PDA

View Full Version : 360 or PC version?

Circ
Jan 14, 2007, 03:49 PM
Hi

I was wondering if anyone could help us out with on which platform to choose. To start off I'll list of what I have (just incase there are any questions asking what I have)

I have a very good PC (I'll be able to run this game with no problems)
I have a Xbox 360 with a gold membership
I have a keyboard for my Xbox 360
I don't have a pad for my PC (nor a wired 360 pad that I could use)

I know the 360 version costs more to buy (£25 where the PC version is £15) but the cost of the game doesn't matter to me. I'm more concerned about which version is worth getting. Which version do you reckon I should get and WHY?

While I'm here I'll ask a question. Say I had both versions, could I have one account and log in in either version with the same username and password?

EDIT: Oh and I forgot to mention, I've played the beta of the 360 version and yes I did enjoy it.

Help much appreciated

Thanks!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Circ on 2007-01-14 12:50 ]</font>

Sychosis
Jan 14, 2007, 03:59 PM
This question is always a very sensitive matter, mainly because both sides have fanboys that will start screaming at each other about how their version is better.

Fanboy BS aside, from a pure enjoyment perspective. In my opinion, you should get the 360 version. There are more poeple online with it over the PC/PS2 version at any given time. Additionally the hacking on the PC/PS2 version is becoming pretty nasty as of late. On the 360 hacking, is virtually non-exstant.

"Sychosis is a fanboy" response in...

Circ
Jan 14, 2007, 04:15 PM
Thanks for you input Sychosis. I hope there will be no fanboy trash talking on here, everyone is entitled to their opinion on which version they prefer and let's start saying people's opinion's are wrong.

Sychosis are you sure there are more people on the 360 version? I've heard it was quite dead, but of course I haven't played the full game and what other people have said could be completely wrong.

Does the game come with a month free trial?

Thanks again

Jae
Jan 14, 2007, 04:17 PM
Get the 360 version.

Cheaters run rampant on the PC/PS2 version and Sega could give a rat's ass about the US servers. It ranges from meseta fabrication, taking over your chat abilities, board duping, messing with your room, etc.

Due to the cheating, the economy is crap on PC/PS2. The cost of simple synth mats can be well up into the millions.

Before any PC/PS2 defenders show up, I myself am on the PC.

/edit

Relatively speaking, both versions are dead. US PSU has a very small playerbase compared to something like WoW or even Guild Wars. But I've heard that XB360 usually fills up more universe stars than PC/PS2 so take that for what you will.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jae on 2007-01-14 13:23 ]</font>

MayLee
Jan 14, 2007, 04:19 PM
Dead? Nah, I sometimes have to go to Universe 4 because 1-3 are usually full.

But it just depends on YOU if you want to get which platform. Don't take anyone's opinions because we have different say in things.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MayLee on 2007-01-14 13:19 ]</font>

Circ
Jan 14, 2007, 04:21 PM
MayLee of course I know it's down to me, but there's no harm is asking for a second opinion.

Sekani
Jan 14, 2007, 04:35 PM
Naturally I think the 360 version is better; but for the hell of it PC has some advantages too, like the ability to take screenshots, no voice chat issues, and no random disconnects from some "interrupt request" glitch that Sega was supposed to have fixed months ago but never did.

And although 360 does have more concurrent players, PC is the more popular platform among prominent members of this website.

Sychosis
Jan 14, 2007, 04:35 PM
Wait a second. I posted something pro-360 and a PC user agreed with me...and didn't call me a 360 elitist? By the Nine Divines! You sure can tell where the official forums end and intelligence begins...

Esufer
Jan 14, 2007, 04:45 PM
Free Six Tee!

ShinMaruku
Jan 14, 2007, 04:48 PM
PC but don't mind me I won't fret much on the cheaters because it's do unto others as you would have them do unto you. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ShinMaruku on 2007-01-14 13:52 ]</font>

Saiffy
Jan 14, 2007, 04:55 PM
If you have friends on one version, then it'd be smart to pick that one.

If you don't, then flip a coin or something.

MayLee
Jan 14, 2007, 04:55 PM
On 2007-01-14 13:21, Circ wrote:
MayLee of course I know it's down to me, but there's no harm is asking for a second opinion.

Naturally. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Well I say 360, although there are some things Sega has not fixed on the 360, yet I think it's nice to get it on the 360. You have your two ways of communication, and other things.

Solo_Wing
Jan 14, 2007, 05:14 PM
i find psu on pc totally unplayable without a pad, so if u dont plan on investing in one your best bet would prolly be 360.

But like others have said go where friends are.

on the other hand there are framerate issues with large groups on the consoles.

zanotam
Jan 14, 2007, 05:15 PM
wait...the 360 version has more players. *starts thinking about buying for his 360*

Oh and i find the game intensely easy to play without a pad and actualy IMO its easier once you adjust to not using a game pad.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: zanotam on 2007-01-14 14:15 ]</font>

Circ
Jan 14, 2007, 05:43 PM
Thanks for the your input guys/girls.

Something you might of missed me asking. But I was wondering if the 360 version came with a month free trial like most MMO's do?

Thanks!

Sychosis
Jan 14, 2007, 05:44 PM
It comes with 2 weeks free...after you pay for the 1st month. Not exactly free. The Demo is supposed to be usable once again starting early February.

-Shimarisu-
Jan 14, 2007, 05:57 PM
Hello my friend, I'm what you call a fanboy in that I will advocate the 360 at any given opportunity. But I played on PC/PS2 for months. And I wasted an absolute fucking fortune on it.

I levelled two characters, one to 54, one to 47. The hacking just got too bad and people were leaving in droves. I BOUGHT a 360 to get away from it. SEriously there's twice as many playing, the community is MOSTLY great, the gameplay is much better because everybody is not running around with optimal equips (people on PC are rich as croesus due to hacked in-game currency which by player shops, most have innocently received in huge amounts.) This makes the game on PC far too easy and people have seriously ridiculous stuff. Also some are incredibly elitist with it, and will boot you for not playing with all maxed equipment.

I seriously, sincerely regret the huge amount of time I played on PC. I do miss my friends I left on there a very great deal but I do wish we coiuld have been on 360 from the getgo.

Saying that though 360 does have pretty bad slowdown at times. I really can't stand it personally, coming from PC. But you might not notice it as badly, NOT coming from PC.

Anyway, don't buy PC, is my conclusion.

Nuclearranger
Jan 14, 2007, 09:22 PM
Hacking isnt nearly as bad as alot of you are saying allthough it is here there are many ways to avoid it and if you have a nice PC you will be smooth sailing at 60 Frames per second with draw distances that are amaseing. All though if hacking is a huge deal to you then go 360. I play PC its just better for me. Windowed mode is allways nice. There arnt any real game glitches and sega patches PCs stuff alittle more. *notes GH450 and Tricktrack

Subestimado
Jan 14, 2007, 10:10 PM
Get it for 360, while I cant link to hackers websites, the last new trick in the ps2/PC servers is 12 stars S ranks not yet release in Japan...

and yes I do acknowledge there is S ranks right now, but im talking about unrelease ones...

-Shimarisu-
Jan 14, 2007, 10:57 PM
On 2007-01-14 18:23, Nukei wrote:
If you have friends on the 360, go with the 360, if on the PC buy the PC ^-^!

BTW Sychosis: You don't really seem like a fanboy. Shisamaru does though.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nukei on 2007-01-14 18:25 ]</font>

LOL I'm a fanboy because I advocate the system that's the best for PSU.

Seriously come on, I can't even fucking stand microsoft. That thing in my sig well, there used to be two games on it. There are a lot more now because I bought a harddrive and my husband downloaded a fuckton of junk.

The 360 IS the best, and you won't hear any different from me, of COURSE I think it's the best or I would not have abandoned 2 months of game time, 2 characters capable of S areas, TWO PC/PS2 accounts (one on 6 month dealie) loads of friends on PC/PS2 (only actually left because one of em came with me.)
I wouldn't have abandoned a $700 PC with a $200 graphics card that I ONLY BOUGHT FOR PSU.

In fact want to know the honest truth? If my best friend in the world spoke a lick of Japanese, I'd be back on PSU JP, and wouldn't have "wasted" all this money. Because for me, US PS2/PC is fucked all to hell and back. I suffered years of crap from hackers on PSO, I tried to ignore it but it still really, really bothered me. And now finally with the option of a much more secure platform? You bet your ass I took it. PSU JP is also pretty damn secure but I like my friend more than I like a cheaper option.

And I love online gaming, so if anything else I'm interested in came out on 360 I'd love a secure platform to play that on too. I was gonna play FFXI til I found out they linked the servers to PC for the 360 ver, hell no I'm not taking that on.

omegapirate2k
Jan 14, 2007, 10:59 PM
On 2007-01-14 13:35, Sychosis wrote:
Wait a second. I posted something pro-360 and a PC user agreed with me...and didn't call me a 360 elitist? By the Nine Divines! You sure can tell where the official forums end and intelligence begins...

XD @ your Elder scrolls reference.

-Shimarisu-
Jan 14, 2007, 11:06 PM
Nobody on 360 telling an as yet undecided player who can afford either to get the 360 version is elitist.

Anybody on PC telling an as yet undecided player who can afford either to get the PC version IS elitist, because elitism is the only bloody reason to favour that version.

Unless you know, you actually LIKE the ability to hack PSU.

And I don't crow in joy when hackers find a new way of ruining PSU for PC. I'm absolutely fucking devestated by it, because they are wrecking revenue for my favourite game, and also because they are little shits who should never have been born. Let's all grow huge e-penises from the ability to destroy the happiness of thousands of people! Nasty little cocks.

Ryno
Jan 14, 2007, 11:10 PM
The thing i like about the 360 is that you get to play it on a HDTV with Stereo.. and relax on the couch with you wireless headset and controller.. and you can either hear them out of the speakers or into your headset.

and you can plaY psu WIRELESS! with the 360 wireless conection only cost $99. thats what i'm using right now.

so right now i'm playing PSU wireless.

Circ
Jan 15, 2007, 07:39 AM
Again, thank you very much for your input guys and girls. There's been some interesting opinions that have really helped my decision on which platform to buy this game for. I've decided that I'll be getting the 360 version as hacking seems non exsistent and the population seems larger. Though I won't be picking it up quite yet as 1. I don't have the money to buy the game and a months sub & 2. World of Warcraft the Burning Crusade is out tomorrow (of which has already been delivered and is right next to me) and I'll be getting into World of Warcraft again first. I should be picking it up in a week or two so if you're a 360 gamer and play PSU, please feel free (would be appreciated) to add my gamertag: CircUK and I hope to hook up with you sometime soon!

Oh and while I remember, can European (UK specifically) players play with USA players?

Thanks and take care http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Maridia
Jan 15, 2007, 07:59 AM
Shim, I think that's a little unfair. Maybe the hacking is a bit rampant in the PC version, but it only effects some in a negative manner.

And besides.. I was thinking of getting a 360 but.. Wow. They're still a lot more expensive than I expected. I'm trying to save to move out, so blowing 450 on a 360 is crazy for me. Not to mention I wouldn't want to leave my PS2 character behind.

But I do see all your points, and may have to agree that the 360 might be for the best if you have the option. It's too bad everyone seems to have such a low opinion of PS2/PC. There's still a lot of people on it who like to just play and have fun, and it sucks that our version gets such a bad rep because people have too much time on their hands and HAVE to hack shit.

PJ
Jan 15, 2007, 08:07 AM
On 2007-01-14 12:59, Sychosis wrote:
Additionally the hacking on the PC/PS2 version is becoming pretty nasty as of late.

On 2007-01-14 14:57, -Shimarisu- wrote:
The hacking just got too bad and people were leaving in droves.

Is it just me, or is hacking, really not rampant/nasty/"Too bad"/RAMPAGING FUCKING CRAZY. Oh wait, I know it's not me, cause I'm on the servers.

Because both versions are the God damn same, PC wins for the ability to take snapshots.

jizaboz
Jan 15, 2007, 11:03 AM
I don't really find hacking to be bad at all on the PC servers. NOTHING like the gameshark kiddie days on the Dreamcast servers. I guess if you already had a 360 then sure why not... but I myself already had a PC and find it quite silly to pay for a console setup that costs about as much as building my PC did.

Thrash777
Jan 15, 2007, 11:17 AM
I class this topic as thin ice and egg shells!

...but yeah, reasons have been said already. IMO, if you have a 360, it's safer to go with that version, due to the economy issue...

Lai
Jan 15, 2007, 12:31 PM
I don't know if you've decided yet, but I would strongly recommend against PC. Compared to PS2/360, there are a rediculous number of bugs that are yet to be fixed. Your chances of actually getting to play the game are much better on 360.

Yes, it should come with some free trial time, but not a month. You get like 2 weeks free with your subscription. You get 30 days free if you buy 180 days at one time, but it definitely isn't a trial (unfortunately)

jizaboz
Jan 15, 2007, 12:39 PM
our chances of actually getting to play the game are much better on 360.

That's BS. Install. Create account. Login with it. You are playing.

Itchee
Jan 15, 2007, 12:41 PM
You get 15 days free when you purchase your hunters license....

ljkkjlcm9
Jan 15, 2007, 01:08 PM
Uh, simply if you have all three platforms, get a 360 I suppose. I assume that means you have it connected the the internet, because even if I had one, it would not be connected to the internet where I am. However, I play PC on my laptop. I can go to class in a large class that holds about 500 students, sit near the back, and play PSU on a wireless connection, with little to no slow down. Hacking doesn't bother me at all, because I've played games such as Gunz, where the entire game is killing eachother, with much worse hacking (Godmode, wall hacks, no dieing in pits, jumping really high, ultra fast melee attacks, super speed, basically they were superman and more). Meseta duping is nothing compared to that, and unless you think having good equipment ruins the game, then I really don't see why it should bother you.

Some people like Shim, play to try and get the "best" equipment... apparently, I play to have fun, even if I have the best equipment. In fact the past few days, all I've done is signed on every 12 hours to see if any 9* weapons worked. And until I get one of every weapon I want, I prolly won't play as much, just because I want more weapons to spam PAs, and they might as well be 9* if I'm getting new weapons.

THE JACKEL