PDA

View Full Version : Ugg, I'm running out of PP too quickly...

Zorafim
Jan 13, 2007, 01:50 AM
Since I've been trying to level my new PAs, I've ran out of PP too quickly as a hunter. I can't even last half the mission without running out or resorting to my dagger and handgun combo. How would one counter this?

BloodDragoon
Jan 13, 2007, 01:52 AM
Photon Charge Cosmo for me... >.>

GoldenFalcon
Jan 13, 2007, 01:52 AM
Get a second weapon for each type. Example: Have 2 dagger and handgun combo's on your palette.

Zorafim
Jan 13, 2007, 01:58 AM
Right now, I'm using up a total of four palette slots. Spear runs out almost instantly, dual claw doesn't last much longer. Twin dagger can last me, but not very long. Besides helping my pa leveling, duplicate weapons wouldn't do much more than completely new weapons. Maybe I should get new weapons, though none really appeal to me, and I do have a meseta limit...

ljkkjlcm9
Jan 13, 2007, 02:03 AM
well typically Yohmei has the best PP. Even 6* spear at Yohmei has more PP than the 9*. I bought 6* weapons, 6 of them, of the weapons I really wanted to level, then spammed them. Or at least I did that with one weapon so far. The other weapons I want to level badly are twin dagger and dblsaber. Dblsaber is GRM only, and expensive, while Yohmei makes the higher daggers. Kinda puts me stuck with those two.

THE JACKEL

Zorafim
Jan 13, 2007, 02:05 AM
Hm, my trouble isn't leveling the techs (I think I can live with having them at lv11 for a while), but rather pacing myself to last through the mission. Of course both would be nice as well...

ljkkjlcm9
Jan 13, 2007, 02:06 AM
Do valley of Carnage, C or B depending on your level. Half way through you get the cube, and if you run out in B2, the cube isn't far.

THE JACKEL

Zorafim
Jan 13, 2007, 02:19 AM
Heh, I meant for normal missions, such as an A rank dragon run or S rank LL or what have you. It's embarrassing not having a decent form of attack for half the mission.

hypersaxon
Jan 13, 2007, 03:17 AM
You probably shouldn't be spamming your PA too much. I usually use my PA on large groups of enemies, or enemies with multiple target points. And I try to use it sparringly so as not to run out of PP too quickly. Like I'm not going to use my PA exclusively on enemies and never use normal attacks, because then you're just asking to run out of PP.

I'd suggest if you're having trouble with PP management, to give Yohmei a try since they have massive PP and best regen rates. Then try and limit yourself a little more as far as using your PA, we know that everyone wants to get to Level 30 as quickly as possible but you don't want to waste a fortune on recharging your weapons every 2 minutes.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Jan 13, 2007, 03:18 AM
You know, normal, non-PA attacks do damge too. And better still, while you're doing these attacks, the PP recovers. Amazing!

Yeah, that or carry duplicates of each weapon with you.

Or both.

Zorafim
Jan 13, 2007, 03:19 AM
Hm, I have been spamming my PAs too much. It's got to a point where I only use normal attacks for boxes. I guess until I can find a way to get my PP to last longer, I'll use PAs just for when they're needed.

Dj_SkyEpic
Jan 13, 2007, 03:31 AM
I buy photon chargers each run. I carry about 4 rods now ( x.x I'm a wand user... rods + dj = dos not compute) for debuff and buff sticks. 1 rod mainly for lvling a "main technic for the day" such as dambarta and etc.

Zorafim
Jan 13, 2007, 03:48 AM
Hm, Photon chargers are still very meseta ineffective for me. I'd end up spending more money charging my weapons than healing if I'd do that. But once I get to a decent level with a decent income, I'm definitely going to do that, along with buffing myself. Especially once it takes 500 meseta to completely refill a weapon at a photon charger station.

Cav
Jan 13, 2007, 05:11 AM
I carry 13 weapons normally and usually end up recharging once during the mission. These new PAs eat PP like fiends I tell ya.