PDA

View Full Version : Updates on PC

Mr_Generic
Jan 15, 2007, 08:00 PM
"With the PS2 being the lead SKU, adding significant content through downloads in the future is unlikely as anything that would be made available online would have to fit on a PS2 memory card. New weapons and enemies might appear, but any large environments to explore that aren't already on the disc likely won't happen." - Ign Review on the PS2 Version of PSU

http://ps2.ign.com/articles/744/744556p2.html

Would this affect the PC version of the game, and how it updates? Will the PC community get new planets and missions to roam around in? I have the PC version, and I already find the game really fun, with the fluidity of the battle system and all.

Niered
Jan 16, 2007, 07:19 PM
[b]
Would this affect the PC version of the game, and how it updates? Will the PC community get new planets and missions to roam around in? I have the PC version, and I already find the game really fun, with the fluidity of the battle system and all.

No. Because of the PS2 being added to the mix, i highly doubt that even the 360 will get any updates like the ones you listed. Oftentimes updates will be considerably larger than that of a PS2 memory card. And since the 360 community isnt seen as being important to warrant its own content, that wont happen either.

If there is a major update, it will come in the form of a v.2 like PSO did. Another game or expansion pack.