PDA

View Full Version : Force: Force Advice?

Gothica
Jan 14, 2007, 05:44 PM
For starters, I'd like to mention that I plan on being a Guntech. I've already leveled Ranger up to level 5 and just switched to force. I'm not entirely sure what weapons/spells and armor to use for Force. Let alone how to play one. Can anyone give me any pointers? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Sychosis
Jan 14, 2007, 06:03 PM
For weapons, get some wands, they will carry over to guntecher and aren't bad for a force at all.

Spells: Resta, reverser, buffs, debuffs, and diga for those bugs (if you plan on doing any stage with bugs and don't want to do any sort of "piping" for a no bug variant)

Armor...the best you can get? Aside from that, an ageha senba has been with me since the I was a wee force.

It would probably work best if you tagged (via debuffs or with a handgun), buffed, and healed. Unless you really plan on using some of tha damage techs I'd avoid them.

zanotam
Jan 14, 2007, 06:17 PM
alright yes Wands are good but IMO until you go GT use Rods and also DO NOT GO WT NO MATTER WHAT YOU DO OR I WILL GO FIND YOU AND TEAR YOUR HEART OUT!

Oh and Ageha-senba rocks and as GT i'd get debuffs as well.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: zanotam on 2007-01-14 15:19 ]</font>

Gothica
Jan 14, 2007, 07:10 PM
I'll probably use a few Damage Techs but probably stick to Resta, Reversa and some buffs. <3

BoxerMcBoxe
Jan 14, 2007, 07:14 PM
Gi techs would probally be your best bet too, as long as you can aford it... Gidiga seems to awesome enough.

MayLee
Jan 14, 2007, 07:17 PM
What is so bad with being a WT?

BoxerMcBoxe
Jan 14, 2007, 07:18 PM
My human is being a wartecher so he can be all awesome with twin claws and bows.

Gothica
Jan 14, 2007, 08:00 PM
I plan on being a Guntecher. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif Tonight I'm gonna try my hand at being a Force. Lets just hope I don't kill my boyfriend...*snickers*

Ronzeru
Jan 14, 2007, 08:01 PM
Don't cure people. Only loser forces cure people.

Gothica
Jan 14, 2007, 08:05 PM
Sarcasm duly noted.

zanotam
Jan 14, 2007, 08:08 PM
WT IS SUCK. they're lvl 10 stats are about as good as that of a LVL 1 fighgunner if you translate them. its also pretty sucky because at lvl 30ish i was stuck with 4* dual daggers and 8* wands which is pretty messed up since they're aparently supposed to be a melee class....!@#$ YOU ST!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: zanotam on 2007-01-14 17:08 ]</font>

Gothica
Jan 14, 2007, 08:09 PM
/comfort

I was considering WT for a while, reminded me of the Paladin Class for FFXI. But I enjoyed playing with guns so I decided to be a Guntecher.

Kupi
Jan 14, 2007, 10:14 PM
On 2007-01-14 17:08, zanotam wrote:
WT IS SUCK. they're lvl 10 stats are about as good as that of a LVL 1 fighgunner if you translate them. its also pretty sucky because at lvl 30ish i was stuck with 4* dual daggers and 8* wands which is pretty messed up since they're aparently supposed to be a melee class....!@#$ YOU ST!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: zanotam on 2007-01-14 17:08 ]</font>

"Supposed to be a melee class" my foot! It takes three levels of Hunter and five levels of Force to get a Wartecher, and the Wartecher is the second best casting expert type in the game. (I'll grant that that's out of three, but still.) Furthermore, the most powerful thing that a Force of any kind can do is heal and buff its teammates, and the Wartecher can do both of those serviceably. Don't think of a Wartecher as a crappy Hunter with the ability to cast weak attack spells; think of a Wartecher as a Force that uses meleeing instead of attack techs when it's done supporting. In that view, they're very good-- especially considering the fact that Fortetechers fold up like cheap origami under almost any kind of attack.

If you're a Force aiming for Guntecher, I'll have to echo what's already been said and say to focus primarily on support techs, with maybe Diga if you really need an attack spell (and it's probably prudent to have one just in case). As a Guntecher, you're going to be attacking with guns; the level 10 Technic cap and a TP modifier nearly at the same level as meleers guarantees that your tech damage won't compare to your gun damage against anything but those monsters that take half damage from ranged weapons. Use Bows for your offense as a Force; you'll appreciate the head-start on their Bullet levels when you make it to Guntecher.

And that, I think, is all I have to say about that.