PDA

View Full Version : Technic Percentages

Botchla
Jan 16, 2007, 01:55 PM
Not sure if this is a nub questoin, but i apologize in advance if it is... i've searched the forums to no avail, so here goes:

In my character information screen, under my technics, there's a "Tech.: " paramter. Any idea what exactly this percentage defines? It's not affected by my armor, so am i to assume this is my classes inherent damage bonus to that category of TECHNIC?

Thanks in advance for your help!

JAFO22000
Jan 16, 2007, 02:00 PM
Nail, head.

SuperRygar
Jan 16, 2007, 02:14 PM
is it a percentage? i thought it was a stat..

JAFO22000
Jan 16, 2007, 02:16 PM
It's a percentage. Like the PA or Bullet percentages.

Witchblade56
Jan 16, 2007, 02:27 PM
^ What Jaf said but to explain alittle better it's the % into level before it levels up, it has nothing to do with % dmg like on striking weapons.

JAFO22000
Jan 16, 2007, 02:33 PM
No, there are two percentages. A level percentage and a Tech percentage. Look at a spell again. You'll notice Diga at 30 has the highest percentage.

HOWEVER, do not judge techs based on this only!!!! Barta may have a lower tech than Diga, but you can cause more DPS with it if used in the right situation. Diga only hits one enemy, Barta can hit up to at least 7 (this is the most I've hit with it)

Rashiid
Jan 16, 2007, 02:39 PM
never really paid attention to it.....

all i knoe is the higher the %, the more powerful it is

Kent
Jan 16, 2007, 02:43 PM
Tech. percentage is the amount of your total TP that is used to calculate damage per hit of that technique.

Basically: (base TP) + (wand or rod TP) * (Tech. % of technique cast) = total TP used in damage calculation.

To see why Diga is so powerful, and why so many people use it, look at its Tech. percentage, equip it to your most powerful rod/wand, and then page over on the weapon's status, to see the techniques you've bound to it. It'll likely clear 2000 TP (depending on your level, of course).

For example:

http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/632/digatpio2.jpg

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kent on 2007-01-16 11:49 ]</font>

SuperRygar
Jan 18, 2007, 04:31 PM
oh,you see..i didnt realize he was refering to what is shown in the above screenshot. i was talking about the stat along side DEF,and MST