PDA

View Full Version : Photons/synthing question

Kaydin
Jan 16, 2007, 04:45 PM
I know that using elemental photons during synthing gives the final product elemental percents, but I have a few questions:

1) How is the percent on the weapon calculated? If I put in more than the needed amount of photons will it give me higher percents?

2) Do the percents on rods/guns raise the damage delt with technics/bullets of that element?

ljkkjlcm9
Jan 16, 2007, 04:51 PM
both your questions are invalid as you can only put in the required number of photons, and guns/rods do not have elements when you make them

THE JACKEL

Kaydin
Jan 16, 2007, 04:56 PM
Ah, well I've never tried. So how would I get higher percents? Is it just random?

And how come when I put only Fire element technics on a rod the rod gains a Fire percent, and the same with bullets on a gun? Thus the second question.

Arislan
Jan 16, 2007, 04:58 PM
Weapons with elements have random percents when they are synthed. Anything from 10-50. The number of photons inserted is a constant. When it asks for 5 of a photon, you can put in 5. No more, no less.

Guns, as stated, do not have native elemental percents. However, adding an elemental bullet will give them a percentage, which will rise when your bullet PA hits 11, then again at 21.

Reiichi
Jan 16, 2007, 05:00 PM
1) Elemental % is random from 10 to 50% online. 50% being the hardest to get. Then it goes down to 44%, 38%, 34%, 30%, 28%, 26%, 24%, etc. by 2% until 10% IIRC.

2) %'s on rods and wands are based on how many spells of the same element you have stacked on the same weapon. Fill a rod with different fire element spells, and that rod will do extra damage towards ice type creatures. The fire spell itself will not do extra damage to other elements like lightning or earth.

The % for bullets on a gun is set at fixed values depending on the bullet level and the bullet type. The % increases at levels 11 and 21 with regards to bullet techniques. A gun with 5% fire bullets will deal 5% more damage to ice creatures, and 5% less to fire creatures. Firing 5% fire bullets at dark or light creatures won't have the bonus 5% damage.

Kaydin
Jan 16, 2007, 05:01 PM
Random percents is kinda dumb. I was hoping to be able to put a ton of them in and be guaranteed a higher percentage.

Edit: Hadn't seen Reiichi's post when I posted this. Thanks for giving me a strait awnser instead of dancing around it making me ask more questions. >.>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kadan on 2007-01-16 14:04 ]</font>