PDA

View Full Version : PSU-XBox 360: Accidental Item Dupe?

Ryogen
Jan 14, 2007, 02:42 PM
I was helping my pop's clear the share box and some of his stuff in his PM. As I was messing with some things, working really fast,someone sent a message, I hit the (X) button then the dashboard froze on me. I turned off my 360, logged in and my dad was looking at his money when I was looking through his inventory.

He asked me if I took out some money from his PM. I didn't. He had somewhere around 80k yet became an 2x richer somehow. I don't know the precedure how it happend as there could have been a link of reasons towards this...or it could just be an accident?

I thought I'd tell you guys. It was pretty wierd. Note that I did more things than what I listed. I don't really know any precedure so I'm just not going to worry about it.

Esufer
Jan 14, 2007, 02:44 PM
Heresy. Heresy I say.

I've not seen this happen. I know the Xbox guide/dashboard hates the game though, mine frequently crashes when I use it during loading screens, so it probably has something to do with that.

Ryogen
Jan 14, 2007, 02:47 PM
Yeah. I try to stop going in the dashboard at wrong times such as loading and things. Sometimes the dashboard would hit a problem and sticky there while the game is still going. It really sucks that you have to boot it up again, sign in, PSU sign in, then go back to the party. A 4 minute waste of time http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Esufer
Jan 14, 2007, 02:51 PM
Is it possible that it duped by the server reading you going into the dashboard and then logging off, so it saved the item twice? I don't know too much about when PSU saves it's data, but the only thing I can think of was that it updated it when you put it in the common box, and then again when you turned off your console while in the crashed dashboard.

MayLee
Jan 14, 2007, 02:57 PM
You should report this.

Sometimes my dashboard acts a bit strange too and I try not to open it during gameplay.

10ofDiamonds
Jan 14, 2007, 02:58 PM
It's werid yes, but the important thing is that it was random. I loved PSO, but the online econamy was EFFED UP. I hear PSU's isn't the greatest either but regardless, I doubt it can match PSUs.

Esufer
Jan 14, 2007, 02:59 PM
On 2007-01-14 11:58, 10ofDiamonds wrote:
It's werid yes, but the important thing is that it was random. I loved PSO, but the online econamy was EFFED UP. I hear PSU's isn't the greatest either but regardless, I doubt it can match PSUs.

PSU can't match PSU? O_o

Ryogen
Jan 14, 2007, 03:03 PM
On 2007-01-14 11:57, MayLee wrote:
You should report this.

Sometimes my dashboard acts a bit strange too and I try not to open it during gameplay.

I guess I'll report it. Trying to explain it is a whole nother story though.

MayLee
Jan 14, 2007, 03:11 PM
Yeah, I'm not sure but think I might have duplicated another Hajirod board without knowing. I haven't really been dedicated to synthing for a while so I don't know if I happened to find a lot doing Groove of Fantatics over and over and not noticed.

I'm trying to get rid of the board and see if it goes away but I have no Neu Ash to synth it for my theory.

Jonty
Jan 14, 2007, 03:56 PM
Groove of fanatics?!
I can see it now... ^_^

natewifi
Jan 14, 2007, 04:34 PM
what is a dashboard? (plz dont kill me!)

A2K
Jan 14, 2007, 04:47 PM
On Xbox 360, pressing the Xbox Guide button your controller will open up the, ah, er, Xbox Guide, thingy. You can send messages over Xbox Live, check friends status', that sort of thing.

MayLee
Jan 14, 2007, 04:56 PM
On 2007-01-14 13:47, A2K wrote:
On Xbox 360, pressing the Xbox Guide button your controller will open up the, ah, er, Xbox Guide, thingy. You can send messages over Xbox Live, check friends status', that sort of thing.

AkA: Dashboard. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

A2K
Jan 14, 2007, 05:02 PM
Well... technically the Xbox Dashboard is just the "main menu" of the console that loads when there's no disc in. See how there's an option to actually load the dash from the guide by hitting the Y button? Ugly semantics and word... nonsense, is all. Kinda like how people kept referring to the whole of Gal Da Val as "Central Control Area" back in the day.

Sychosis
Jan 14, 2007, 05:02 PM
The guide is what pops up after hitting the guide button. The dashboard is the place where you see the main blades, can play movies from, etc.

Ryogen
Jan 15, 2007, 12:43 AM
Well I know all of that lol.

Thrash777
Jan 15, 2007, 01:03 AM
hmm... either way, it doesn't sound like it's something that can be predicted and exploited, it revolves around the chance of your Guide Menu screwing up... which is unpredictable it itself!

imfanboy
Jan 15, 2007, 01:22 AM
Weapon dupes have happened to me on PS2 - but it's due to lag on the My Room server, not something controllable, and the moment you try to have the 2 weapons in the same inventory one of them disappears.

KRKcl17
Jan 15, 2007, 02:02 AM
Hmmm, that's no good. I hope this is resolved soon. :/