PDA

View Full Version : newbie hunter questions

soolayah
Jan 15, 2007, 11:07 AM
so, i just started a hunter alt, and i was wondering if all the new pas are actually better than the old ones, or just a whole lot more cool looking? are they worth 18x the money?

i'm also curious as to what your weapons of choice are, and if you have any advice on which ones i should invest in? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

SabZero
Jan 15, 2007, 01:01 PM
They are basically a different style of fighting. For example, tornado break for the sword is made so it hits enemies all around you, but the new one, spinning break, concentrates on hitting one enemy (although it hist multiples when they are close together)...

Watch the video that has all of them one after another. There's a therad asking about it with a link in this forum.

Reiichi
Jan 15, 2007, 01:33 PM
A lot of the weapons switch from AoE to single target and vice versa. Single target as in maybe you'll hit 2 if they are really close together and if the PA allows for it.

If you are short on cash it's probably not worth it to try out the new ones yet as the original ones are pretty good for the most part (a few exceptions).

I think the only must have weapon for a hunter is the spear, and dus daggas is excellent for large creatures or bosses. Dus robado is an AoE attack but a massive PP sink. Both are quite excellent.

For a cheaper AoE attack pick up the 1k twin dagger PA. Hits 2 monsters x 3 hits. And the second part hits 3 monsters x 2 hits.

Robado is okay crowd control as it pushes back in it's 1 hit, 2 hit, 2 hit combo, but for a real crowd control PA the twin saber PA rising crush for 1k is the best there is. Knocks large monsters over, flips monsters into the air, stuns worms, etc.

And since you should always carry a pistol it would be a good idea to have a 1h weapon to go with it. Claw, dagger, saber, it's up to you. For crowd control and flinching rising strike is good on the saber. Gravity strike I don't have leveled up so can't help you there, but it feels like a single/double target multihit PA for damage. The 1k dagger PA is good for tagging or landing a lot of hits along with knockdown and knockback. The new dagger PA is more of a knockup and knockback 1-2 monster deal and I'm not very fond of it. Claws I don't use much, so can't help you there.