PDA

View Full Version : Question mainly goint to importers but...Future Quests in th

AlphaMinotaux
Jan 14, 2007, 10:56 PM
Are there any other missions in the style of Bruce's Dungeon? This is the first mission that actually has me like wow... This is what i expected when i was waiting for PSU.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AlphaMinotaux on 2007-01-14 20:18 ]</font>

Gikupenkyu
Jan 14, 2007, 11:34 PM
Not sure, i hope so. I love Bruce's Dungeon ive done it over 20 times and im not even slightly bored of it. Its fun trying to get S. If they make more like this more people will play PSU

Emrald
Jan 14, 2007, 11:37 PM
I like Bruces Dungeon...It's like PSO's challenge mode...but awsome....I do hope there are other missions like it

Umberger
Jan 14, 2007, 11:48 PM
If I remember correctly...there's an Agata Onma that's a party mission (some sort of Onma party mission on Neudaiz) and another one on Moatoob (is it Dimma or the Magas Maggahna that you face?).

Itsuki
Jan 14, 2007, 11:49 PM
Umm... I don't know if bruce's dungeon really had the best effect on the japanese. I mean, it really brought out the worst in them. And I know theres atleast a few japanese that quit in result to it.

But... with that said, they did release more untimed party missions that are a lot more like... PSO. Theres one on Neudaiz (Onma) and one on Moatoob (Deima). They require a party to really get the most out of, but when it comes down to it, they're just really really solid all around missions. As I said, they're untimed, and don't really involve any riddles or coordination like Bruce's. They just have floor buttons that require certain numbers of people to get through. Kinda like Caves on PSO.

I imagine they do have more like Bruce's to come though. Just don't expect it very soon.

EDIT: Most of the jp players used to refer to Agata Onma as "The best mission ever". It was a REALLY easy s-rank mission, that you can basically spank like it was nothing and it gives 5100 / 55. Also the drops are also pretty crazy.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Itsuki-chan on 2007-01-14 20:54 ]</font>

MomoHana
Jan 15, 2007, 04:45 AM
So Agata Onma became the new Ragan for them?

Solo_Wing
Jan 15, 2007, 07:22 AM
I was wondering the same thing, i noticed on bruces dungeon it says training mission 0 or somin like that, maybe down the line bruce will release new ones, 1 ,2 ,3 etc
We can hope.

Itsuki
Jan 15, 2007, 08:42 AM
On 2007-01-15 01:45, MomoHana wrote:
So Agata Onma became the new Ragan for them?

Actually, it became the new Agata Relics. Because Agata Relics had already replaced De Ragan.

It kinda went De Ragan -> Agata Relics -> Agata Onma. Its kinda bad now, since Agata Relics and Agata Onma are right across the outpost from eachother.

But to give you an idea of how many people started doing Agata Onma, supposedly the average price of a Mei/Quick was about 1.5mil before it was added. A week after it was added it was down to about 400k. Probably even lower now. But I mean, come on, a 40+ S-rank thats easier and faster than mizuraki, doesn't have worms, and has twice as good of drops and twice the reward? People were all over that.

Ether
Jan 15, 2007, 08:49 AM
On 2007-01-15 05:42, Itsuki-chan wrote:
doesn't have worms

*joygasm*

Best mission ever indeed

Weakness
Jan 15, 2007, 09:00 AM
On 2007-01-14 20:49, Itsuki-chan wrote:
Umm... I don't know if bruce's dungeon really had the best effect on the japanese. I mean, it really brought out the worst in them. And I know theres atleast a few japanese that quit in result to it.

Curious as to what you mean by this.

DraginHikari
Jan 15, 2007, 10:05 AM
Missions like that tend to bring out elitism and seperation from less skilled players.

panzer_unit
Jan 15, 2007, 10:25 AM
On 2007-01-14 20:49, Itsuki-chan wrote:

After last night I can see why. Everyone doing their best and failing for it, I can tolerate... bitching and drama STARTING IN ROOM 2? I'm ditching the party ASAP.

Itsuki
Jan 15, 2007, 12:11 PM
ya, basically what dragin and panzer are saying. It brings out the bad side of people. And sometimes its just frustrating. You can be doing everything right, and sometimes fail 2 or 3 times in a row. Not to mention it forces you to confrom to a certain structure and certain set of strategies that some people just don't want to conform to. And this creates another bit of seperation.

If you have a player that just isn't up to par. Even if you don't want to kick them, you're going to start being less inclined to party with them because it causes you to lose more often.

Or say you have a player that uses the wrong skillset. Doing too much knockback in B or too little in A or just not doing it right. If they're too stubborn to change, then eventually its going to grate at people. And its going to cause arguements.

I mean, theres many other examples, I'm just giving the two that really come out in my mind. The point is, if too many people start playing bruce's and the other missions lose their shine so to speak, then it creates a very big divide among the players that can and the players that are being left out.

zanotam
Jan 15, 2007, 12:49 PM
so um anyone up to trying to figure out why the japanese like ageta relics so much?

zandra117
Jan 15, 2007, 01:06 PM
On 2007-01-15 09:49, zanotam wrote:
so um anyone up to trying to figure out why the japanese like ageta relics so much?

Awesome exp and rewards on US and JP server plus it has S difficulty on their server.

US players dont play it because they are lazy and don't like going through 2 missions to get there.

Same reason why you dont see anyone playing the new Grove of Fanatics S on US servers.

Everyone is either in De Ragan, Bruces Dungeon, or Misuraki S.

Itsuki
Jan 15, 2007, 01:32 PM
On 2007-01-15 10:06, zandra117 wrote:

On 2007-01-15 09:49, zanotam wrote:

Awesome exp and rewards on US and JP server plus it has S difficulty on their server.

US players dont play it because they are lazy and don't like going through 2 missions to get there.

Same reason why you dont see anyone playing the new Grove of Fanatics S on US servers.

Everyone is either in De Ragan, Bruces Dungeon, or Misuraki S.

Agata Relics S was one of the first S-ranks the jp got. For an average party random party setup, Agata Relics S is the best area for EXP from like level 45 to about level 70. The exception is if you're in a very niche party. Like a killer shot party would probably do better in a place like train. Or a party full of forces would do better in Hakura. The drops there are also quite good. Theres 8 star claws, 8 star wands, it was the only place to get goldania for a long long time. We didn't get any Moatoob S-ranks till a few updates later, and Relics S didn't come till even longer after that. Hell, it was atleast a month till we had De Ragan and Onma S. And by that time, Agata Relics had its firm place as the place for EXP.