PDA

View Full Version : Funniest comment today about my shop...

Pakwan
Jan 13, 2007, 09:41 PM
First off, I am on PC.

I've been selling all elemental photons for 300 meseta each. Personally, I think that's a rip-off but I don't know how much they would go for on the 360, because I don't trust any price that people on the official forums post; many of the posters there are...not cool-headed or rational when posting anything about...well, anything.

Not surprisingly, my photons sold out within an hour.

I've also been selling 2* and 3* weps for 50% NPC price (i.e., 400 meseta for 2*, 1000 for 3*), and maybe adding 100 meseta on the price if there's a good percent on it (more than 25%). Not surprisingly, these sell out quickly as well, some for PM food, but some also for low-level characters. Yay for me.

Today, someone asked me while I was in the shop, "How can you manage?!?! I mean, don't you craft?" I guess the person was implying that I sold so many photons that I shouldn't have had any left for me. I laughed so hard I almost broke my wireless keyboard by dropping it onto the floor. I mean, I've had over 300 hours on my characters, and a lot of that is solo since I used to play past 2 AM PST on weeknights on Universes besides Universes 1, 2, 15, and 17. I had actually run out of space to put some of my photons, notably Megi- and Gra- since I did a lot of Linear Line and Sleeping Warriors runs to level up my PM's Battle Level.

But there has been at least one cool person today as well. After selling someone some photons at this price, he was so amazed that I was actually doing this that he gave me 5 A-rank twin daggers, with percents between 10% and 16%.

Oh, quick question for the 360 folks: What is the price for an elemental photon? 50? 100? 200? Not even 10? I'm probably ripping off people even at my "low" price, and I don't care if those people are going to turn around and re-sell my photons for a higher price. I don't care if that's duped meseta that I received. I wanted a shop, and I need money to raise a Tech PM on my alt. I'm just glad that some people out there actually said, "Thank you," instead, "God, what a n00b. What idiot sells Ray-photons for 300 meseta? Jogiri synthing en masse, here I come."

MayLee
Jan 13, 2007, 09:44 PM
I sell mine for 60 Maseta.

Pakwan
Jan 13, 2007, 09:48 PM
On 2007-01-13 18:44, MayLee wrote:

See? That's the beauty of it all. I wouldn't even pay that much, since elemental photons are so damn easy to get! It's like paying 20 meseta for a Dimate or something...I mean, why?!?!

More input, please, from the 360 players...and from the PC players, as well! Thanks!

BloodDragoon
Jan 13, 2007, 09:49 PM
Reminds me of my little experiment. I usually price everything fair and people visit and basically pick and choose what they need. Which of course results in alot of things that aren't high demand to stay in my shop a very long time. So one night I get the random idea to overprice my photons. Well sure enough they were all gone the next day along with every single item that had been in my shop including the things that were there for over a month. XD

Guessing someone looked and seen how broke I really was at the time... >.>

Zorafim
Jan 13, 2007, 09:51 PM
It should sell in the NPC shop for 250 meseta, meaning that the normal selling price is 125 meseta. Of course, since so many people want it, you can get away with 10k where either hackers or people with insane amounts of meseta thrive.

Magitek_X
Jan 13, 2007, 09:52 PM
People here on the PS2/PC version sell their for more than 2,000 meseta. I sell mine at 1000 but drop the price to 200 for people I know (or 100 for those who supply me with stuff). I received about 70 Gra photons in exchange for successfully synthing weapons to a friend so I can go back to synthing since I had run out what with synthing, selling and trading said photons. Now I'm gonna have to farm photons since I still need some elemental photons. Can't buy them cuz they're expensive here.

Sekani
Jan 13, 2007, 09:52 PM
Elemental photons? I can't give the damned things away. They've been sitting in my shop for over a week at 50 meseta. I'm probably gonna take them out.

EDIT: Elemental photons aren't available from NPCs, so I'd like to know where someone came up with that 250 number.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sekani on 2007-01-13 18:54 ]</font>

Reiichi
Jan 13, 2007, 09:53 PM
Where is your shop, and when do you stock. Need info http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Although photons are easy to get, you need large quantities to synth A weapons. And since there is a lot of money in the PC economy, people are synthing multiple A weapons at once. Only limiting factor are the elemental photons. Hence the prices we see today.

Elemental Photons NPC for 25, so go figure from there.

So, where and when are you stocking?

Magitek_X
Jan 13, 2007, 09:55 PM

AWWW!!!!1 WHY MUST YOU BE ON THE 360 VERSION!!1

Sorry, about that. Just venting....

On 2007-01-13 18:52, Sekani wrote:
Elemental photons? I can't give the damned things away. They've been sitting in my shop for over a week at 50 meseta. I'm probably gonna take them out.

akslsflasdfakjlfjsdahifsha'sadh

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Magitek_X on 2007-01-13 18:56 ]</font>

Sekani
Jan 13, 2007, 09:56 PM
On 2007-01-13 18:53, Reiichi wrote:
Where is your shop, and when do you stock. Need info http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

The little card in my sig is a dead giveaway that I'm on 360, just for future reference. And I manage my shop roughly every two days.

BloodDragoon
Jan 13, 2007, 09:56 PM
I think materials sell to NPC's at 1/20th the buying price. If so then provided an NPC actually sold elemental photons they'd be 500 meseta each.

Reiichi
Jan 13, 2007, 09:59 PM
Sorry that was meant for the OP http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Axel3792
Jan 13, 2007, 10:02 PM
Yeah before I closed shop, I sold regular, el, and im-photons for 20, and the elementals for about 150. Needless to say, they all sold out.

Pakwan
Jan 13, 2007, 10:10 PM
Ah, found the page on PSUpedia...

http://www.psupedia.info/index.php?title=Meseta

BloodDragoon was right; NPCs buy elemental photons at 5% of selling price, and that would make elemental photons...wait, I don't know, because I've never sold a photon before. If buyback price is 25 Meseta per photon, then that would be 500 each, which means my price is insane (from my POV) but somewhat fair (from a POV engendering fairness and profit). Mind you, I still think it's insane. To me, PSU is supposed to be a grind-fest. People pay a premium for their impatience. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

By the way, I won't have photons for a bit; I need to save that stock that I've got for my own sything. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif I'm trying to save up money for my Fortegunner and Force->Fortetecher, but I'm not so desperate for money that's I'd sell my photons for the disgusting prices that are rampant on other players' shops. To them, I say:

t(-_-)t

When I have photons, I'll post somewhere here, probably in the Trading forum or something. I don't like the idea of locking the shop, though, so you'd have to jump on it when I do. But it won't be for a while...thanks for the interest, though, guys. I'll keep everyone abreast of what's going on in my shop. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

PS: Sekani...50 meseta, and you can't get rid of them? That's because your potential buyers know that you spent almost no money for those photons, and that they can do the same. Again, I like your price, but I wouldn't do it, because I'd rather grind. I have too much time on my hands, I guess...http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Sekani
Jan 13, 2007, 10:27 PM
On 2007-01-13 19:10, Pakwan wrote:

PS: Sekani...50 meseta, and you can't get rid of them? That's because your potential buyers know that you spent almost no money for those photons, and that they can do the same. Again, I like your price, but I wouldn't do it, because I'd rather grind. I have too much time on my hands, I guess...http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Whatever, I thought it was because there's no demand for them. Without the influx of meseta you have on the PC servers, there aren't that many people that can afford to synth a bunch of A- and S-rank equipment.

PMB960
Jan 13, 2007, 10:33 PM
I am on PC and I sell photons for 50. They sell like crazy. People are always trying to give me money or weapons because I sell good items cheaply although I don't take them since I would rather earn my items.

Dumah
Jan 13, 2007, 10:58 PM
mine sit im my shop with a 40 price tag http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Edman
Jan 13, 2007, 11:04 PM
damn why do elementals go for so much on the pc?

I found a guy on the 360 selling about 150 of them at $20 each so I bought them all and sold them to the NPC for $25

WildArms2
Jan 13, 2007, 11:20 PM
believe it or not the PC/PS2 use to be like the above poster 20 meseta for photons 2 months ago, I use to buy then resell to the NPC too i was soo happy to make that 5 meseta profit on those bad boys

Gojin
Jan 13, 2007, 11:27 PM
on PC/PS2 I sell rays easily for 100k a piece and I got like 6 from linear line when I was lvling Damubarta, its still redicilous, but gotta hustle and make a livin some way.

BluCast20xx
Jan 14, 2007, 12:20 AM
holy crap they economy is insane on the PC/PS2 servers.

i never sell my element photons...i only sell whatever El-photons i get for 50 meseta...they dont stay in my shop for too long.

I do plan to sell high grinded weapons...i plan to stay on 3* equips till i get a good influx.

Pakwan
Jan 14, 2007, 12:25 AM
This is true. However, if there wasn't the influx of Meseta on the PC servers, then this thread would have never been made. People would actually be working hard for their synth mats and Meseta. Speaking of which...

I'm off to Neudaiz to level my Dark Rifle bullets!

VanHalen
Jan 14, 2007, 12:50 AM
this idiot i know sells elemental photons for 10K i think they are at least 100-200 meseta.

Spacepest
Jan 14, 2007, 03:46 AM
I really debated whether or not to post these pics up, but what the hell. These people spending meseta in shops for not so rare items is getting a bit out of hand.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v318/GoodyGumdrop/psupics/somemeseta1.jpg
Wow, not a very impressive number for some, but that was one day of sales at my shop. I hardly synth anything, I just sell photons and room decorations and whatever crap I pick up off the ground that I don't use. That particular day, I put up some photons and one expensive reform ticket up as a joke for a million meseta--AND SOMEONE BOUGHT IT. (IF you want to know what it was, it was a Christmas reform ticket. My trees might go next).

OMFGAWD.

And that's how I made my first million meseta, with my highest level character being 30 at the time.

Oh well, I don't know if the meseta was duped or not, but I've been doing my damnedest to get it out of the economy by purchasing items from the NPC shops.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v318/GoodyGumdrop/psupics/somemeseta2.jpg
Can you see where the meseta was spent? XD

And maybe someone will want to buy a Snowman in July.

VanHalen
Jan 14, 2007, 03:57 AM
which brings me to the question how much should i sell kubara wood for? on my alt
Mecha Shiranui 001 i sell it for 8000 meseta and i have 6. other stores are selling it for like 100K and 70K and yet i havent gotten any sales http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

MayLee
Jan 14, 2007, 04:02 AM
On 2007-01-13 18:55, Magitek_X wrote:

AWWW!!!!1 WHY MUST YOU BE ON THE 360 VERSION!!1

Sorry, about that. Just venting....

*Shrugs* Because I Had a 360 at the time, I suppose. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Mewn
Jan 14, 2007, 08:31 AM
The economy really is messed up on the PC/PS2 version. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

To make things worse, anyone selling their photons publicly at low prices is just asking for resellers to come and take you for a ride. You might get your 200 meseta per photon, but the resellers simply mark up and sell for profit. Sad really.

When I sell photons publicly, I do so at the current 'norm' prices, because if someone is going to make silly money off of the photons I found, may as well be me.

*shrug*

XCOPY
Jan 14, 2007, 09:52 AM
Elemental photons? I can't give the damned things away. They've been sitting in my shop for over a week at 50 meseta. I'm probably gonna take them out. Same here...it's frustrating. My guess is that they simply aren't in demand right now on 360, AND the average person realizes "hey, I could just FIND those things myself anywhere, even on C missions...why pay?" I've actually put some back in storage just to make space for things that do sell(weapons and armor, Scapes.)

Oh yeah...my prices are around 100 to 120 or so...I've dropped them well below 100, and they still just sit there, taking up space. It's like trying to sell CDi and N-Gages.

Vestaline is awesome though...you can get at least 4000+ for that every time.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: XCOPY on 2007-01-14 07:01 ]</font>

Zelendria_Ru
Jan 14, 2007, 10:14 AM
Offline elemental Photons are 500 in the NPC shop...that said, you can also purchase a Me/Quick for the low price of 8000 meseta.

Sega....WTF were you thinking?!? Please put the damn elements into the NPC shops and stop the insane overpricing of basic game items!

Oh wait, nevermind, they can't or won't stop the duping in the first place. >.>

I refuse to pay 30k for photons each...yes 30K people! For 1...this is more than the npc price of all other materials needed to make 6* weapons, not counting the board of course.

For all of you that are selling your photons for this high, you OBVIOUSLY don't care that I, as someone who makes their money almost exclusively on selling crafted weapons will be forced to pass on this cost to YOU!

200k for a 6* weapon with 10% to the element sound high? That's where the prices are going to go because of your greed.

Stop selling photons all together...instead, why don't you start saving those photons and start networking...next time you are looking for a weapon you should consider supplying the photons to the crafter instead of blowing up the economy because you are too lazy to make an honest living!

My weaponsmithing business has slowed to a crawl thanks to the overpricing of photons...I now have to spend hours in Linear Line farming photons just to make 3 or 4 weapons...and my supply of Gra-photons are getting low too...need to do some relics.

I have always priced my shop items low, ever since I first capped my 410 and started cranking out great hunter weapons...

Really, I'm trying to continue that trend...my weapon prices are based on the below guidelines...

4* 8000 unless % over 30%
5* 15000 unless % over 20%
6* 25000 for 10%
30000 11-19%
20% and higher is dependant on the element. about 100k for a 30%weapon, 400k for 40% and up
8* 180-220k with similar increases based on %'s.

It it's available on NPC, you'll NEVER SEE a price higher than that...elemental bonuses excluded, as would ground ranged and force gear.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zelendria_Ru on 2007-01-14 17:05 ]</font>

Reiichi
Jan 14, 2007, 03:59 PM
Photon resellers are the worse ; ; and whenever I shop for photons I see a few hopping between the shops just like me. Of course I know they are resellers since I've been to their shop and have seen their 40-80k photons =p

Correct on the passing of the price down to everyone else. I don't know what to price my ice weapons at now since ray photons are so pricey.

Spacepest
Jan 14, 2007, 06:18 PM
On 2007-01-14 12:59, Reiichi wrote:
Photon resellers are the worse ; ; and whenever I shop for photons I see a few hopping between the shops just like me. Of course I know they are resellers since I've been to their shop and have seen their 40-80k photons =p

Correct on the passing of the price down to everyone else. I don't know what to price my ice weapons at now since ray photons are so pricey.

Since I priced my photons so low originally, I saw alot of that. I'd see people come into my alt's shop, buy all my photons, then I would follow them back to their shop and see them relisted for ridiculous prices.

Never again. Since I saw that, I upped the prices for photons a bit (but still way less than 5K a piece http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif ) and will only list a few at at time, maybe in a bundle of 3 or 4 at a time. That way an actual crafter who has some need of the item has a chance of getting it for a reasonable price.

At this point in time, I ask anyone I know who needs an item crafted if they need photons for it or if they want to trade for something before I list them for sale.