PDA

View Full Version : Oran needs some help.

Scrub
Jan 15, 2007, 09:38 PM
Apparently the only girl who's interested in him is a guy*, and he is in need of some loving.

As such, I propose that ITT, we give Oran great romantic advice to help him find that special someone.

I'll start with the obvious: Get a nice haircut. You dont have to get it short, because a lot of chicks really still like that sort of shaggy-haired look, but it isnt the 80s anymoe man ._.

*[21:27] Wyndham: only girl nearby who's interested in me is a guy
[21:27] Axem Ranger Red: then it isnt a girl now is it

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jan 15, 2007, 09:39 PM
Gouirl.

Guy+girl.

Wiggity Wiggity whack!

Scrub
Jan 15, 2007, 09:40 PM
Go be pointlessly random in another thread. This one is serious business.

DizzyDi
Jan 15, 2007, 09:40 PM
Confidence is key. No girl is going to like you if you don't like yourself first.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jan 15, 2007, 09:42 PM
On 2007-01-15 18:40, Scrub wrote:
Go be pointlessly random in another thread. This one is serious business.

You're in FKL.

BLAT BLAT!

Sgt_Shligger
Jan 15, 2007, 09:43 PM
I'd say something but I'm terrible with women ;(

Scrub
Jan 15, 2007, 09:44 PM
You have a thousand other threads to choose from Hayabusa, do you really need to do it in this one? Seriously dude.

Also, Dizzy's right, but I don't think Oran really does any self-loathing so he's cool in that department.

Sef
Some romantic advice? Don't listen to anybody from FKL.

Yes, including me.

Now. Stop reading.

I said stop. `-`

Wyndham
ok, if i need a haircut, exactly how short? im thinking about it.

Sef
Jan 15, 2007, 09:45 PM
Damn it.

Scrub
Jan 15, 2007, 09:47 PM
Depends on what looks good on you really. I'd say honestly do what I did, and get it cut to 1-3 inches, somewhere in there. Make it drastic if youre gonna do it.

Sgt_Shligger
Jan 15, 2007, 09:47 PM
I'm not going to be rude but is this the best place for this thread >.>

But then again, in Off Topic, you'd want to name the topic "Romantic Advice" and not specify a name >.>

Sef
Jan 15, 2007, 09:48 PM
I'd make it so you can still like, comb it over a little.

I dunno, my hair doesn't do that, but have enough to work with.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jan 15, 2007, 09:49 PM
On 2007-01-15 18:44, Scrub wrote:
You have a thousand other threads to choose from Hayabusa, do you really need to do it in this one? Seriously dude.

Also, Dizzy's right, but I don't think Oran really does any self-loathing so he's cool in that department.

Put it in the emo sections, Rants. If you intend seriousness, you know where it goes. You've been here long enough.

Its in here, crapland. You get crap.

Wyndham
Jan 15, 2007, 09:49 PM
but the problemn is that few people in Off topic know what kind of person i am. i dont want to write a few pages to summarize myself.

Scrub
Jan 15, 2007, 09:50 PM
I don't really like off-topic as much as I like FKL. And while it'd be cool if this thread DIDN'T get spammed to hell, I'm not looking for 100% serious answers.

Even a little bit of spam is okay, like look how Sef did it. He was at least entertaining, he didn't spout random gibberish nonsense.

Leviathan
Jan 15, 2007, 09:50 PM
On 2007-01-15 18:44, Oran1324 wrote:
ok, if i need a haircut, exactly how short? im thinking about it.

show us a current picture.
then we'll decide how many inches should be cut.
we women <<&scrub>> are fashionable. ;o

Wyndham
Jan 15, 2007, 09:51 PM
ill go wash my hair, then a pic.

DizzyDi
Jan 15, 2007, 09:51 PM
SOME WOMEN, are fashionable. Others are probably better off being men.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jan 15, 2007, 09:53 PM
On 2007-01-15 18:50, Scrub wrote:
Even a little bit of spam is okay, like look how Sef did it. He was at least entertaining, he didn't spout random gibberish nonsense.

I went back and forth with Oran about women problems before, in PM's.

Had my own women problems, asked for advice, in Rants.

Nobody's words on the forum will change anything, even if its 100% good advice unless he does it.

http://www.thetalentshow.org/images/drawing2.gif

Scrub
Jan 15, 2007, 09:53 PM
You know what hair I hate on women? The kind that's that goes straight down, but it's still curly. And it's usually dyed half-ass blonde. Do people really find that attractive? I don't get it.

I mean they even go out of their way to make it like that. What the hell.

Scrub
Jan 15, 2007, 09:54 PM
Thanks Hayabusa.

No really thanks.

You can leave now.

DizzyDi
Jan 15, 2007, 09:57 PM
Women are trouble anyway. You'll get one and everything'll be goody goody. THEN THEY RIP YOUR HEART OUT AND FEED IT TO THE DOGS.
They're fun up until that point. Then you're left less of a man than you were before. And if it was a real deep relationship it'll take forever for you to recover. Especially your first love. Thats why I just flirt, its pretty much the same thing 'cept you'll miss out on the kissing and groping (you may get summadat if you're good enough), but you're spared the bullshiet that comes packaged with a relationship.
But as they say, 'tis better to have lost love than to have been never loved at all.

Edit: They're also expensive as hell. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DizzyDi on 2007-01-15 18:58 ]</font>

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jan 15, 2007, 09:58 PM
I wrote some advice here:

http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=132718&forum=14&start=25&50#33

Serious business, telling me not to post, I'm not doing it right.

Every couple months with you, huh Scrub. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Sef
Jan 15, 2007, 09:58 PM
`-`

Oran! Take the iniative!

That is all.

Scrub
Jan 15, 2007, 09:59 PM
We have to get him a woman before we can have him bitch about her dumping him, Dizzy.

Baby steps.

Don't worry, Dizzy, it's just that all womens in highschool want is sex and don't care about a meaningful relationship. I like to try to think that women will be more mature once I leave high school.

God I hope so at least.

Scrub
Jan 15, 2007, 10:00 PM
I tell everyone not to post Hayabusa.

Don't take it personally.

Sgt_Shligger
Jan 15, 2007, 10:00 PM
I'd have to agree with Dizzy on the breaking your heart thing http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jan 15, 2007, 10:06 PM
On 2007-01-15 19:00, Scrub wrote:
I tell everyone not to post Hayabusa.

Don't take it personally.

Nope. I hardly see you tell anyone else not to post.

Leviathan
Jan 15, 2007, 10:06 PM
On 2007-01-15 18:59, Scrub wrote:
We have to get him a woman before we can have him bitch about her dumping him, Dizzy.

Baby steps.

Don't worry, Dizzy, it's just that all womens in highschool want is sex and don't care about a meaningful relationship. I like to try to think that women will be more mature once I leave high school.

God I hope so at least.

QFGJ!!
many girls in high school are only looking for some to fool around with. <<one of many reasons why i dont bother to date currently>>
&also the guy may try to pressure you into it too.
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_cry.gif

&about how you hope women might mature later after highschool. with people out there like lindsay lohan &paris hilton as their "role model" <<shudders>> it really depends on the person's life experience, some will become a whore &others may become not a whore.
it really just depends on the person thats all.

Scrub
Jan 15, 2007, 10:07 PM

...hey Leviatha how old are you again?

Sgt_Shligger
Jan 15, 2007, 10:07 PM

I also agree with that.

Maturity. . .

I've also noticed something at my highschool.

I swear, everyone at my school smokes cigarettes, drinks alcohol, or does pot. I've heard students talking about the pros and cons of alcohol versus weed >_>;

I have nothing against people who smoke, drink, or do any form of drug. It's nothing new but I am against "kids" mostly non-adults (and yes, I am a non-adult( doing that. I might even try some of these drugs btu I'm waiting until after college (seriously) and when I am settled down and know where I'm going.

DizzyDi
Jan 15, 2007, 10:08 PM
Ok seriously though. Oran you need to look inside yourself, and figure why can't you attract any ladys. Maybe its your looks, chances are its probably more than that. You probably have a whole shitload of things that you don't like about yourself, you have either two choices when it comes to that.
1) Change 'em or...
2) Deal w/ them. Come to terms with your flaws.
You gotta be comfortable with yourself. Its like Maslow's heirarchy of needs. 'Cept for mackin girls. Self-confidence is first, then looks, then you work on your conversation, then you find a nice lady and court her, and you're done.
It doesn't even take much to woo a girl, a NICE GIRL. Not one of those stuck up bitches. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif Don't go just for looks, the prettier they are 9 times outta 10 the more drama comes with 'em.
If you have trouble talking to women try something simple...Even if you don't know what to say something like "I don't know what to say but, but my name's Oran, whats up?" She might laugh at you, smile, whatever, but just go with the flow. And remember, you may get rejected but life goes on, EVERYONE gets rejected.

Leviathan
Jan 15, 2007, 10:10 PM
On 2007-01-15 19:07, Scrub wrote:

...hey Leviatha how old are you again?

young.

DizzyDi
Jan 15, 2007, 10:11 PM
Young, but ripe enough for me =P.

MaximusLight
Jan 15, 2007, 10:12 PM

Baby steps.

God I hope so at least.

Spam: Which is exactly why I have never had a date (cries).

Truth: But in all seriousness you need to relax and be yourself with girls, though that might not be advice so much as it is just a good idea. Oh and you do actually have to TRY to ask them out (yea it sucks but hey we all have to do it at some point) even though we live in a world where guys don't need to ask the girls out, it's still being done. SO GROW SOME BALLS MAKE YOURESELF LOOK PRESENTABLE AND GO TRY ALREADY!

Scrub
Jan 15, 2007, 10:13 PM
WHAT A COINCIDENCE I TOO AM YOUNG

Dizzy I hope you raped/rearranged the hierarchy on purpose, haha, but you're pretty much dead on there. If you ask me the best thing to do is just get to know the womens in question, on friendly terms and such, so you can see what they are really like, not just what you occasionally observe them to be. While goin up to women and randomly starting conversation with the hopes of something sparking the first conversation is good for lulz, not so good for practicality in my mind.

I guess to each his own though.

Wyndham
Jan 15, 2007, 10:13 PM
I'm gonna take the pic soon, and thanks so far.

Leviathan
Jan 15, 2007, 10:16 PM
On 2007-01-15 19:13, Scrub wrote:
WHAT A COINCIDENCE I TOO AM YOUNG

but many people think im around 16~18. wtf?!?!
&i act older than most people though. (//_>)

DizzyDi
Jan 15, 2007, 10:17 PM
Be yourself is also a good thing. The movies screw you over thinking that you need to be suave and come up with some amazing first line or something. Its cool if you do but you don't need all that, frrlz.
You also gotta find your own game. Some things work for certain men, some don't. Find your own zone. Like I joke around a lot when I'm flirting and whatnot, other people might do something else. JUST DO YOU. Thats all my advice.

Scrub
Jan 15, 2007, 10:21 PM
Dizzy lays it down like it should indeed be layed down.

Also, you aren't 16-18? HAHAHA I WAS JUST KIDDING IF YOURE LISTENING FBI ;_;

DizzyDi
Jan 15, 2007, 10:23 PM
I feel weird being serious in FKL, lets joke around again. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Wyndham
Jan 15, 2007, 10:24 PM
Okay, here's my pic. (hair is a bit wet)
http://randomjunk.250free.com/folder/hairbefore.jpg

Scrub
Jan 15, 2007, 10:26 PM
Well just from that picture, the first thing I've gotta say is; Smile dood! Everybody likes a smile, it makes you seem like a much more pleasant person than looking SRS BSNS all the time. :3

Leviathan
Jan 15, 2007, 10:27 PM
OSHI-

your hair is slighty longer than mine!! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

get it cut from like to your chin or something is you would like to keep it long.

wow. scrub was right...

Wyndham
Jan 15, 2007, 10:29 PM
how was he right?

DizzyDi
Jan 15, 2007, 10:30 PM
I don't see a prob with the hair, its cool to me.
I say you're lookin good Oran. You could pull off the bad boy look (completely different from the badass look). But its not even about looks. Grin, smirk, smile a bit, and you're good IMO.

Leviathan
Jan 15, 2007, 10:32 PM
he said you needed a haircut.

&you really should smile.

here ill help you.

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m90/rich_girl_latina/goonies.gif

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m90/rich_girl_latina/edumaction.png

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m90/rich_girl_latina/charlesgotmyhead.jpg

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m90/rich_girl_latina/ninjaturtle.gif

Scrub
Jan 15, 2007, 10:33 PM
In my experience, Dizzy, it definitely isnt good if you're looking to get with the womens when you got hair that long. Cool as it may be, the womens(in general, im sure SOME do) do not dig hair that long. Down to the shoulders/chin like Leviatha said would be I'd say the minimum, and that can look really nice if you put some care into your hair.

Dizzy trust me the second that I got my hair cut it was like I somehow took off my anti-women-amulet.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Scrub on 2007-01-15 19:34 ]</font>

Leviathan
Jan 15, 2007, 10:33 PM
he said you needed a haircut.

&you really should smile.

here ill help you.

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m90/rich_girl_latina/goonies.gif

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m90/rich_girl_latina/edumaction.png

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m90/rich_girl_latina/charlesgotmyhead.jpg

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m90/rich_girl_latina/ninjaturtle.gif

Wyndham
Jan 15, 2007, 10:36 PM
edumacation cat made me laugh.

Wyndham
Jan 15, 2007, 10:45 PM
I think ill cut it to a liitle past my chin. thanks.

Scrub
Jan 15, 2007, 10:49 PM
YOU BET, KID!

FOAtHeart
Jan 15, 2007, 11:04 PM
haircut: long hair has got to go if you want the ladies. short is the way to go.

it totally worked for me, even though I am attracting the men.

specifically, married sugar daddies.

anyway SMILE A LOT and act like you give a shit. eventually it comes naturally. :>

Scrub
Jan 15, 2007, 11:21 PM
oh hay there FO I didn't see you there ;3

what's up with you ;)

Sef
Jan 15, 2007, 11:32 PM
wtf fo

it is not figgle time

DizzyDi
Jan 15, 2007, 11:50 PM
can it be figglez tiem now plz?

UnderscoreX
Jan 16, 2007, 12:01 AM
Dude, getting girls in high school was the easiest thing ever.
Judging by your pic, you're what 17 - 18 maybe ? So hopefully still in school.

First off, hair cut man. If you're attached to it, then atleast style it, don't leave it as it is. Yes, you look like a girl.

Next find a girl that you like, and if she's real good looking, cheerleader style, then she's probably used to guys treating her like a princess and giving her everything she wants - do the opposite. This doesn't mean be an asshole, just don't give in to her, right? Act like her looks mean nothing to you and you can get way better. Whether it be true or not, which it isn't.

After you've established the bad boy esque attitude, try talking to other girls around her, make sure she sees you making them laugh etc, because girls have serious jealousy issues. Seem to only want what isn't theirs and what's in high demand.

Do not try to be the sensitive type, the onyl girls who actually like the senstive type, you don't want anyways. Confidence is more than important, when girls act shy it's cute, when guys do it it annoys girls, deal with it.

So after she realizes that you're fun to be around she'll start to get attracted to you, then you just need to play your cards right and ask her out.

So in short, be a man.
Women are easy..

Scrub
Jan 16, 2007, 02:36 PM
Oran is homeschooled. He rarely meets womens.

That's where part of the problem comes in. I mean come on if he could just straight up meet the hunnies at school I could give him all the advice he needs.

`-`

HUnewearl_Meira
Jan 16, 2007, 03:06 PM
Advice from a guy who did well enough to marry a Gymnast--

The first thing to remember is this: Women want to date just as much as guys do. When you approach your quarry, keep in mind that (assumably) you are a member of the gender they would like to have a relationship with, and you therefore stand a reasonable chance.

Don't seriously use a cheesy pick-up line. If you're trying to sell yourself as a humorist, you may be able to get away with such a thing, but in that case, it's important to use it as a joke to break the ice, and launch into a conversation.

Confidence is key. Generally speaking, women aren't attracted to a guy that doesn't seem to know what he's doing. Granted, some women may be inclined to date depressed men who they might believe "need someone to take care of them", but you still need to be able to get their attention to begin with. You aren't going to impress a girl by stammering and studdering all the way through your conversation. Women are no more or less people than you are, and can be addressed as a peer, rather than a deity that might randomly choose to rip your heart out and deep fry it.

The simplest way to have that confidence is to go into the conversation with a plan. Not so much a plan for the conversation, so much as, well, look at it like this: your end goal is to ask her on a date. What you need to have planned out ahead of time is, what are you going to do on this date? Decide what it is you want to go and do with her before you launch into your conversation. As a first date, you could go have lunch, go see a movie, wander around at the mall for a while, go to the park, etc. Generally you want something rather casual and fairly non-committal. A dinner at a fine restaurant or a romantic, candle-lit, home-cooked dinner may not be ideal at this early point.

The next way to gain the confidence you need is to not get hung up on just one girl. Devoting your affections to just one girl is a practice that needs to be reserved for later on in a relationship when things have begun getting serious, not for when you're just looking for someone to date. The old saying, "There are plenty of other fish in the sea" simply means that you have plenty of dating options to find someone you can live with. There's no need to home in on one in specific. You may find out, after a while in the relationship, that she is not nearly the woman you'd idealized in your mind. This attitude helps you gain confidence by dulling your fear of rejection. If she declines your offer, fine, no big deal, you can go find someone else that might not.

The tricky thing with that, though, is that you don't want to ask out women too frequently; you'll build up a reputation that may work against you. Choose carefully, and learn as much as you can about the girl before you try to ask her out. Hang around with her for a few days, maybe even a week or two. Talk to her. Get to know her a bit. Make sure she's A.) Single, and B.) Friendly with you, before you take the plunge.

Finally, this is very important; not so much for getting the relationship started, as much as for making sure that your relationships go the way they need to (ie, go well with the right girl, and go badly with the wrong girl-- remember, you want to keep the right one, and move on from the wrong one), Be yourself. You want her to date you, not someone you're pretending to be. If you can't be honest, your relationship will suck, once it starts moving beyond a superficial level.

All that said, good luck, Oran!

VanDarkmind
Jan 16, 2007, 03:34 PM
Well... HUnewearl_Meira at it's best, like we all know him http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif
I'm, personally, not very helpful in that case - Maybe it's just because I am ME all the time.

Just a tip for you, Oran: Even if you try hard, do not try TOO hard. I don't want you to change your mind about, what HUnewearl_Meira said. It's all right, every single word, trust me.
And even if I'm not very helpful: I've been through the whole opposite of it. Like he said in top: The "ripping your heart out and deep frying it" case... Don't be too serious with yourself. The more serious you get, the more it hurts. The higher you sit on a horse, the deeper you can fall. Just TRY. Figure out, by yourself. Advices can be helpful. But to get a real idea of life, you have to make your own experiences. Just keep yourself straight. That's all you have to do.

Mistakes are for learning and getting experience - Just like in PSO : To level up, get EXP ! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif
But cast Deband on yourself first http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

And what is this all about the f... Haircut? Oran, you should wear your hair like you want to. Maybe you should just try another kind of it sometimes. Refresh a style, not to change yourself completely. Making the others like you just because of the outter appearance (Okay, I wouldn't talk to Quasimodo in the first place but that's another story and Oran doesn't look like Quasimodo, I think http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif) doesn't seem correct to me. As Meira said: BE YOURSELF. Just change your style a bit, just the way you like it. Not the others.

geewj
Jan 16, 2007, 04:23 PM
If you like your long hair then keep it.

Changing yourself for the ladies is the first step in the path to the dark side. Soon they'll begin to wonder what else they'll be able to get you to change.

Leviathan
Jan 16, 2007, 04:27 PM
On 2007-01-16 11:36, Scrub wrote:
Oran is homeschooled. He rarely meets womens.

That's where part of the problem comes in. I mean come on if he could just straight up meet the hunnies at school I could give him all the advice he needs.

`-`

any cute neighbors around the area he may want to date?

i mean yea the school would probably be the best place to meet girls but maybe one day scrub you can take oran to school with you &he can see what he likes...
if you go to school...

or try the mall sometime that may work.

HUnewearl_Meira
Jan 16, 2007, 04:34 PM
On 2007-01-16 13:27, Leviatha wrote:

or try the mall sometime that may work.

Quoted for Emphasis. Public places where people around your age are prone to hanging about are ideal for finding a date. School is really the epitome of this, but your local mall should be quite good, too, especially on the weekends and the evenings during the week. When the parking lot is full, there will be lots of women there.

UnderscoreX
Jan 17, 2007, 04:45 AM
And grow a beard.

Wyndham
Jan 17, 2007, 03:08 PM
On 2007-01-17 01:45, UnderscoreX wrote:
And grow a beard.

I don't like that idea. I'm getting my haircut on the first, and I'm gonna look around, and see where people my age hang out nearby. I can't drive. >_<

Moo2u
Jan 17, 2007, 03:54 PM
Not even a stylish gotee?

Wyndham
Jan 17, 2007, 03:55 PM
I hate facial hair, barring eyebrows.