PDA

View Full Version : Pricing plan.

Wheatpenny
Jan 13, 2007, 11:08 AM
EDIT: Forgot to put in factoring for failures and sucess in equation.

This is a transcript of a post I made in response to someone whining about weapon cost on the official PSU forums, I figgured I wouls post this and see PSOW's opininon on if this is fair or not?

I think about 300-500k (Depending on element %) is a fair price on 9* weapons. On the whole "the board is no big deal on cost thing"..no offense but did you contemplate that it still cost for materials, also that when you FAIL that detracts from your projected profit margin as well not to mention that the boards aren't for free? You want people to sell these weapons for less..how about you also talk to the vast majority of the PC/PS2 poplulation that are selling elemental photons for 10-100k each, see if you can get them to lower them photon prices a bit there scooter? Product prices swings heavily on PRODUCTION COST.

Here is my idea for pricing strucure for basic 9* weapons.I plan to implement soon (work in progress)

Add price of Vulcaline + Wood + Metal + Photon + 1/3 of Board cost

Any melee weapon I manufacture will fall acording to this formula.

10-40% element = Formula + 10-40% / Factor in dividing or multiplying cost for each weapon based on the fails vs. synths on board = Sellnig price for each weapon.

50% elements TBA

This is my plan here and you can flamebite me all you want people but this is how I am soon gona roll on my shop.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Wheatpenny on 2007-01-13 12:44 ]</font>

Wheatpenny
Jan 13, 2007, 01:12 PM
LOL I was gona post this in general then decided trade would have been more appropriate, placed it there and it got moved back to general, I should have went with my gut instict.

_Deliverance_
Jan 13, 2007, 01:19 PM
I agree. The problem is, the people that are really complaining about prices, are the ones that aren't charging over 10k per photon. Unfortunately, even they, are few and far between.

zanotam
Jan 13, 2007, 01:39 PM
i just don't make elemental stuff so i actually buy form npc's and for stuff like k-wood i buy from friends and i make massive profit especially on alterics. Man who would have though half price on alterics would be 500k + when lvl 3 luck day comes and i grind even more profit http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Jasam
Jan 13, 2007, 03:24 PM
I actully have a spread sheet that works out the true cost of a synth, factoring the exact amount lost from failures based on success%

Thats what I use to work out the minimun I can sell for and make a profit on mathamaticly http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif