PDA

View Full Version : Just finished Bruce's dungeon! =D

Esufer
Jan 14, 2007, 01:18 PM
I was told that the music was from PSO! >_> I didn't recognise it.

Anyway. I got a B-rank, Which I don't think is that bad considering it was just me and my friend, who was a level 11 force. It seems a pretty hard mission, but it's fun, and the rewards are well worth it.

What ranks have you guys got so far?

Seen a stupid amount of people hanging out on moatoob now, the PPT spaceport was like a ghost town this morning. It seems pretty hard to get a party with anyone you don't know though, people seem to want level 55+

which kinda blows.

Hoo-ha.

Genji
Jan 14, 2007, 01:28 PM
Yeah I've only been able to get A rank so far in Bruce's Dungeon C. Unless you can kill monsters extremely fast, you have no chance at getting S rank.

And yeah the song is either "Versus1 - Tricktrack" (from Battle Mode I believe) or "Tricktrack" which is the music that plays in the VR Spaceship area.

Esufer
Jan 14, 2007, 01:33 PM
It really didn't sound like it. I'm sure I've heard it in story mode or somewhere else in PSU though. Unless I'm on crack or something.

I can't wait to try Bruce's dungeon with a full party, I really can't. Hope they make more dungeons like this. Preferably one with an awesome boss at the end.

-Ryuki-
Jan 14, 2007, 01:34 PM
In a team of three (myself included), we were only able to manage about 16:30 leftover each time. Couldn't ever get 17 minutes. It was harsh.

Jozon
Jan 14, 2007, 01:42 PM
It's actually TrickTrack part 2

and if you recognize it, it's because it mixes in a bunch of different stages music and I think possibly some sonic stuff, someone probably has a list of what's in it.

Esufer
Jan 14, 2007, 01:48 PM
On 2007-01-14 10:34, RyukiZero wrote:
In a team of three (myself included), we were only able to manage about 16:30 leftover each time. Couldn't ever get 17 minutes. It was harsh.

We had 9 minutes left, because we kept going in the wrong teleporters. XD

Mewn
Jan 14, 2007, 01:50 PM
No, it's Versus1 -Tricktrack-.

Tricktrack -PART2- plays when you play VR Spaceship outside of Battle Mode, as the music when monsters are around. I have both tracks in my playlist, and the differences are pretty clear.

I heard 360 apparently doesn't get the music though, for some odd reason.

-Ryuki-
Jan 14, 2007, 01:51 PM
On 2007-01-14 10:48, Reigast wrote:

On 2007-01-14 10:34, RyukiZero wrote:

We had 9 minutes left, because we kept going in the wrong teleporters. XD

XD!

The last run I did with my trio, one of my members accidently kept on running and forgot to stand on the switch while rushing back to rendesvous with our teammate, near the end of the block 2.

Sychosis
Jan 14, 2007, 01:54 PM
On 2007-01-14 10:50, Mewn wrote:
No, it's Versus1 -Tricktrack-.

Tricktrack -PART2- plays when you play VR Spaceship outside of Battle Mode, as the music when monsters are around. I have both tracks in my playlist, and the differences are pretty clear.

I heard 360 apparently doesn't get the music though, for some odd reason.

Nope, no Tricktrack at all for us. I just play it off my harddrive.

Esufer
Jan 14, 2007, 01:54 PM
I am totally giving this mission another run later.

Apparently you can tell which one is the correct teleporter by what he says at the start or something?

Parn
Jan 14, 2007, 01:55 PM
I noticed when you first enter Bruce's Dungeon, the normal stage music starts off for a split second before switching to TrickTrack on the PC version. Perhaps the Xbox 360 version doesn't enjoy such a rapid switching of tracks? Who knows.

-Ryuki-
Jan 14, 2007, 01:57 PM
I'll do this clockwise. The teleporters are as follows:

-When he asks about which one is the correct one, or something like that, it's the one in the back.
-When he refers to a saber, it's the one to the right.
-When he says nothing, it's the one in the front (the first one closest to you).
-When he mentions a gun, it's the left one.

It's different each time, as you hadn't already noticed.

Esufer
Jan 14, 2007, 02:01 PM
On 2007-01-14 10:55, Parn wrote:
I noticed when you first enter Bruce's Dungeon, the normal stage music starts off for a split second before switching to TrickTrack on the PC version. Perhaps the Xbox 360 version doesn't enjoy such a rapid switching of tracks? Who knows.

Is the track on the disc? If not, there's a chance it could have been omitted from the update because not all 360 kids have hard drives.

Parn
Jan 14, 2007, 02:04 PM
It's on the disc for PS2 and PC, along with all kinds of other tracks like Burning Hearts from Burning Rangers, This is my Happiness from Space Channel 5 Part 2, and so on. I'm pretty sure it's on the Xbox 360 version as well.

Esufer
Jan 14, 2007, 02:05 PM
On 2007-01-14 11:04, Parn wrote:
It's on the disc for PS2 and PC, along with all kinds of other tracks like Burning Hearts from Burning Rangers, This is my Happiness from Space Channel 5 Part 2, and so on. I'm pretty sure it's on the Xbox 360 version as well.

Weird. Maybe they just screwed up on the patch or something? The Xbox should be fine with changing tracks et al, if it can handle players music libraries, and then switch out to play that annoying flying music.

Niered
Jan 14, 2007, 02:06 PM
Such a fun dungeon. Made me refall in love with this game.

It doesnt hurt that I party with some pretty awesome people though. We did Bruce B and beat it with 12 minutes to spare. 2 more minutes than what you need for an S. Did this...oh...5 times in the course of one nights play? Thats easy xp and $ if ive ever seen it.

-Ryuki-
Jan 14, 2007, 02:08 PM
On 2007-01-14 11:06, Niered wrote:
Such a fun dungeon. Made me refall in love with this game.

It doesnt hurt that I party with some pretty awesome people though. We did Bruce B and beat it with 12 minutes to spare. 2 more minutes than what you need for an S. Did this...oh...5 times in the course of one nights play? Thats easy xp and $ if ive ever seen it.

And you never joined my party T-T

Niered
Jan 14, 2007, 02:10 PM
SAWWY...

>.>
<.<

k im basically maya's bytch for that mission now...

Shaidar
Jan 14, 2007, 02:40 PM
Woha? I totally have to remember to turn on the in game music next time I do that mission.

Ryuen
Jan 14, 2007, 04:04 PM
I've seen that Bruce's Dungeon has been a mixed bag for many. I had a friend loathe it after she got killed twice in a row by Vil De Bears in succession. As for me, I think I got lucky and hooked up with my old crew from PSO BB. We owned that Dungeon! Except for that one time when Bruce got owned by the Bear's whirlwind, BUT it was all good. He's a good NPC netherless when you have either a force or ranger as the leader.

Dante1
Jan 14, 2007, 05:17 PM
So how much meseta and mp you get for S rank on B

JC10001
Jan 14, 2007, 06:02 PM
On 2007-01-14 14:17, Dante1 wrote:
So how much meseta and mp you get for S rank on B

7000 meseta and 70 mission points.

I just spent the past hour playing this dungeon. I got S rank every time (6 times total). I spent a few hours earlier today leveling dambarta because I theorized that it would pwn the crap out of the enemies in Bruce's dungeon. Boy does it ever!!

I was the only force there. I was doing crazy damage...easily out damaging the hunters and rangers there. The people I was playing with were like "OMGWTFBBQ" when I started doing around 2500-3000 total damage a second on a group of Vandas. Even I was surprised.

It was taking us about 12 minutes to clear it. I bet 5 fortetechers could rip the place to shreds and finish well under 10 minutes.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: JC10001 on 2007-01-14 15:19 ]</font>

ZeroVer01
Jan 14, 2007, 06:35 PM
Problem is, fortetechers are still weak to bil de vear hits. Chances of death is high with an entire group. Especially if someone forgets to run away.

Ronzeru
Jan 14, 2007, 06:39 PM
On 2007-01-14 11:04, Parn wrote:

WAIT?! WTF?! Is the Burning Ranger music really on the disk if you pop it into the pc?! Best Song EVA!!1!1

Who are they?
Where are they coming from?
Risking their own lives
Only one
Thing we know
They are always with us
Fighting for danger

They are Burning Rangers - Go!
They will never let you down
Hyper! Burning Rangers - Wow!
Don't you lose your hope now

They will wipe out raging fire without fear
And they'll light up our future
Don't worry just believe
They will be with you

Don't give up!
Don't say you wanna cry
Don't forget your smile
Coming in!
Hold on tight!
Power of our teamwork
Overcomes all

Yes we are Burning Rangers - Go!
They will never let you down
Max power! Burning Rangers - Wow!
Don't you lose your hope now

We must be the light of hope four the ones
Counting on us in the darkness
Don't worry just believe
We will be with you

JC10001
Jan 14, 2007, 06:41 PM
On 2007-01-14 15:35, ZeroVer01 wrote:
Problem is, fortetechers are still weak to bil de vear hits. Chances of death is high with an entire group. Especially if someone forgets to run away.

Dambarta makes Bil De Vears flinch and at level 21 you can do it from a relatively safe distance.

4 fortetechers spamming dambarta and one with resta at the ready = win.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: JC10001 on 2007-01-14 15:42 ]</font>