PDA

View Full Version : Please asisst with getting the user interface fixed for non-

IceBurner
Jan 13, 2007, 12:46 AM
I recently submitted this letter to Sega in multiple ways, and I strongly encourage others to do something similar if you'd like to have your user interface have common-sense features we already had in the previous game that laid the groundwork for PSU.

"Hello Sega,

PSOBB had two really basic features that I'm just horrified didn't make it into PSU. Lack of the first can actually interfere with gameplay:

PSU doesn't allow you to select which gamepad to use, it just always defaults to gamepad 1. PSOBB detected and allowed you to assign game functions to any button or axis from ANY game controller, and even have different buttons assigned to different controllers, assuming you were crazy and wanted to play that way. Point is, PSOBB was a job done right, and in PSU I have to unhook devices to play with the correct gamepad.

Also, where did word wrap go? I see a "word wrap" option in PSO's ini, but it doesn't do anything.
It's really ann
oying to read E
nglish broken u
p like this.

I expect better than this, Sega. Sega was originally an American company, so act like it. When you release a game here, I expect you to fix things so they work well, and well for Americans. It's the least you can do for your customers here and for my up-front payment, plus my ~$10 a month."

-Shimarisu-
Jan 13, 2007, 12:50 AM
Hahaha yeah USA USA USA.

FYI Japanese products have in general a far higher standard than American ones, so LOLing at the "Sega was originally an American company, so act like it." Really that's amazingly shortsighted and arrogant.

Sega are nothing like how they were when they were American owned, half a bloody decade ago. They have been completely turned around. I could as much say to you "Hey you used to be British/Irish/Polish/German/Icelandic/wherever the hell your ancient forefathers came from, so act like it!"

It would be equally nationalistic and arrogant.

nefarious
Jan 13, 2007, 01:13 AM
On 2007-01-12 21:50, -Shimarisu- wrote:
Hahaha yeah USA USA USA.

FYI Japanese products have in general a far higher standard than American ones, so LOLing at the "Sega was originally an American company, so act like it." Really that's amazingly shortsighted and arrogant.

Sega are nothing like how they were when they were American owned, half a bloody decade ago. They have been completely turned around. I could as much say to you "Hey you used to be British/Irish/Polish/German/Icelandic/wherever the hell your ancient forefathers came from, so act like it!"

It would be equally nationalistic and arrogant.

In General.

I'd like to remind you at this point that he was pointing out some widely acknowledged pitfalls of PSU. And furthermore voicing completely legitmiate complaints.

Also;

Way to try to debase an otherwise valid thread by picking apart his wording and opinion.

So on, and so forth...

Speaking of "shortsighted". I believe his comments about how Sega was an American company is referring to the fact that Japanese companies tend to show very heavy favoritism toward their Japanese comsumers versus their American comsumers. Granted there are usually reasons for it, but sometimes not so much, and the end result is that Americans with a penchant for games that come from Japan have a sour taste in their mouth from how they're treated like second rate customers.

So he's really not talking about Quality. When he says "You started out as an American company, act like it" I believe it means more "Act like you give a damn about your American consumers" NOT "Start making quality American products, BUILT FORD TOUGH!!!111"

He's as far as I can tell just talking about differential treatment, because basically, we all know SOA doesn't really listen to us or give a shit what we say, and that even if they do... SOJ could give two shits what we say, or what SOA says.

IceBurner
Jan 13, 2007, 01:59 AM
Thank you nefarious, but I'm not worried about that kind of drivel. Shitting your opinion all over a picnic is still shitting all over a picnic.

You did really hit the nail on the head. I went with that wording so that readers would be able to pick up on those points while still keeping the written word out of hostile and disrespectful territory. If I've come across as indignant or strongly dissatisfied with some base failings, that's exactly what I aimed for.

What really matters is actually taking the time to express our feelings to Sega, in the right way, about some really basic product shortcomings. Consumers just don't do this often enough. We have every right to be upset when the next step forward appears to leave behind some fundamentals it took far too long to get the last time 'round.

-Shimarisu-
Jan 13, 2007, 03:09 AM
Didn't mean half a decade ago, meant half a century lol.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Jan 13, 2007, 03:17 AM
1. I haven't had any problems with my gamepad. *shrug*
2. lrn2alt+enter

Pengfishh
Jan 13, 2007, 03:51 AM
That sounds like a problem one person notices. But you're right, not being able to use one controller, like, totally breaks the game and I am sad, too.