PDA

View Full Version : Sooo the Infect SE is awesome, but...

medusae
Jan 14, 2007, 11:33 AM
still takes forever to level on a rifle.
You guys have any suggestions for a quicker way or place to level it?

Weakness
Jan 14, 2007, 12:11 PM
I took mine to 20 leveling solo doing De Ragan C runs... took me 3 or 4 hours.

_Deliverance_
Jan 14, 2007, 12:16 PM
Yup. Just equip it to a few rifles, and go solo De Ragan.

medusae
Jan 14, 2007, 12:33 PM
Sweet. thanks.

Niered
Jan 14, 2007, 01:02 PM
I still like mah burns more.

>.>
<.<

OWCH STOP THROWING ROCKS AT ME FOR MY OPINION!

Edman
Jan 14, 2007, 01:03 PM
I started a bunch of casts over and over for free 1* rifles (people charge 300+ for them even though they're worth 1) and emptied them all on A runs.

Its slow, but at least full charges for 6 of them is cheaper than 1 charge for half of a 7* rifle.

medusae
Jan 14, 2007, 01:04 PM
Eh. Cost isn't an issue for me and I like the crazy damage from my Assasin, but thanks for the opinion.

Zato-2TWO
Jan 14, 2007, 02:10 PM
Barada Megiga is pretty quick to level up on the Shotgun as long as all your shots hit. It's working like a charm for me, as long as I keep point-blanking people I can proc Virus a lot easier and save money on traps. =P

Niered
Jan 14, 2007, 02:21 PM
On 2007-01-14 11:10, Zato-2TWO wrote:
Barada Megiga is pretty quick to level up on the Shotgun as long as all your shots hit. It's working like a charm for me, as long as I keep point-blanking people I can proc Virus a lot easier and save money on traps. =P

b-but why?

This is JUST my opinion, im not trying to diss your method, im just going to say what I believe.

Fire>Dark for every weapon except rifles. Why? Infect is only better then burn if the enemy can stay alive long enough for infect to outdamage burn. That takes awhile usually, and if you use it on most enemies, theyll be dead LONG before infect wears off. Burn on the other hand is like a quickie in the bathroom between lunch breaks with your hot boss. Short and too the point...wait...mebbe that wasnt the best analogy...

basically, burn is best used against enemies that are gonna die fast anyways, since it puts out damage fast and for a short period of time. Infect is only really useful when used against enemies that can only be SE'd by lvl 4 SE, I.E. Mini-bosses and big mobs like bil de vears.

Even in that case though, I still will use burn over Infect, since it still outdamages it through speed and at lvl 30 on my rifle, i can just burn the thing again when it goes out.

Although I did cheat..and put dark on my handgun for the SE3 infect...

_Vyser_
Jan 14, 2007, 04:04 PM
dark bullets also have higher damage output, so that's another bonus

Ronzeru
Jan 14, 2007, 04:10 PM
Solo De Ragan A with it.

zanotam
Jan 14, 2007, 04:12 PM
wahtcha do is get 1* rifel and solo de ragan a with it. Atleast thats what Golden Falcon did for 3 hours. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Cav
Jan 14, 2007, 04:37 PM
On 2007-01-14 11:21, Niered wrote:

On 2007-01-14 11:10, Zato-2TWO wrote:

b-but why?

This is JUST my opinion, im not trying to diss your method, im just going to say what I believe.

Fire>Dark for every weapon except rifles. Why? Infect is only better then burn if the enemy can stay alive long enough for infect to outdamage burn. That takes awhile usually, and if you use it on most enemies, theyll be dead LONG before infect wears off. Burn on the other hand is like a quickie in the bathroom between lunch breaks with your hot boss. Short and too the point...wait...mebbe that wasnt the best analogy...

basically, burn is best used against enemies that are gonna die fast anyways, since it puts out damage fast and for a short period of time. Infect is only really useful when used against enemies that can only be SE'd by lvl 4 SE, I.E. Mini-bosses and big mobs like bil de vears.

Even in that case though, I still will use burn over Infect, since it still outdamages it through speed and at lvl 30 on my rifle, i can just burn the thing again when it goes out.

Although I did cheat..and put dark on my handgun for the SE3 infect...

Unless your mobs are dying in 3 seconds, no.

http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=131393&forum=20&4

Niered
Jan 14, 2007, 04:38 PM
On 2007-01-14 13:04, _Vyser_ wrote:

Are you sure? Im almost positive there both 5% damage every tick, its just the interval that differs.

Realmz
Jan 14, 2007, 04:54 PM
On 2007-01-14 13:38, Niered wrote:

On 2007-01-14 13:04, _Vyser_ wrote:

Are you sure? Im almost positive there both 5% damage every tick, its just the interval that differs.

it was my understanding that both did 5% every two seconds, the total time was different, (virus lasts longer) and virus can kill while burn can't

Siertes
Jan 14, 2007, 05:08 PM
Unfortunately infection only does damage every 5 seconds while burn does every 2-3 seconds.

Cav
Jan 14, 2007, 05:10 PM
Did no one bother to click the link in my post? Oh well... urge to kill... rising!

Siertes
Jan 14, 2007, 05:13 PM
If that's all it takes to increase your urge to kill, then I guess I better not piss you off!

Remedy
Jan 14, 2007, 05:14 PM
Virus: 5% per 4 seconds for 4*(SE Level + 4) seconds.
Burn: (SE + 1)% per 2 seconds for 10 seconds

Kronon
Jan 14, 2007, 07:50 PM
Apologies for being a bit off topic, but while I was levelling up bullets through De Ragan S, I noticed the Infection inflicted upon the Poltys eventually did 0 damage/tick and didn't kill them.

As in, it was normally 194/tick or something for a bit, then I saw it drop to 90ish, then 0 for a few ticks before wearing out. Then I just killed it in 1 shot. Same thing happened to a few other Poltys.

I didn't have time to test it out with other mobs to see if this would happen again. So I was wondering if only higher levels of Infection will kill a mob? I was using low level Dark bullets for rifle and twin handguns, so it was a lvl 2 status effect.

Carbinne
Jan 14, 2007, 08:05 PM
I don't really care about the whole 0 thing. If I see a burnt/infected mob pop a 0, I immediately take aim and polish that one off. Heck, if it died from infection it probably would give less exp!

I can see infection bullets working on shotguns/twins/crossbows especially in solo situations. Burn is awesome damage if you've got high level bullets, but you can't burn, say, robots. Infect works though, or so I hear!

panzer_unit
Jan 15, 2007, 10:39 AM
Yeah, I was leveling Dark arrows in Grove B last night. Infect works on robots. That area finally became playable for my Protranser.

Infect is mostly going to replace Burn for me. So many large mobs are Fire, and I'll be doing 30% more base damage... then pull out the proper elemental ammo for damage output while Infect ticks for a minute or longer. On Ice and Dark mobs (not uncommon) I'll still be hacking away with Burn since it's my best base DPS option on top of being a decent status.

_Vyser_
Jan 15, 2007, 11:09 AM
I never said infection had higher damage output, I said the bullets themselves have higher damage output.

Gen2000
Jan 15, 2007, 11:13 AM
Burn does more but you have to keep reapplying to compete with Infect.

Infect stays on for a long ass time (especially SE4), you can apply Infect to whoever then switch proper element high DPS weapon and it usually only takes one round of that to drop any enemy no matter what size quickly. With Burn on big mobs, I always found myself applying SE...using DPS weapon...reapplying...DPS weapon..and if not dead then maybe one more reapply before they fall.

Seems to even out imo with a slight edge for Infect for the lazy (me) since I found reapplying kind of annoying.

Also party-wise, anyone using Infect will overrwrite your Burn and from my understanding you can't overwrite Infect with anything so RAs/PTs may as well make the switch. Infect seems to be the new king now.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Gen2000 on 2007-01-15 08:14 ]</font>