PDA

View Full Version : PSU-XBox 360: Shop Prices

Krans
Jan 13, 2007, 12:18 AM
This is for those on 360 who run pretty successful shops, ive been reading about how a lot of you "sell out" and make loads of money, i've made a decent amount since opening shop a week ago but now everything has slowed quite a bit.

Any advice on pricing because i have most of my stuff below 50%, and it seems like it varies so much by item like some stuff sells for like 80% others wont unless its like 20%. I don't have any great stuff like A ranks, best thing i sold was the omnagoug for 35k. I got a ragan tail but its not selling even for like 11k, im selling B rank weaps at 2k and below idk these prices seem good to me but i guess i need any help or advice on shops i can get

Edman
Jan 13, 2007, 05:23 PM
I sell everything really cheap. Usually 50% or less, and I mean it.
Sold a Grinna Bete S for 400k while everyone else was going 600-1 million.

Whatever you do, dont be one of those dicks who put up ads that say "EVERYTHING UNDER NPC!!" and then put stuff up for double what its worth. Advertise rares like Vulcalines or Ebons with prices. If they're good and you actually charge what you say you do, people will come in.

And contrary to popular belief, Vulcalines aren't worth 10k (8k at NPC), Im-photons aren't worth 1.5k ($200 NPC), etc.

Eliash
Jan 13, 2007, 05:32 PM
Put photons up at your shop for 30-50 meseta each and I'll be sure to clean you out for the next few days. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Seriously, if you aren't selling items it's probably because you are not on the list, or too expensive. Search for an item you are selling to see if you appear on the list, if not then try going to a place where people could use the item and say that you are selling so and so for x meseta in your shop. Don't spam it, just say it once every so often and make sure to check your shop to see if it sells.

Other than that, try to get items popular items in your shop. The more times your name shows up on the search, the more customers that may buy from you.

I wouldn't say I run a successful shop because my shop has been empty mostly since I save everything, but if you do some of these things you shouldn't have much of a problem selling items.

Solion
Jan 26, 2007, 02:14 AM
It's funny, I actually did up a huge cost analysis for items in my shop and their more or less profitable sales prices. They are less than the NPCs but not so much that I cannot make a profit. My profit margin, the amount I make over the sale of items is about 20%, so for every hundred meseta I get, 20 of it is pure profit. As the stakes get higher, 6, 7, 8 star and such, I charge a little more but still remain at a fair to moderate. For instance, you buy some ebon from me, I charge a reasonable 3000 since it retails for 4000 at the NPC stalls. I also worked it out to cover the expense of buying cheaper materials and synthing them up higher to cover my cost and make a decent proffit. But, starting at, for instance, Carlian, if I can buy it for less than 80 Meseta a piece, I can get a full conversion of Carlian, plus the cost of the conversion board, into eight pieces of Peparian, retailing them for a total of 4000Me. 32 Carlian at 80, plus 500 for the board equals 3060Me. Selling the eight pieces of Peparian, I can cover the cost and make a nice 940Me at the same time. I think, doing this bare-bones, simple calculation, gives me and the customers the opportunity to save and make money. Course, if I find the materials, the profit increases...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Solion on 2007-01-25 23:15 ]</font>