PDA

View Full Version : Mega/rainbow or Mega/wall?

Zorafim
Jan 15, 2007, 03:29 AM
Normally, I don't really care about elemental %, since it can be as much of a boon as a curse if unprepared. But I never get a clear answer on rainbow. If I have ice armor, will it actually make fire attacks more damaging to me? How will thunder attacks effect me?

For any boost that rainbow gives, is wall more worthwhile?

GoldenFalcon
Jan 15, 2007, 03:32 AM
Rainbow increases the armor's element by 8%, but it is an invisible change.
Fire attacks would do more, but ice would do less of course.
I say only use a mega/rainbow if your armor is like 44% or above.

Zorafim
Jan 15, 2007, 03:44 AM
I have a store bought Sori-senba. I'm more looking towards the mega/wall if that is the case, since fire enemies show up where ice enemies do (seriously, what on earth?).

Golto
Jan 15, 2007, 11:51 AM
14 dfp will decrease melee damage by 2-3 points?

BoxerMcBoxe
Jan 15, 2007, 11:56 AM
Doesnt mega wall also raise evasion 14?

Reiichi
Jan 15, 2007, 12:12 PM
On one hand the most damaging things in MD S are barta from the mages.
On the other hand, the most annoying things in MD S are back kicks from ollakas and worm spin attacks, and jellen lols.

Well odds are you'll get knocked down anyways from the latter. If you're a force type go for the extra EVP with a mega/wall if you are unwilling to armor swap. The dfp increase will only reduce damage by a few points, but evp is more important. If you are melee then the extra EVP is kind of annoying.

Best scenario is of course to armor swap. Now that force types are buffing with defbaride or whatever it is that gives +dfp and debuffing with -atk, having good enough fire armor COULD actually make you IMMUNE to jellen. And THAT is probably the most valuable thing of all http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Seeing my fortefighter take 0's sometimes from jellen attacks brings tears of joy to my eyes.

Rainbow will do nothing in regards to thunder attacks if your armor is not thunder or earth.

Witchblade56
Jan 15, 2007, 12:37 PM
Ok during bruce's dungeon C i tanked lots of Vahras on my force. I was wearing an A rank nafri senba with Gi / Magic, Mega Rainbow and mega night. The non champion vahra were hitting me for 0 dmg with their fire breath and 0 dmg for melee hits. Take into consideration as well that my deband/retier is level 16.

The Vahra champion was hitting me with melee hits for between 8-10 dmg. The fire breath did between 12-15 dmg and I did not receive burn status. We then went to agata relics B and i wore my +28% light nafri again with gi / magic, Mega / rainbow and mega knight. Fromt he gohmon i got dinged for between 10-12 dmg per grantz and 7-9 on melee hits. The tengohg did 0 dmg both melee and pa attack. The mobs that charge around like sendillians [i forget ther proper name sorry] did 0 dmg as well.

Kinda funny as a few weeks back i was almost certain that melee dmg was un-affected by a mobs given base element. I found out for sure lastnight that i was not as well informed as i thought i was http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

I think megarainbow with the right armor and mst boost [if your a force] does a great deal to reduce the amount of dmg done to you.

Just my 0.02

zanotam
Jan 15, 2007, 12:39 PM
a good mst boost helps anyone actually

Witchblade56
Jan 15, 2007, 01:07 PM
Ya definitely true Zano http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif