shadow_Wing
Jan 15, 2007, 02:43 AM
There's a 2nd button near the door... took me 5 mins to find that lol

Anyways, the 1st part was ez, the chaos sorcs were annoying with their foie (only thing that did dmg to me there XD go go my 44% dark Phantom Line!) I used Laia and Hyuga as shields since they did full dmg to me cause I'm a cast XD. I actually Sed this with 24 mins @_@

The 2nd part is easy once u figure it, you have to leave Laia at the 2nd switch and just run around using the teleporters for speed. I was 10 seconds short of 1 min.

Dulk Falkis was fun, and funny since he did a lot of 0s to me XD

Razelchen
Jan 15, 2007, 06:39 AM
I got 2 Ulrods (2 *) from the Chaos Sorcerer and a Twin Autogun from the Tengoh at lvl 55. I am a bit dissapointed. Mobs were lvl 20 btw.