PDA

View Full Version : Technic skill up parties for S/D/Z/R

Witchblade56
Jan 15, 2007, 03:41 PM
Had some fun and hung out with fellow forces/fortetechers/guntechers/wartechers skilling up buffing techniques and we stumbled across something by accident this weekend.

At first we thought that after getting S/D/Z/R to level 11 it didnt matter how many people you had in party it leveled up the same.

Guardianknuckles pointed out that this was not true and that in fact while skilling up solo it takes 7 casts of a given buff to get it up 1% at or after level 11. In a full group of 6 skilling up it only takes an average of 2 casts per 1% skill up.

Then lastnight after some regular farming/leveling we did another room where only three of us were skilling up and it took a total of 4 casts to go up 1%.

Anyways thought I'd share this info with people. And if anyone wants to set up another skill up session lemme know; you can PM me here Ill be home at 5pm pst to check again.

BoxerMcBoxe
Jan 15, 2007, 03:47 PM
I believe it has to do with the amount of people its hitting, Though Im really too lazy to go through the technical math to figure out what percent to get per cast.

JAFO22000
Jan 15, 2007, 03:50 PM
So, how much time/money does it take to do this??? It seems like a waste and like it's not fun.

ChocoboChad
Jan 15, 2007, 03:56 PM
Yeah, you get a certain amount of EXP for every person you buff.

Reiichi
Jan 15, 2007, 04:09 PM
I remember in some games it's considered gimp if a caster doesn't have required spells, or sufficient levels in them. It'd be everyone else pressuring the mage to improve their spell set or skill levels and the mages complaining blahblahblah no buffs for you.

I never hear people complaining about lv 1 shifta, and it seems most people who can use buffs have them. Also, it seems like it's always the mages who are trying to level up their spells to be the best they can be. We melee thank you, but probably the less oftenyou have to rebuff the better it is for you too.

Pick up 6 yohmei wands 1* or 2* for faster spell spamming and cheaper recharges.

Jae
Jan 15, 2007, 04:27 PM
On 2007-01-15 12:50, JAFO22000 wrote:
So, how much time/money does it take to do this??? It seems like a waste and like it's not fun.

Not fun? Definitely not fun, but can be tolerable depending on how friendly and full your cube hugging group is.

Waste? I think it was worth it. I'd never want to do it again though. Ever.

As for the money, it's not terribly expensive. I think I took all of my buffs from 11-21 with just over 50k maybe? I couldn't comment on the time since I went afk periodically and even left the house for a few hours. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Witchblade56
Jan 15, 2007, 04:46 PM
Meh I personally want the best results in things like bruce's. Having level 16 on every buff definitely helped not having to recast. It also helped with the speed in which our melee took down the mobs.

If getting the best results for my random pick up parties and the runs i do with friends on Bruce's means spending some monies/time leveling up my spells then you bet I'm going to do it.

It's too bad im only a force atm. I have two more job levels before i can switch to fortetecher [and get the discount on my pp >.>]

JAFO22000
Jan 15, 2007, 05:10 PM
I'm lucky enough to have a group that doesn't stress things like that. I told them I'd join a "buff party" if they wanted me to. They basically told me to STFU and to just get the levels over time.

Jey
Jan 15, 2007, 05:11 PM
FYI you need 15780 "hits" to level any given buff/debuff to 21, a "hit" being one person. So you get 1 "hit" for just casting on yourself, 6 if you get a full party.

In comparison, Barta/Zonde need 31840 -___________________-

_tsunami
Jan 16, 2007, 04:30 AM
well basically leveling it up to lv 21 is considered maxed?? since there are no further improvments on from lv 21? unless each level does have some difference i don't know

PaladinRPG
Jan 16, 2007, 04:40 AM
On 2007-01-16 01:30, _tsunami wrote:
well basically leveling it up to lv 21 is considered maxed?? since there are no further improvments on from lv 21? unless each level does have some difference i don't know

Buff spells don't have a percentage TP multiplier on effects like damage or heals do. Thus, getting them to 21 for the 20% boost effect/4 min duration is all that's needed. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Remedy
Jan 16, 2007, 04:43 AM
Paladin is right. Levels 2-10, 12-20, and 22-30 are, in effect, useless, and are very large stop-gaps between what is essentially Level 1 (1), Level 2 (11), and Level 3 (21) of each buff. *shrug*

I dunno, I think if each level gained, say, 6 seconds more duration and .5% more effect, then it would actually be neat - and that would mean that Fortechers who took the initiative and leveled them to 30 would have a nicer buff to boast about - 24.5% effect and 4:54 duration. Theoretically, they could double the bonus for the 29->30 level, making Buff 30 a 25% effect with a 5 minute duration, which would be an ample reward for leveling a buff to 30.

PaladinRPG
Jan 16, 2007, 04:53 AM
On 2007-01-16 01:43, Remedy wrote:
I dunno, I think if each level gained, say, 6 seconds more duration and .5% more effect, then it would actually be neat - and that would mean that Fortechers who took the initiative and leveled them to 30 would have a nicer buff to boast about - 24.5% effect and 4:54 duration. Theoretically, they could double the bonus for the 29->30 level, making Buff 30 a 25% effect with a 5 minute duration, which would be an ample reward for leveling a buff to 30.
I never understood why it didn't work this way. PSO did it, right?

_tsunami
Jan 16, 2007, 05:17 AM
sega got lazy.. lol they might of just as well just set 3 levels only for the buffs

Merumeru
Jan 16, 2007, 05:29 AM
XD ah u insane techers, welp, guess its something to do while chatting up a storm, ill appreciate whatever bonuses all this spell spamming offers, im sure

ViciousXUSMC
Jan 16, 2007, 05:42 AM
made one of these parties the other day because I am in need of catching up to the people that play more and in 30min not 1 person joined... so i gave up. No other games like it going on eather.

Kelevra
Jan 16, 2007, 11:22 AM
I remember in some games it's considered gimp if a caster doesn't have required spells, or sufficient levels in them. It'd be everyone else pressuring the mage to improve their spell set or skill levels and the mages complaining blahblahblah no buffs for you.

This is due to the fact that people are douche bags. We dont all have nothing better to do than sit in a room and rep cast a bunch of buffs. Note: I am not a tech by any means, but i would never whine at one for not having lvl 30 buffs, thats just being stupid.

Witchblade56
Jan 16, 2007, 11:34 AM
I dont know, I want the best for my parties. That's the whole motivation behind it for me.

Viscious you have two npcs you can invite to pt to up the number to three. That's what i did lastnight, i did fall asleep tho ><

Jae
Jan 16, 2007, 12:31 PM
On 2007-01-16 02:42, ViciousXUSMC wrote:
made one of these parties the other day because I am in need of catching up to the people that play more and in 30min not 1 person joined... so i gave up. No other games like it going on eather.

Did you try doing this at the Mad Creatures recharge cube? Every time I pass through Holtes, I see at least one or two full buff parties. Also try it on a weekend if you can, when people really have nothing better to do.

Witchblade56
Jan 16, 2007, 12:33 PM
I do it at VoC personally.

Getting to the pp cube in parum can sometimes take an extra block since there are four. VoC is just two, although i may snoop around parum and see if anyone is skilling there >.>

Jae
Jan 16, 2007, 01:05 PM
That's the problem. VoC has hands down the best recharge cube in the currently unlocked game. Only thing is, people are still infatuated with Parnoob. So if you want to attract people, and believe me a 6 person party is worlds better than just you and NPCs, then start your buff party where the masses are.

I guess I might as well spill a little secret for those on PC. All of the PC users in the wildly successful buff party I was in over the weekend were told to get JoyToKey (http://www.electracode.com/4/joy2key/JoyToKey%20English%20Version.htm). Seriously get it and love it. Buff spam has never been easier. I personally watched TV the entire time skilling all of my buffs up from 11-21.

/edit fixed URL

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jae on 2007-01-16 10:08 ]</font>

Rashiid
Jan 16, 2007, 01:09 PM
myne are past 11, so im satisfyed, they'll just lvl legitly over time.....

Witchblade56
Jan 16, 2007, 01:52 PM
So youre saying that PP cube skill ups arent legit? Explain to me how its cheating?

All im doing is button mashing and spending meseta while doing it. It -BENEFITS- others and doesnt ruin any game mechanics/economy.

Seriously I'd like to know how this would be considered illegitimate. The JP did and still do it. Does that make them all Illegitimate players to? Because i have to say i borrowed the idea from them as it -IS- a good one.

Im used to doing skillups from FFXI and this is no different. Granted this is PSU and NOT FFXI.

JAFO22000
Jan 16, 2007, 01:59 PM
Wow, defensive there!

I don't think he was saying that you are "cheating" per se, just that he perfers to level them up "naturally" (I think that's a better word) as opposed to buff parties.

Witchblade56
Jan 16, 2007, 02:22 PM
Well there is this whole legit vs non-legit mentality that periodically seems to surface in the forums.

I'd hate to see this discussion end up in the toilet due to someone un-intentionally [maybe?] making this a thread about legit vs non-legit.

I hardly think this is defensive. I want clarification lol http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

JAFO22000
Jan 16, 2007, 03:21 PM
Heh, no problem! I understand. Buff parties aren't considered unlegit.

Kelevra
Jan 16, 2007, 04:53 PM
Parnoob

Clever..... :/ I like parum because theres no worms. I hate worms..

Ronzeru
Jan 16, 2007, 05:07 PM
lmao skillup parties? What is this, FFXI? In anycase if you wanna "skill up" best place to do it to be honest is Bruce's Dungeon. Put the spamming of your PP moves to use.