PDA

View Full Version : Beasts make the best rangers

Ronzeru
Jan 14, 2007, 07:08 PM
It's true. Beasts make the best rangers because they already have the HIIIIIGHEST attack powa, and because that job class gives them more accuracy, that makes them auto l337, and everyone else made of orz <-(Fail).

Also they can go BEASTOUT and get super strong for a while, which owns EVERYTHING, hence why they are also still the best rangers.

That is all.

Ether
Jan 14, 2007, 07:10 PM
The attack power between cast and beast is very small, essentially non existant because most of a rangers atp comes from their rifle

Only with shotguns and machineguns might you notice a difference in their damage, and those are both extremely low accuracy weapons, cast still wins

Troll topic

Ronzeru
Jan 14, 2007, 07:13 PM
Wasn't that a troll answer, saying "Cast wins" instead of saying "It doesn't matter, as long as you enjoy the game." >.> ?

-Shimarisu-
Jan 14, 2007, 07:18 PM
Cast wins anyway. While base ATA can be compensated for considerably, it still effects what good weapons you can equip earlier. It's possible to grind up lower rank weapons to make them as good as a high rank, but that's really something I'd want to cope with for my SECONDARY job as a hybrid class. Grinding high is a pain in the arse. You forget ATP can also be compensated for, and cast has lots of that. Saying that though yeah, I'm sure a beast fortegunner can handle themselves fine and would not be completely gimp. I still wouldn't go that way though.

Nani-chan
Jan 14, 2007, 07:19 PM
*waits for some eletist to come in and argue that a cast would both have higher ata and def for a earlier phantomline phantom rifle combo*

Jozon
Jan 14, 2007, 07:20 PM
It's the same with a beast fortefighter, we can equip axes and melee weapons earlier, and we even get stat bonuses.

Beast optimal class=ForteFighter

Cast optimal class=ForteGunner

there's no 2ways about it

Ronzeru
Jan 14, 2007, 07:26 PM
Humans are supposed to be the Optimal hybrid classes too, but that doesn't stop the veiws of Beast and Casts exceling in them. Perfect example. Fighgunner Casts.

Shiro_Ryuu
Jan 14, 2007, 07:29 PM
man, I'm already sick of this whole this race is the best at this type, and that race is the best at that type. Nobody in this game sux, period, although I did hear alot about those Beast Fortetechers.

Ronzeru
Jan 14, 2007, 07:30 PM
What about Cast Forteechers, and Newmen fortefighters

Gojin
Jan 14, 2007, 07:37 PM
I seen a newman fortefighter she had some kind of unit that boosted her ATP by like 100 and alowered her Ata by like 50 and since newmans already have decent ATA it w orks but not everyone can afford that unit I guess

Thrash777
Jan 14, 2007, 07:39 PM
On 2007-01-14 16:10, Ether wrote:
The attack power between cast and beast is very small, essentially non existant because most of a rangers atp comes from their rifle

Only with shotguns and machineguns might you notice a difference in their damage, and those are both extremely low accuracy weapons, cast still wins

I beg to differ actually...

In my experience, my Lv39 M Beast Fortefighter (using a saber type) does MUCH more damage than my brothers Lv52 M Cast Fortegunner (using a rifle type)...

BloodDragoon
Jan 14, 2007, 07:43 PM
On 2007-01-14 16:39, Thrash777 wrote:

In my experience, my Lv39 M Beast Fortefighter (using a saber type) does MUCH more damage than my brothers Lv52 M Cast Fortegunner (using a rifle type)...

Problems here with this analysis.

1. These are different expert classes.
2. They are also different weapon types.

Do a comparison with a LV39 Cast Fortefigher using a saber. Or have your brother parse with a 52 Beast Fortegunner using a rifle.

Thrash777
Jan 14, 2007, 07:47 PM
On 2007-01-14 16:43, BloodDragoon wrote:

Do a comparison with a LV39 Cast Fortefigher using a saber. Or have your brother parse with a 52 Beast Fortegunner using a rifle.

My point was Beasts have the option to do far greater damage with classes and weapons than casts...

Ronzeru
Jan 14, 2007, 07:47 PM

Parse? Play any other MMORPGs much....?

Sekani
Jan 14, 2007, 07:48 PM
Fortetecher + SUV weapon = win

BloodDragoon
Jan 14, 2007, 07:51 PM
On 2007-01-14 16:47, Thrash777 wrote:

My point was Beasts have the option to do far greater damage with classes and weapons than casts...

Not really. A Cast Fortefighter will be able to keep up with you in damage output. I know mine does damage comparable to beasts at 56. The difference isnt that big.

Shadow_Wing
Jan 14, 2007, 07:54 PM
ForteFighter vs ForteGunner comparison... of course the ForteFighter will win by a lot, a lvl 1 fF has 10 atp short of a lvl 10 fG >>;

But as stated, the dmg difference between a cast vs a Beast would be minimal. As a cast I deal 550dmg/hit with the right element, which I am using 95% of the time, but givin the fact that a CAST has overly huge amounts of ata the cast will win due to hit ratios. Cause even though I am a Male cast I do miss about 2% of my hits and a beast miss % would be much more than mine.

Ronzeru
Jan 14, 2007, 07:54 PM
But still you acknowledge the fact that there IS a difference. And rather the varrying differnce is that substantial or not, the fact remains that the gap in that damage output exists.

It doesn't mean you're keeping up. It means you're falling behind, but "just by a lil bit."

BloodDragoon
Jan 14, 2007, 07:58 PM
On 2007-01-14 16:54, Ronzeru wrote:
But still you acknowledge the fact that there IS a difference. And rather the varrying differnce is that substantial or not, the fact remains that the gap in that damage output exists.

It doesn't mean you're keeping up. It means you're falling behind, but "just by a lil bit."

Actually as he worded it the beast is falling behind by a little bit.

550 dmg @ 98% accuracy > 580 dmg @ 80% accuracy...

<.<

Shadow_Wing
Jan 14, 2007, 08:00 PM
I didn't say such a thing infact, I said that yes there is a dmg difference but since a beast has considerably lower ata, they would miss more than a male cast, thus equaling their dmg output anyways, if not the cast winning.

Cause what I've noticed not until u hit the 420+ ata do you hit almost 100% of the time on S rank mobs. A beast, having about half of the ata of a cast, more or less, they would miss much greater than that of a cast, and thus their dmg output isn't as uber as one can see it.

Ninja Edit: it's more like 550 vs 555 >>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shadow_Wing on 2007-01-14 17:01 ]</font>

Ronzeru
Jan 14, 2007, 08:00 PM
On 2007-01-14 16:58, BloodDragoon wrote:

<.<

If it were that simple, Drgs would be the strongest class in FFXI because of their higher Acc?

Heh, it works out nice on paper... but you and I both know it ain't quiet that simple in reality. Acc is more random than damage output, so you can't really say anything sure about it.

BloodDragoon
Jan 14, 2007, 08:08 PM
On 2007-01-14 17:00, Ronzeru wrote:

On 2007-01-14 16:58, BloodDragoon wrote:

<.<

If it were that simple, Drgs would be the strongest class in FFXI because of their higher Acc?

Heh, it works out nice on paper... but you and I both know it ain't quiet that simple in reality. Acc is more random than damage output, so you can't really say anything sure about it.

The FFXI analogy doesn't translate well because in FFXI theres an abundance of equipment that boosts accuracy. DRG Acc bonus adds around 10 acc. Dark Knights can pile on 50+ accuracy in equipment. Most of which the DRG doesn't have access to. PSU doesn't have equipment like this.

At the same time DRG's in FFXI do have a nice damage output. The issue is theres too many gimp ones that make the job look bad... >.>

Ronzeru
Jan 14, 2007, 08:09 PM
Aww, you make me wanna hug you BloodDragon.

/em hugs BloodDragon and pets him.

Edman
Jan 14, 2007, 10:41 PM
Yeah, not to mention the fact that Casts get stat boosts at level up for being fortegunners and beasts don't.

Obviously getting less in the long run is better.

omegapirate2k
Jan 14, 2007, 10:43 PM
It doesn't matter, as long as you enjoy the game.

juno-6
Jan 14, 2007, 10:53 PM
high HP, high ATP, high DFP + ATA bonus from ranger jobs + +ATA units = cool.

Esufer
Jan 14, 2007, 11:26 PM
On 2007-01-14 16:08, Ronzeru wrote:
It's true. Beasts make the best rangers because they already have the HIIIIIGHEST attack powa, and because that job class gives them more accuracy, that makes them auto l337, and everyone else made of orz <-(Fail).

Also they can go BEASTOUT and get super strong for a while, which owns EVERYTHING, hence why they are also still the best rangers.

That is all.

lol

That is all.

Niered
Jan 14, 2007, 11:41 PM
Okay, first off, i dont care what you play as, even a FOcast, their are no class/race combos that are "bad" like they are in another MMO. That doesnt mean that the classes arent different, it means that depending on ones play style, you can fit the style of the race/class easily, unlike in other mmo's where when you play as the big wherewolf-esque character you are stuck being a tank. end of the line.

That said, my character is a Newm Fortegunner, and I find him quite adequate and like it alot more than a cast. Why? well lets see the reasons:

1. Im so far away from the enemies most of the time, that the only attacks that really have a chance of hitting me are ranged ones, and since half the ranged attacks in this game are magic, and I have a nice END and MST stat, unlike my Cast brethren, i take considerably less damage from them.

2. Ranger types have low def, so equipping higher lvl armor is r elatively out of the question for quite awhile, so we make up for it in EVP. Geuss what stat I have more of then casts?

3. 3rdly, my ATA is very much comparable to a CAST, and the small difference there is is uneeded, since im still hitting things 9.5/10 times.

Also, your entire mantra that beasts are best rangers because they outdamage is still so flawed its not funny. Beasts would make better rangers because they can take more hits and....thats about all i can think of at the moment. If you want damage output your in the wrong place, because you see, we were never made for that, we were made for SE, so HOORAY! You can do 100 more damage then me per hit, meaning you do 300 damage. OH WAIT i just burned the S rank mob, meaning i now do so much more damage a tick that your puny 100+, its obsolete...hrm thats not good for your equation! Mebbe you should go back to being a hunter if you wanna do damage...

P.S. Im not dissing beast rangers, or any other class for that matter, im simply stating that the OP is not listing valid reasons a beast ranger would be a good class. Like i said, i dont feel that any class/race combination is necessarily bad, i just feel that its asier to use ones that work with there stats already in place.

Alisha
Jan 14, 2007, 11:57 PM
shut up about units. units are NOT added to photon art percentages. wich eventually makes base atp/tp > atp/tp from units. at least in terms of photon arts. but since pa accuracy percenatges are mostly negative ata units are pretty hax. so i think if a cast hunter isnt using an ata unit and a beast is the beast could actually have more pa ata than the cast depending on how low the ata percentage is.

DRO
Jan 15, 2007, 01:14 AM
cAST gUNTECHER ftw!!!

wHAT FTW MEAN BTW?

VanHalen
Jan 15, 2007, 01:21 AM
On 2007-01-14 16:30, Ronzeru wrote:
What about Cast Forteechers, and Newmen fortefighters

im almost a newman fortefighter

and i partied with a CAST fortetecher and actually she was pretty damn good and she used all techs

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VanHalen on 2007-01-14 22:24 ]</font>