PDA

View Full Version : Guntecher weapons questions..

Gothica
Jan 15, 2007, 04:37 PM
After countless De Ragen C speed runs I finally got Force to lvl 3. Now I'm a full fledge Guntecher. I'm not really sure what kind of twin guns I should get. I don't want to end up just grabbing random guns. I have 2 Twin Handguns, 1 Ryo-Ortotore and 1 Ryo-Louktore and two forcy type staffs. I'm level 22 if that helps. I'd like to know what guns to get for higher levels too. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif Thanks.

panzer_unit
Jan 15, 2007, 04:41 PM
Get Tenora guns for the awesome looks and stats.
If you need something with more PP, get more Tenora guns.

Gothica
Jan 15, 2007, 04:43 PM
Yea I was about to mention I want guns that have A LOT of PP. I burn through the shorter ones pretty fast. =

Blanky
Jan 15, 2007, 04:55 PM
I'd say Yohmei or GRM are fine choices for twins, just maybe not Tenora, its power doesn't make up for it's low PP if you ask me.

You should also start leveling up Twin Plasma and Grav, if you already haven't, those SE become so much more useful in the higher ranked missions than Burn and Freeze IMO. Shocking the hard-hitters and silencing the casters Also pick up a bow, and level the Dark bullet for that. Virus is an amazing SE, it lasts longer than Burn and does the same damage, and it levels amazingly fast.

Gothica
Jan 15, 2007, 04:59 PM
I have Twin Ice, Twin Fire which are both at level 15. And I just recently bought Twin Rising which right now I think is at 7 or 8. I'll pick up Twin Plasma and Grav tonight, but I'll probably need more guns to stick them too. I know I can easily switch the PA's on the guns but if I'm in the middle of a huge mob, that'd take a bit longer then just switching guns. <.<;

Don't ask why I'd be in a middle of a huge mob. --; It happens a lot when I'm duoing with my honey. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Gothica on 2007-01-15 14:00 ]</font>

Sgt_Shligger
Jan 15, 2007, 05:02 PM
Guntecher, eh?

You'll want to grab a rifle and some backup rifles. Dual pistols. . . Great weapons. At least TWO of your palette slots should contain a wand/gun combo.

I roll with: Rifle - Dualies - Dagger/Card - Wand/Card - Wand/Xbow - Wand/Xbow

The weapons you'll want to level up first would be rifle (fire, dark, or earth) and then Xbows/Cards.

panzer_unit
Jan 15, 2007, 05:03 PM
On 2007-01-15 13:55, Blanky wrote:
I'd say Yohmei or GRM are fine choices for twins, just maybe not Tenora, its power doesn't make up for it's low PP if you ask me.

You can get more PP by carrying more Tenora guns. You can't get more ATP/ATA by carrying more GRM or Yohmei. Also you end up with a nice stockpile of guns to smash on the grind desk trying to get a really good one when you start upgrading to the next rank.

Good advice on skills. If you solo much Light and Dark are essential statuses for almost all firearms now.

Gothica
Jan 15, 2007, 05:06 PM
It's either I'm duoing, or I pop on Uni 2 and start a few speed runs. The only times I solo is when I have someone following me just in case they need to scrape my dead lifeless body off the ground. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

zanotam
Jan 15, 2007, 05:11 PM
for early guns yohmei for a ranks GRM

-Shimarisu-
Jan 15, 2007, 05:12 PM
On 2007-01-15 13:43, Gothica wrote:
Yea I was about to mention I want guns that have A LOT of PP. I burn through the shorter ones pretty fast. =

I really, REALLY do not understand this, I have a set of 3 Arb Regas, as well as 4 rifles, 2 grinded Alterics, one 8* crossbow (ARGH NEED MORE), 4 5* Tenora wands, I palette switch and never run out of PP in a run of 4 or more players, and in my solo/duo runs have to go back once or twice because I maybe depleted one set of one type of weap?

Blanky
Jan 15, 2007, 05:12 PM
On 2007-01-15 14:02, Sgt_Shliggy wrote:
Guntecher, eh?

You'll want to grab a rifle and some backup rifles. Dual pistols. . . Great weapons. At least TWO of your palette slots should contain a wand/gun combo.

I roll with: Rifle - Dualies - Dagger/Card - Wand/Card - Wand/Xbow - Wand/Xbow

The weapons you'll want to level up first would be rifle (fire, dark, or earth) and then Xbows/Cards.

I personally wouldn't use Rifles unless you wanna look cool http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif. Even though an Alteric is pretty damn sexy...Bows ignore defense,(thanks for that iamfanboy) so they level up faster, and they're stronger than Rifles ATP wise also. Only things rifles have more of is firing rate, but it's not by much

Gothica
Jan 15, 2007, 05:15 PM
<.< I'm trigger happy. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

I'm not to keen on rifles tho. It's a lot harder to strafe while shooting and aiming with a rifle compared to a sweet pair of twin handguns. But I do plan on picking one up when I get a chance.

-Shimarisu-
Jan 15, 2007, 05:23 PM
You don't think I'm trigger happy?

Sgt_Shligger
Jan 15, 2007, 05:24 PM
I personally don't use a rifle that much. . .

Gothica
Jan 15, 2007, 05:28 PM
A few of my guns didn't have enough PP. The highest PP twin's I have is the Ryo-Louktore. Everything else as at the most 700. And I usually do B runs with Gothic or speed B De Ragen runs. And with those I burn through the PP pretty damn quickly.

panzer_unit
Jan 15, 2007, 05:30 PM
New rangers always have more problems with PP than experienced ones. I think it's skill levels, maybe it's just experience with weapon selection. Don't know, don't care.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: panzer_unit on 2007-01-15 14:31 ]</font>

NPCMook
Jan 15, 2007, 05:52 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/items/psu/1/1010/arb_hadoc/ Good set for starters

I'd say get 2 sets of Dualies, 2 bows, and 2 wands(if you wanna use the buff techs, get more wands...) and either a handgun or Crossbow to compliment those wands

then set the Pallette to Bow > Dualies > Wand > Bow > Dualies > Wand then no matter what weapon you are using you are never to far from a resta

@Panzer_Unit - No all rangers have issues with PP, good ones just know how to make it look like they don't ^.~

SolomonGrundy
Jan 15, 2007, 08:25 PM
with regard to PP and gunz...and take this with a grain of salt, as I am still low level.

Tenora guns for 3* C rank weapons - why? Because at low to mid level, the ATP/ATA is more important than PP. enemies in C, and even B rank missions do not have high hit points and defense. You can safely, and cheaply create many many many copies of these guns and grind the heck out of them.

For 6* weapons, begin the shift over to Yohemi. it has second best ATA, and lots (and lots!) of PP. it alos regens PP so very fast. I am the proud owner of a 6* yohemi handgun (since I cannot yet equip cards or x bows), and it essentailly never runs out.