PDA

View Full Version : PSU-PC/PS2: Shop around?

Merumeru
Jan 16, 2007, 05:19 PM
XD well, even though our server is in the mist of hacked meseta and such, and some of us have gotten our hands on lots of money from leveling and such, do you spend lots of time finding a good deal? XP when i shop, i spend like forever going to every shop that sells the item i have, charting out the seller/price/element/ele%/grind in Microsoft Excel and i was curious if anyone else goes through all this to save meseta, even if they have lots to spare XD

Remedy
Jan 16, 2007, 05:21 PM
Yeah, I'm still amazingly cheap when it comes to my meseta. I don't spend anything unless I have to, and I never over-pay for weapons or materials. *shrug*

ChocoboChad
Jan 16, 2007, 05:21 PM
Yeah, I do, but I only have so much, so I have to.

nooblet
Jan 16, 2007, 05:24 PM
im pretty stingy when it comes to speding meseta no matter how much i got. When I search for an item, I tend to look at every shop at the list and write down the shops with the best prices. That way when Im done with the list, I know which shop has the cheapest price.

Dj_SkyEpic
Jan 16, 2007, 05:26 PM
I visit as many shops as I can even though I have plentiful meseta XD! Can't be too careless with money imo.

_Deliverance_
Jan 16, 2007, 05:27 PM
Debending on what it is. Materials for armor? You could search 25 shops but only find 2-3 that are cheaper than the NPC, and then it's less than 5 each shop. I just go to the npc. For weapons, I'll search shops. For grinded weapons though...

I make my armor, so yeah...

Ultra
Jan 16, 2007, 05:30 PM
I've made some nice sales recently, but I still shop around for deals!

Merumeru
Jan 16, 2007, 05:31 PM
on top of saving money, its nice to reward the sellers who actually put up good prices and dont try to rob you X3

Reiichi
Jan 16, 2007, 05:32 PM
I used to shop for tons and tons and tons of stuff back when I was poor and leveling PMs. My 100 striking and 100 tech PMs were 98% fed off of player stores, 1% fed off of synthing rubbish, and 1% fed off of weapon drops found.

I also used to shop all over for cheap metals like harnium, gamotite, and soural to upgrade into soldonium, zepotite, and speral for resale, and would do the same with turning wood into ebon. Obviously I don't do any of that anymore.

Nowadays the only think I browse for in shops are elemental photons. Any weapons I might want I can synth, and most shops post them for retarded prices anyways. Occasionally I will find something cheap that will catch my eye and I'll pick up whatever that might be.

I'm still frugal when it comes to shopping, as although I have a nice amount of money it could very quickly go to waste if I were to end up buying 100k rays. I set limits on what I am willing to pay for and go about browsing shops with that in mind. Any bad shops I come across I make a mental note and will avoid visiting that shop for the rest of my shopping session. If your name is particularly memorable, I will probably never visit your shop again http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

I don't go so far as excel sheets or taking down names as that takes too long. I bring up the max list of shops, browse through them, and move onto the next item on the list I want. Then backtrack etc. etc. Depending how much I get into it I might end up shopping for blocks of 2 hours while doing other menial things.

shastabob
Jan 16, 2007, 05:37 PM
i synth my own stuff i find that ppl are just selling their crappy %'s and mostly just try to rip you off altho i do have the cash

ljkkjlcm9
Jan 16, 2007, 05:38 PM
if it's at the NPC, I buy it there, otherwise, with player shops, I'm very cheap.

THE JACKEL

Jae
Jan 16, 2007, 06:00 PM
I have plenty of meseta, but I'm still frugal. The only times I ever visit player shops nowadays are to price check things or buy elemental armor.

Otherwise, if it can bought at an NPC I just go there. NPC is cheaper 99% of the time nowadays.