PDA

View Full Version : How useful is the Giga PP Save unit?

Ludamec
Jan 13, 2007, 11:14 AM
Also is it true that one can be found off rappies in Linear Line S? I'm thinkin of conducting a good ol' pso rare hunt and do some runs for it til it drops. But does anyone know by how much percent the PP is reduced...so that I know I'm not wasting my time for a unit that only has a 10% reduction :/

Parn
Jan 13, 2007, 11:18 AM
25% reduction on weapon skills. Doubles the cost of your bullets.

Meep
Jan 13, 2007, 11:29 AM
Jpn Wiki lists it as causing melee pp usage to drop to 75% while increasing bullet pp usage to 200%.

Which imo, is freak'n awesome. Even for a figunner, just swap the slot if you're in an area that needs to shoot a lot, then swap it back on.

So in theory...

For a figunner, you now have fortefighter pp usage...

For a Forte Fighter... your Dagger PA just became 6 per PA... YOU REGEN WHAT IT COSTS NOW! (Currently a figunner myself... but that's DAMN TEMPTING).

On our wiki, and various reports by players, the slot can drop off ANY rappy lvl 50+

Mad Creatures being the easiest of the rappy maps... but also the map with no spawn pattern listed on websites I can find...

So my goal is to find the spawn pattern for Mad Creatures. I'll also use this opportunity to ask for help!

I've mapped 9 failing spawn patterns (no rappies), one successful spawn I personally can varify, and found one post about another successful spawn I cannot verify.

I'll make another reply with that info in it.

Thrash777
Jan 13, 2007, 11:46 AM
Yep! I picked one up off a Rappy on Mitzuraki S! But it didn't go to me...! ARGH! >_<

Meep
Jan 13, 2007, 12:40 PM
I know I'm not alone in wanting a very nice and nifty Melee Skill PP save slot item, but cannot solo linear line S or Relics. So here's our best shot, Mad Creatures S. You can map out spawns in C rank, I recommend having more than my one verified result before trying to endlessly run S rank.

Pretty easy to follow.

-Start by looking at the screen shots to see which map pattern you're on.

-Next look at the first group of monsters that spawn.

-Now you have a pretty good idea which map/spawn set you have. Simply follow along the row to comfirm what set you have.

-IF you disagree with any of the spawns, you have a very good chance of running into a rappy!! The one I have verified, I knew it was a rappy spawn map the second I saw the first spawn of block 2, it was different!

-Once we have more confirmed spawns, we can disregard HALF the possible maps to greatly increase chances of running into a rappy.

-So follow along, if so see anything different, MAKE NOTE OF IT. Post your results, let's help each other =)

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h43/zxcv-zxcv/MadCreatures-1.jpg

Chart IS a work in progress, why it's not complete. I added that 4th spawn for block 1 AFTER finding my first rappy spawn. Did this in hope of identifying the spawn sooner than block 2 (killing mobs solo can take a while in S, any time saved really adds up).

I know it's kinda hard to read... Don't have any websites of my own to post it properly, I can email it to anyone willing to put it up properly.

Bah, bottom of my image was cut off, it's supposed to read "Umberger 21:09, 3 January 2007 (CST)" to note the original poster... This spawn I have not verified, and is missing/uncertain of info, but a nice starting point. Hope my chart and his info can lead to another verified/complete Rappy Spawn pattern!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Meep on 2007-01-13 09:58 ]</font>

Bobkitty
Jan 13, 2007, 12:45 PM
The ATP you lose is hardly noticable, and my weapon set usually last from block 1 to the end of block 3 on De ragan S. Without the unit, I was running out of PP well in block 2.

Lyrise
Jan 13, 2007, 01:44 PM
I've said this many times before, and I guess I'll say it again. This unit is very good for fortefighters; but not so good for Fighgunners that utilize all-range attack ability. Unless you really feel like micromanaging your units everytime you want to use a gun, you will empty those suckers out extremely fast.

On the other hand... Fighgunners who don't know the definition of "projectile weapon" will have fun using this though. Tornado Dance at its strongest eats up 40PP, so with this unit on, it drops to 30, which is very good savings...

Golto
Jan 13, 2007, 02:33 PM
There is a rappy x4 spawn for Mad Creatures. I think it starts with polties in b1 and b2. B1 being the one that starts you off by going up a ramp and two monsters spawn.

Zorafim
Jan 13, 2007, 03:42 PM
Whoa, this unit is out? How long do you think it will take to find one?

Meep
Jan 13, 2007, 06:11 PM
To get one:

1. You have to find a lvl 50+ rappy.
2. Beat it up
3. Pray it drops the unit

Number one on its own is very rare... but you can increase how often you find them by knowing which map/spawn sets will have them. Just abandon the sets you know cannot have them.

So figuring out which sets can have rappies is the LARGEST part of getting the unit. Wish more people would like try to help map this out... I made a very strong start of it.

Oh well, I'm still trying.

Zorafim
Jan 13, 2007, 06:15 PM
I'm using your map, and it's really helpful. Hopefully I'll find the unit I want today, and if not, hopefully I'll find a good rare item trying.

Would you happen to know how rare each rare map is? Would you say there's a 1/400 chance of finding it, or something along those lines?

Good luck filling out the rest of the map, I hope you find other people to help your work.

Meep
Jan 13, 2007, 08:39 PM
I'd say the odds of crashing into a rare enemy are roughly 1/60 from personal experience. From seeing rappies in weaker linear lines, ruins, and mad creatures. Also taking into account how many times I've seen a Jao.

So anything that can help toss out a waste of time mission faster, the better.

Also like to point out if you haven't noticed, a winning spawn pattern closely resembles a failure pattern too. So till you know exactly what the possible good spawn set is for a map, you can't really toss out my documented fails.

I know way more people want this item than will be willing to help. =p Just waiting for me to find out will take a lot longer than if more people put a little effort in.

Good to know atleast one person is willing =)

Good luck!

Niered
Jan 13, 2007, 08:42 PM
Question: Is this the same way that you can get the Giga/bullet slot item? I had heard that Moatoob was the only place one could find this item on, (Supposedly due to the fact that the Jao's drop it instead of rappies) Is there any truth to that statement? I had basically given up all hope on finding one if that was the case, at least until the missions there became more popular, but is it possible to find this from rappies as well?

Eliash
Jan 13, 2007, 08:50 PM
I don't think that applies to the Giga / Bullet item, but TBH I'm not sure if that's true.

Zorafim
Jan 13, 2007, 08:59 PM
You said that there was a 1/60 chance of running into a rappy. That would mean that, theoretically, if you did Mad Creatures 60 times, assuming your estimation is true, You would see one rare spawn of rappies? Would that also mean that, if you found a run that looked like the rare map, there was a 1/10 chance of it actually being the rare map?

Golto
Jan 13, 2007, 09:44 PM
Giga Bullet does seem more rare. Jaggos are supposed to be the rare monster in Lab Recovery but i've had no luck getting the b2 spawn pattern.

Meep
Jan 13, 2007, 09:54 PM
The bullet one does come only from S rank Jaggo's.

I've personally seen Jaggo's twice in Valley of Carnage, not looking for them. Have the Jao room decor to prove it and some Mustache I have no clue what to do with...

Fortunatley for you, there's already a spawn chart made for Valley of Carnage.

http://psupedia.info/index.php?title=Rare_Monsters

Unfortunately, they don't have a chart for Mad Creatures... Don't know about other melees, but I personally find it very inefficient/unrealistic to solo Linear Line and Sleeping Warrios S. Megid flying everywhere in LL and those fliers in relics that refuse to die.

Mad Creatures imo seems to be the most realistic to actually obtain one of melee pp usage slots. No monsters with instant death, no monsters with massive HP, and there's even safe spots you can stand in to hit things and they can't reach you.

As for my 1/60 stat, that's just my personal average w/o abandoning any missions, just randomly crashing into them.

I'd like to avoid math, since this is based off a soft number (not something concrete) but if you wish to...

Being able to distinguish waste of time will increase your odds of find a winning spawn. 1.6% with 1/60, making the 9 wastes of time equal about 10.9% each. Once the winning sets are found, we toss out 6 fails. Bringing the ratio down to 1.6/32.8, over 5%. That's 1/20. Now couple that with knowing WHERE they can spawn, you can abandon a failed mission part way through (like my confirmed one was part way through block 2, no need to finish 2 or do 3). Also... couple in that you probably will not get the drop the first time, any saved time really adds up.

So this increases your odds of finding a rare mob by roughly 3 times. You can throw out a failed one half way, so that's another 2 times faster, making 6 times.

So mindlessly running the map; for every one rappy spawn you'd find, person with a real method would have found six. Doesn't sound that much faster does it? Now taking into account my confirmed spawn is only 2 rappies, the rumors for the other spawns say they comes in 4's. So if we can get that pattern down, we can toss out my confirmed map all together... A person with no method would not toss any out, so they'd get 2 spawns occassionally (3.33 average instead of a 4 average per spawn).

Taking all these things into account (6 times faster and 4 instead of 3.33), let's look at things another way.

Total Rappies killed

3.33 vs 24
6.67 vs 48
10.00 vs 72
13.33 vs 96
16.67 vs 120

Same ratio... who do you think is going to get the unit first? =)

These are just rough numbers based on the one confirmed spawn. Rumors of another spawn pattern also support this... the 3rd pattern... if the first spawn is an easy way to differentiate it, then that'd shoot up the odds even more.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Meep on 2007-01-13 19:14 ]</font>

Zorafim
Jan 13, 2007, 10:11 PM
5%, twenty runs to obtain... Much easier than the amount of runs you had to do in PSO to get rare items, though those said items were much rarer than the items we see here.
Oh, why does it seem so much harder than that... I spent several hours of doing LL C trying to get a tree, and I didn't have any luck at all, even since I could kill each enemy in one hit.

-Ryuki-
Jan 13, 2007, 10:22 PM
Well, I did remember I ran into Noel Rappies in a Mad Creatures C run to Raffon. Dropped an Xmas Tree for me <3

Giga PP Save! GO!

ZeroVer01
Jan 13, 2007, 10:48 PM
I am currently doing rare monster runs to confirm your second group. IF I can find the rappies on it, I will confirm your pattern. So far though, no rappies after 6 hours.

Wish me luck.

Niered
Jan 14, 2007, 10:39 AM
Thank you for hte information about the jaggo's, now I just gotta take the time to get around to DOING valley of carnage =P

ZeroVer01
Jan 14, 2007, 11:36 AM
Ugh... I gave up yesterday after 9 hours of no luck. I will try again later today though.

Parn
Jan 14, 2007, 12:02 PM
Got rappies, but they dropped meseta.

DENIED

Ryoki
Jan 14, 2007, 12:07 PM
The Valley of carnage spawns on Psupedia.org are flat out wrong. Me and my friend Ryeenae got the right spawn, no jaggos. F*ck psupedia, goddamnit.

Niered
Jan 14, 2007, 01:04 PM
seriously? They dont work....dammit...im gonna hafta wait then until they fix em'.

ZeroVer01
Jan 14, 2007, 01:09 PM
Last I checked, the VoC did work. My friend spammed it about a week ago. Maybe you got caught by map that looks very similar to rare monster spawn, but does not have them. Every rare monster spawn map, has one very similar to it that does not have a rare enemy.

Emrald
Jan 14, 2007, 01:10 PM
does this slot work with Techs?

Bobkitty
Jan 14, 2007, 02:03 PM
I'm pretty darn sure, S rank Rappies are much rarer than 1/60 or anything like that.. I have nearly 200 runs through mad creatures with one group of rapies appearing somewhere within the first 5 runs.

Golto
Jan 14, 2007, 03:00 PM
The voc rare spawn is tricky because of the 2nd block first spawn. To get the rare monsters i've read the buffed vandas have to spawn 3 then 2 then 2. But most of the time it will be 3 then 3 then 1. They only real way you can tell if you got the rare one is to kill the first 3 at the same time. Which is not that easy to do on S rank. Tomorrow I have +3 luck so i'm going for the jaggo rare spawn in Lab Recovery instead. Its is more clear weither or not in the 2nd block if it is the rare spawn.

Emrald
Jan 14, 2007, 11:01 PM
no one anwsered my question...will pp save work with techs?

Golto
Jan 14, 2007, 11:05 PM
No there is one for skills and one for Bullets none for tech as far as I know. Giga/ PP Bullet Save and Giga/ PP SKill Save.

Emrald
Jan 14, 2007, 11:06 PM
damnit T_T...everyone go awww poor me

ZeroVer01
Jan 14, 2007, 11:10 PM
Gah... just my luck. As soon as I gave up hunting today, I did a random C run to go to the field base. Just my luck. Rappies appear.

Emrald
Jan 14, 2007, 11:11 PM
XD XD

imfanboy
Jan 14, 2007, 11:34 PM
Of course not - there's another save unit for techs that rare Bil De Vears drop.

Or at least, so I'm told. ^-^

And what do you pansies mean, you can't do Linear Line S-rank? All you have to do is not give a rat's ass about dying; after all, dying doesn't affect the way that you get a drop. Just walk right back in after eating a megid - that is, if you know it's a rappy map.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: imfanboy on 2007-01-14 20:36 ]</font>

PaladinRPG
Jan 15, 2007, 01:02 AM
I think I'm going to make this my next project. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Meep
Jan 15, 2007, 01:36 AM
There is one for Techs.
There's one for everything.

Giga / Skill PP Save (arm)
75% Melee Skills
200% Bullet
Drops off S Rank Rappies

Giga / Bullet PP Save (arm)
75% Bullets
150% Skills (Bastard Rangers got a deal)
Drops off S Rank Jaggos

Te / TECH PP Save (head)
80% TECHNIC
I forget if there was a downside... Though a headslot is a huge loss for a Force, cast speed slot, +TP etc, it's a critical slot for them.
Drops off Darbelan

Anyhoo. As I said before, my 1/60 was my average, seen 5 rare spawns. Fairly easy to calc how many runs I've done since they were done with my PM. Takes 4 and 1/6 runs per PM battle stat level. (Yes I know this means I've done 300+ runs, no need to point it out >.> )

Average is an average. Does it mean I got one every hardcore level plow I've done? No way. I did get 2 in one day before, to be honest, I was not checking my luck at the time (it's been 0 for most of everyone yesterday). Maybe it influences a chance or a rare spawn map? Maybe, maybe not. Who knows? I'm still learning about the game, so don't have all the answers. Why I'm posting, let's learn together =)

Luck WILL effect the chances of it dropping off a rappy you beat up though.

"ZeroVer01: Gah... just my luck. As soon as I gave up hunting today, I did a random C run to go to the field base. Just my luck. Rappies appear. "

Did you pay attention to what the spawn pattern was? Would be very valueable information. PLEASE say you did... *Hopes*

Glad to see this post is getting more attention, was pretty disappointed yesterday.

Let's get this beat =)

ZeroVer01
Jan 15, 2007, 02:48 AM
The spawn pattern was for the third type, which on the chart, has no info. The only thing I can confirm for monsters, was that the rappies appear in the room with the photon charger. Two Shagreece appear right before the rappies spawn. The room right before this had either 2 distova or koltova. Finally, the last room of the block had all shagreece.

I have had the rappies here before, and I know that if the shagreece are in the charger room, then you get two rappies.

I don't have the specifics on the block, because I was not expecting it at all.

I will be doing more runs tommorrow, and I am going to try to confirm the second patterns rappy drop run. Wish me luck!

Meep
Jan 15, 2007, 12:44 PM
CONFIRMED!!!

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h43/zxcv-zxcv/Confirmed.jpg

Absolutely no difference till you see the rappies themselves. My second map set on the list, Polties at the start of both blocks. They're just by that tree as you exit the cave, 4 of them. I'll make an updated list later. Maybe hopefully with more info on that charger box spawn.

Coupled with my other confirmed one, we now have 2/3 of the possible spawns! If only ZeroVer01 had paid more attention we'd have them all (hehe, not blaming you, it can be frustrating, glad you been trying as much as you have).

We have a very solid start now, keep adding any more info you guys find, good luck to all!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Meep on 2007-01-15 09:47 ]</font>

ZeroVer01
Jan 15, 2007, 12:58 PM
Meep, I will try to get thast spawn again. I seem to get it very often. My only question is, does anyone know what the first room spawn is. Or else, this could be a long hunt.

Also, I have only heard of one possible difference. A friend of mine said that koltova's spawn in the cave instead of Distova's. Can you confirm which one it is. I am just curious.

Meep
Jan 15, 2007, 01:16 PM
"Also, I have only heard of one possible difference. A friend of mine said that koltova's spawn in the cave instead of Distova's. Can you confirm which one it is. I am just curious. "

They are exactly the same, down to every spawn until the rappies. I made an extended list too to try to confirm more differences. For both blocks 1 and 2, same room, second sets of spawns, etc. Exactly the same.

But I can do something even better =)

If you want to save time on S rank killings. For block 1, ignore the 2 distovas you'd kill only for S rank result. And block 2... you can run past the Polties outside the cave, run past the Distovas in the cave, and right to the tree where the rappies might be.

We don't care about rank results, so don't have to fight everything =)

BLACKR0SE
Jan 15, 2007, 01:21 PM
I had one.It is really over rated.Its not worth it.

Meep
Jan 15, 2007, 01:28 PM
Well, I was torn on Fortefighter or Figunner. Decided on Figunner since it would be the most well rounded with a GH450 (imagine my disappointment when I raised it and found out it was broke... and you can imagine my delight that it was fixed recently).

The main thing I missed was NOT the 90 some ATP, but the melee pp usage, would get an entire mission set out of my weapons in a team. Playing as a Forte, I know what a PP saving can do and how useful it is. I gotta carry more recharges as a Figunner, almost as embarassing as not having a doll when you need one.

So I can have the pros of a Figunner and a Forte? SWEET! Worst part (oh noes) is that I'll have to swap units if the stage is really hard (or a boss) and I require more gunning.

As for forte... 6 PP to do a twin dagger PA... it regens what it costs...

Is it the end all game crusher? Heck no, is it a unique and really hard to replace item? Hell ya.

Just my opinion on it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Meep on 2007-01-15 10:39 ]</font>

BLACKR0SE
Jan 15, 2007, 01:36 PM
On 2007-01-15 10:28, Meep wrote:
Well, I was torn on Fortefighter or Figunner. For various reasons I picked Figunner. The main thing I missed was NOT the 90 some ATP, but the melee pp usage, would get an entire mission set out of my weapons in a team. I gotta carry more recharges as a Figunner...

So I can have the pros of a Figunner and a Forte? SWEET! Worst part (oh noes) is that I'll have to swap units if the stage is really hard (or a boss) and I require more gunning.

As for forte... 6 PP to do a twin dagger PA... it regens what it costs...

Is it the end all game crusher? Heck no, is it a unique and really hard to replace item? Hell ya.

Just my opinion on it.

On twin daggers its 12-9.Thats the old PA.The double BA is omg ghey.And you are wasting a arm slot.

Meep
Jan 15, 2007, 01:48 PM
Wasting the arm slot for what?

Try the 50 atp arm slot, beat on things. Take it off, beat on things. It's nothing like the difference a % makes on a weapon. In the grand scheme of things, not a huge issue. Sustainable, consistant damage was something I missed when I changed from Fortfighter.

And yes, the Dagger PA would be 9 on a Figunner, it would be 6 on a Fortefighter as I said.

You're entitled to your own opinion, but atleast have a real reason for it. (Sorry, "omg ghey" doesn't count)

Lord_Draco
Jan 15, 2007, 01:49 PM
Meep, I'm having a bit of troube getting your Map B spawn to work. I run into all of the spawns you list exactly, but instead of the rappies I run into the Vahras. I know these two maps are similar, but is there any slight difference I use to confirm if I'm on the rappy spawn map?

Meep
Jan 15, 2007, 01:57 PM
They are exactly the same, down to every spawn until the rappies. I made an extended list too to try to confirm more differences. For both blocks 1 and 2, same room, second sets of spawns, etc. Exactly the same.

But I can do something even better =)

If you want to save time on S rank killings. For block 1, ignore the 2 distovas you'd kill only for S rank result. And block 2... you can run past the Polties outside the cave, run past the Distovas in the cave, and right to the tree where the rappies might be.

We don't care about rank results, so don't have to fight everything =)

The first confirmed rappy spawn I had was similar, block 1 was the same, this one in question had block 1 the same... just 2 spawns before the rappies, you can run past the 2 spawns.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Meep on 2007-01-15 10:58 ]</font>

ZeroVer01
Jan 15, 2007, 02:12 PM
As a note, you can also run past the the 3 vahras that appear right after the gate in block one. They have no effect beyond rank.

And, for the person asking about the map problem, it is all a matter of luck. Meep confirmed that the spawns are the same, so when you get a map, it all depends on if the game decides to give you the one with 4 vahras, or the one with 4 rappies. It is all random luck.

As for people talking about odds, it is very hard to determine what the odds of a rare map appearing are. I personally find them consistently about once a week or so. But I know a few lvl 62's that have never seen a rare enemy, which is surprising since they played on Parum from lvl's 1-50.

Also, I am beginning runs now for the 3rd map set Meep. I will try to get first room block pictures.

If anyone has an idea on what the first room spawn should be, please tell me. It will make this a lot easier.

*Well, I can confirm the spawns on all three none rappy spawn maps, all the way through to the charger room. I will confirm totals later, and post the 3rd block enemies, since those are missing.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ZeroVer01 on 2007-01-15 11:40 ]</font>

Lord_Draco
Jan 15, 2007, 06:05 PM
Yes, it worked for me, spent the afternoon doing rappy runs and ran into them twice ^.^ thanks for the confirmation. Athough, no good drops except 3 rappy feathers.

Parn
Jan 15, 2007, 07:20 PM
Got rappies again today. Once again, they denied me the unit. Grrrrr!

onekokij
Jan 15, 2007, 09:18 PM
To anyone having trouble finding rappys I hereby present you my idiot proof guide to finding them.... Tired of trudging all the way through spawn map A only to find to find ollakas greeting you at the beginning of block 2 meaning you've just wasted 6 minutes of your time? Well then my friend using my patent pending B map speed runs you'll be seeing rappys than hookers in the red-light district. Not only does it spawn, count them four rappys, but from start to finisih takes 3 minutes. The key lies not in recognizing silly spawn patterns but in pure machine-like efficiency, so grab yourself a earth weapon and get ready.

At the start cancel out of the mission until you get the map with a ramp leading up to 2 poltys, running this is all about speed and getting to block 2 requires killing only 6 key holding enemies. Run up the ramp ignoring the first 2 poltys, the 3 that hold the key will spawn regardless of the first 2, Kill the 3 poltys grab the key, open the gate, ignore the 3 vahras that spawn, at the cave go right. At the next room once again ignore the first 3 vahra, kill the second set that spawns, grab the key, and your off to block 2. At block 2 ignore the polties that spawn and head towards the cave and make a left. If you're really anal about saving time as your running open up the party menu and be ready to abandon as soon as those ugly vahra's show their face. But if your lucky you'll see this:
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q261/onekokij/psu20070116_042549_000.jpg

In my experience the ramp/polty map shows up at a rate of 1/10 assuming 3 minutes per run and 20 seconds to cancel out the fail maps. If your really fast you can get about 100 maps per hour with 10 being polty maps, and 90 of them being duds. Using this method in 10 hours i've gotten 8 rappy maps, which imo makes running maps A or C complete garbage. With a little luck and dedication you should average out to about 3 rappys and hour.

SolomonGrundy
Jan 15, 2007, 09:26 PM
In my experience the ramp/polty map shows up at a rate of 1/10 assuming 3 minutes per run and 20 seconds to cancel out the fail maps. If your really fast you can get about 100 maps per hour with 10 being polty maps, and 90 of them being duds. Using this method in 10 hours i've gotten 8 rappy maps, which imo makes running maps A or C complete garbage. With a little luck and dedication you should average out to about 3 rappys and hour.

that seems inconvieable tiresome. At least when piping you could watch TV/not pay attention.

ZeroVer01
Jan 15, 2007, 09:27 PM
That's what I was doing for 9 hours. Except, I killed both sets of Vahra's at the end of block one. It is a great plan, and probably the quickest. I am searching for the last spawn pattern, and mapping it. It takes time, but I am doing it on purpose. The only thing that I don't agree with is the odd. 1/10 is very small. I still say it's more luck than anything, (not in game luck). You may just be lucky.

onekokij
Jan 15, 2007, 10:01 PM
By 1/10 i did't mean the actuall rappy map. I meant that the odds of getting the ramp map are about 1/10. As far as getting the spawn map B with rappys I'd sayer its closer to 1/100.

Meep
Jan 20, 2007, 02:42 AM
WIN~!!

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h43/zxcv-zxcv/WIN.jpg

Hope this encourages other people who given up. It IS possible!

Total S rank rappies killed: 16
Day Luck on obtain: 2

Today was the first time I tried since my last post, been pretty busy IRL.

This thread was rather slow to start, but glad it got the attention it did towards the end. Discussion and players helping players. =)

Good luck all~

Zorafim
Jan 20, 2007, 02:57 AM
Wow, 16 rappies to find this when I cannot even find one... This seems harder than rare hunting in PSO, with 10*+ rares. 8* or so were obtained in about an hour of hunting, it seems.

By the way, in the second rappy set, the end of the first block has two sets of Vahras in it. When I run past the first, there's no way I can kill the second in time to run away from the first. What I do is run so close to the door that the first disappear and the second don't. This limits the amount of fighting I have to do, allowing me to get each run finished in four minutes. However I do still sustain damage from these, and would like to limit this. Is it possible to get the first set to not follow you?

Meep
Jan 20, 2007, 04:26 AM
Not really, charging the door is what I do.

You can limit it by having npc's around. Chance they'll be targeted instead. Once the first group despawns at the door, you can fight the second fairly freely w/o them coming back unless you run back to their spawn point for some silly reason >.>

Only have to kill 3 polties and 2 normal vahras... one resta spamming vahra leader. If you use a stunning PA, he's pretty easy to kill. Personally use the new dagger skill, friend slaughters it with axe (I can't, I'm a fig).

Good luck to ya, I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Lman90245
Jan 20, 2007, 04:57 AM
I actually don't think it works with techs, I have one equiped on my techer, although it comes in quite handy with melee weapons can use the Photon arts FOREVER. I imagine it would be extreemly usefull for beasts etc..

I'm trying to trade one for a {sori / force} and i've added an extra 200K into the mix in the trade forum for anyone who is interested... (cough)

EDIT: i'm on xbox 360

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lman90245 on 2007-01-20 02:01 ]</font>

Meep
Jan 20, 2007, 05:11 AM
It doesn't effect spells... check out page 3 of this thread for info on the technic one (and the bullet one if you curious).

Lman90245
Jan 20, 2007, 05:17 AM
On 2007-01-20 02:11, Meep wrote:
It doesn't effect spells... check out page 3 of this thread for info on the technic one (and the bullet one if you curious).

Ah, thanks... someone get this thing off my force before I decide to create a beast >.<

Parn
Jan 20, 2007, 10:30 AM
20 rappies killed, I haven't seen a thing.

12 of them was on my last luck level 3 day. It's... a pain.

Dj_SkyEpic
Jan 21, 2007, 01:04 AM
I did the skinny map and found them. At first I was running and killed everything, but then I got tired and skipped alot of monsters.

Finally found some rappies in S rank but they only dropped meseta and Gra-Photon. Gotta keep grinding I suppose.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dj_SkyEpic on 2007-01-22 00:25 ]</font>

Meep
Jan 21, 2007, 02:55 AM
Thanks for trying to add to the info =)

This spawn was already documented, on page 1 of the thread, it's listed as Map Type A for block 1. Block 1 will start with 3 polties. You'll KNOW this is a winning spawn set if you see 2 polties at the start of block 2 (if you had polties in block 1, NOT KOLTOVAS).

Two rappies will spawn in the room you'd only go to make sure you get S rank in the mission.

My chart had a lot of extra fields because you don't know what's extra till you know what you need. Maybe someday I'll remake the chart to be more simplified... though we still are missing the 3rd spawn pattern.

Again, thanks for trying, good luck with your hunting~

Pikadrew
Jan 22, 2007, 03:14 AM
<sigh>..the hunt goes on for me. 15 times I've gotten the spawn pattern where 4 can pop out. Twice I've gotten the rappies. Still no love. But the second time I got rappies, all 4 dropped feathers. That was pretty cool. Just reviving this thread to thank you guys for the help in finding the spawn patterns. It's saved me a TON of time. Can't even imagine how insane I'd be if I didn't know them.

Dj_SkyEpic
Jan 22, 2007, 04:08 AM
Oh the third spawn? hmm... Here (http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ja&u=http://psu.fei-yen.jp/wiki/html/&sa=X&oi=translate&resnum=1&ct=result&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dhttp://psu.fei-yen.jp/wiki/html/%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:official%26hs%3DDkz%26sa%3DG)

It should read pretty similar to english translation... But for the 3rd spawn, or the spawn with the big opened plain, you need:
B1: 3 polties first spawn (Big wide opened area)
B2: 3 Vahras first spawn ( on the skinny road)
B3: 3 distovas (within the cave that is on your left) You have to hit the boxes for them to appear. You will have failed if 3 Koltovas appear instead... Or you can just skip them and run straight to the rappies/other monster that spawns there with fingers crossed XD.

Rappies should appear in B3.

Also, http://psupedia.info/index.php?title=Rare_Monsters
They just updated a few info from the spawns.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dj_SkyEpic on 2007-01-22 01:33 ]</font>