PDA

View Full Version : State of the Union PS2/PC

Wheatpenny
Jan 16, 2007, 05:24 PM
Ok first and formost I don't think this is a rant, but if you mods deem it nessecary to move into rants so be it and I respect that decision in advance.
I just figured I would post on PSOW the same thing and see what you guys thought.

I was on the official PSU forums and about 75% of the post on there are people bishin about hackers and inflation and duping and crap. I decided to make a rather snide but true point about the topics and called it the State of the Union PS2/PC. Here was the post:

Hi guys we all have been going back and fourth lately about hackers,dupes, and outlandish prices. I decided to go ahead and give a little speach take it for what it is worth. Read it or don't.

Everyone is running in fear of hackers. They dupe items and inflate the economy(I say inflate not F-up due to the fact that even though inflated things cost more,you just sell stuff for more so it evens out..) This stuff is old hat guys come on, we know they are there no more need for anyone else to play Captian Obvious and the Clearly Apparent Brigade. So what if they "bomb you" Check this out last night I saw some dude's shop description and it said "3 PM Bombs and I am still open". This dude has been bombed 3 freakin times and he is still open in spite of the situation.
They get their jollies off by messing with us. In other words look them in the eye so to speak and just PLAY eventualy when no one takes them serious anymore they will get bored and go away. We could all take a que from the 3 PM bombed guy, grow a pair stand up and keep playing like you normaly would reguardles of what the Haxzors do.

Inflation..inflation inflation inflation. Ok Prices are REALY high. If everyone is charging an arm and a leg for products, then you do the same thing to balance the equilibrium out, it isn't going to make you any more or less legit than anyone else.Someone gona charge you 50k for a photon, awesome, when you take those 50k photons and make a weapon that they more than likely will turn around and buy then just pass that cost per photon into the price of the weapons you are selling.If your gona have to pay crazy ammounts teach them a lesson by charging crasy prices for your goods. Onca again it evens out. You don't like the price of photons you have alternatives...go and farm your own,time consuming yes but free.. hell you can even level PA while doing this. there is 2 birds with one stone. Make some friends..work out trade agreements. I have plenty of friends that don't have pure synthing PM and I make stuff for them at no charge and they suply me with photons. I get to craft and upside for them is if I produce an exceptional elemental percent weapon they just got it for part cost. There are ways to circumvent economy problems.

Duping. Ok here we go, someone is duplicating items..call me crazy but theese hackers suposedly post theese on their boards but how can we know they aren't just bluffing and posting this crud to rile all of us and laugh. Now when I see some crazy fool drok a whole bunch svaltus swords in the middle of a mission or sell a crapton of them for like 10k or something. Then I might start worrying. In other words pics or it didn't happen I beleive the saying goes.

This is a game people play it like one. I don't want to see this game go the way of FFXI and get all uber serious, that is why I quit it,just wasn't fun anymore. I do have fun playing this game and I will be damned if I am gona let anyone else ruin it for me. So there is my stance on the state of the PS2/PC as of now. Take it or leave it. Put up or shut up. Quit whining and just do something.

Thank you for reading my post and veiws, flame me if you want I don't care I am sure there are plenty of people who agree with me on this.

Here are some of the examples of the responses I got.
Leaving names out to protect the blah blah blah

YOU SUCK YOU SUCK YOU SUCK.ok flamed

Or how about this one?

If anyone actually reads this, can they let me know what he says in a few words please, thanks

Now here is one of the few agreed responses I got.

It's not blah blah blah rant rant rant you f'in idiot. It's some intelligent words about the state of the game economy on ps2 and you can't stand to hear it because you're nothing but a troll. Grow up and suck some oreos.

Here is another intelegent response.

Well said Wheatpenny.

You do what you can to make the game enjoyable. If people believe legit means proud and poor then it means you should be thinking about another game. I wouldn't play something I love to hate...

Insane photon prices means insane cost for weapons and armor. People know this yet they're looking for some kind of deal. Someone complained about high price for one of my 9*s and after I visited his store to see his 30k photons, he was blacklisted so I didn't have to hear his yap.

I would've given him the weapon if I saw he was fighting the good fight with the photons. Don't get upset with a shop owner over prices when you charge 30k for photons. They aren't listening.

We all do what we can to make the game enjoyable. Adjust to the market guys. Poor and proud may make you famous on other popular forums but it sure as hell isn't going to improve your gaming experience.

Well, not gonna go on here. You've said enough and very well put at that.

/salute

And this was the last one I got before my retort.

Man I really tried reading this. Ahhhh man my attention span has really dropped since playing this game. If you can write your message next time in 40 characters or less that would be great (that's the aprox amount of characters you can fit in a PSU Chat Bubble.)

This was my response post.

My humble appologies. Here I will re-format it to make it easier. For the posters on this thread that were too sore in the head to actualy read something. (I'm not meaning to insult, but give a stupid response to a legitimate serious post..well you are getting what you asked for...go cram it!)

ZOMG THERE IS HACKZERS.
Well people grow a pair and do something instead of complaining.
Dude got bombed and he is still runing shop.

ZOMG INFLAYTION IN ECONUMUY
If yoy pay high prices then sell your stuff for high cost,quit whining.

ZOMG Hackerz dooping..
Nothing we can do people just leave them alone going off in forums about them does nothing but give them the negative atention they want.

A bit A-holeish of a response from me maybe. Yeah who am I kidding it was I just figured I would use biting wit to retort back.

So I just wanted to see what you PSOW guys thought.I don't mind getting any replys dissagreeing with me, just would like a bit more serious of a response if you are disagreeing http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Oh and also not knocking on the official forums I just thought since no 2 forum comunities are the same I just wanted a second opinion. You guys may say the same thing I don't know.

_Deliverance_
Jan 16, 2007, 05:34 PM
100% agreed.
I'll give somebody shit for selling photons for 100k, but at 50k or less...w/e. I just sell my armor for that much more.

BloodDragoon
Jan 16, 2007, 05:34 PM
Myself and other users have stated the same things about those issues on this forum and the responses rarely are any better in general. So... yeah...

AlphaMinotaux
Jan 16, 2007, 05:40 PM
On 2007-01-16 14:24, Wheatpenny wrote:

If anyone actually reads this, can they let me know what he says in a few words please, thanks

Seriously though can some1 tell what this says in a few words please ._. im not joking

Dj_SkyEpic
Jan 16, 2007, 05:40 PM
About duping, It's possible.

It's getting to the point where meseta no longer matters. Your best trade off would be something like 50% elemental weapons or even units for other rare items.

- The economy wouldn't flatten out at all now since the meseta dupe is still possible. The only way the economy WOULD stabilize is if everyone sells things at fair prices, but that doesnt seems likely to happen.

- So far, all the players that have over 2-99mill are basically just buying things straight off NPCs since it's a headache to try to find decently priced items. Sure they make weapons, but some still sell for 1-4mill. It's another way to take advantage of this economy.

- As for me, I still play even if things go bad. What strives you to continue playing? You would have to consider plenty to keep on going even though this game isnt even a year old yet. I strive mainly for playing with friends. I believe many do as well.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dj_SkyEpic on 2007-01-16 14:46 ]</font>

Reiichi
Jan 16, 2007, 05:55 PM
I am reminded of another MMO that I used to play, and when things got pretty messed up it always went back to whether or not your friends still played. That's fine and dandy and all. Having a group of friends you could enjoy doing almost anything be it work or playing tic tac toe. An mmo shouldn't have to fall back on that as a last resort though, as that is just a sign that something is seriously flawed.

My shop PM was bombed and that wasn't very nice. I'd like to have a loli to greet my customers but it's just not going to happen now ;0; as they could always just bomb it again. I don't miss the synthing at all, just my shop loli. Won't sega protect my lolis?

I don't pay for 50k photons so I don't have to mark my stuff up 500k for an A weapon. I try to sell my 9*s in the 300-400k range.

Tengoku
Jan 16, 2007, 06:15 PM
It's a fun game. I treat it like a game. The "economy", aka "Player Shops" are a tacked on feature because it is expected in MMORPGs these days. Inflation doesn't bother me because when the prices are twice the price of what the NPC sells things for... it doesn't bother me because the NPC is the deal.

I can deal with the hacking and the duping because I don't care who does what first, or how items get into the economy, or who has the most money. Unless the hackers can find a way to personally ruin a run that I am on then they don't really affect my gaming experience. After that, I can blacklist them and the problem is solved.

It's the people here that matter, not the game itself. Realisticly, this is a poorly-designed piece of chat software with a fantastical and beautiful graphical interface. We're all playing the game to chat and have a good time with others, so that is what I do. Until the haxwhores learn to crash the servers... I couldn't care what they do.

Yes, I'd love to have an economy that runs properly and one where I could earn a ton of Mesetas by being smart and shrewd, but I can't so I won't try. If I want to run a shop and have it work well, I can go back to FlyFF or work the auction house in WoW.

I'm here to play, so play I will. Your mileage may vary.

Sekani
Jan 16, 2007, 06:21 PM
If someone's paying $10 a month for a game, they shouldn't have to "grow a pair" to enjoy it. Doesn't sound like much fun to me. Just my opinion though.

Admittedly, if I was on PC I most likely would have bailed back when they started PM bombing.

Kimil
Jan 16, 2007, 07:14 PM
I actually like the game better with the hackers.
Don't Flame, I'll explain:

Meseta was a BITCH to come by, I would have to play for hours on the same De Ragan Mission over and Over or risk my matterials by synthing at 75% chance of success for a 4* plastara and maybe make 2K on the whole thing. It was getting really borring and time consuming, which are somethings I hate in a game (not even getting into lvling ang MP runs...).

With the hackers, a lot of messeta has been dumped into the economy; an endless amount really. Its like there is a gold rush and Elemental Photons are the gold (I ACUTAULLY sold all my Megia and Gra phontons today O_O, and at 50K a piece, made 4 mil in 1 hour). Everyone with sense is getting richer. Is the high price of photons hurting anyone? no, unless you want photons bad. When ever I wanted to synth somthing I wouldn't ever buy from player shops(b4 the hacking), I would just gather the mats myself (buying woods and lines from NPC shops if I had too).

Wep Prices haven't gone up. No by much, and they wont becase the NPC prices will always regulate this (other then high elemental weps, these are very valuable too).

It does hurt ppl who synth, But I HATED doing this. I always got failure after failure, a big waste of time. Stop synthing, unless you've gathered the mats yourself. Just buy weps off the shops, the prices are mostly still below the NPC prices, or if they have a high element% their are a little higher. I love how one rayphoton can buy an ice element 6* wep on the market, no more wasted synths just finished product.

I guess I'm just lazy, but I'm NOT spending 5hour gathering money and mats to synth weps that failled 5/6 times anymore. I like this new system of collecting Phontons and selling them for ennough to buy the weps instead.

Now you can flame http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Fleur-de-Lis
Jan 16, 2007, 07:29 PM
On 2007-01-16 15:21, Sekani wrote:
If someone's paying $10 a month for a game, they shouldn't have to "grow a pair" to enjoy it. Doesn't sound like much fun to me. Just my opinion though.

That's sort of the angle I'm coming from: if Sega's not going to fix the exploits, I'm not going to waste my money on them, playing a broken PSU as they intended it to be played, nor am I going to contribute to the problem.

The game is fun. However...

Account suspended.

Me : 1
SoA : 0

MaximusLight
Jan 16, 2007, 07:34 PM
I agree with weatpenny, you play the game for fun!

Sychosis
Jan 16, 2007, 07:35 PM
On 2007-01-16 15:21, Sekani wrote:

Admittedly, if I was on PC I most likely would have bailed back when they started PM bombing.

Indeed. While continuing on in the face of adversity is admirable, you do have to understand and respect the fact that others play the game for various reasons. If these reasons are ruined by cheating you should respect their right to quit doing something they don't enjoy any longer.

Neith
Jan 16, 2007, 07:37 PM
Inflation is bullshit really- people are deliberately overcharging, so they can all roll around in piles of duped Meseta.

Like it or not, that's forcing the honest players to do the same- hell, I went Kubara Wood shopping earlier- most were priced at 50,000 or more. I refuse to pay more than 5,000 a piece. If people want to overcharge, and price at LOL 10MIL then they won't get my money. Simple.

Oh, and weapon prices have gone up, for some items. 20 Million for a Harisen Battle Fan? No? How about 15 million for a Fluorescent Bulb? It's beyond stupid. Not everyone wants to overcharge, but the way the economy is, its more or less forced on you.

As for the duping, i don't understand why everyone is 'running in fear'. I don't know how many of PSU's players played PSO, but that was a lot worse for duping, as well as full of malicious hacks (more than just the PM bombing we have on PSU).

I don't know, the way I see it is, Id rather lose a few days work on a PM, than lose 1000+ hours on a high level character in PSO through FSOD-X.

If Sega do fix the exploits on the US/EU servers, I'll be amazed.

BloodDragoon
Jan 16, 2007, 07:40 PM
Honestly if someone is bothered to the point a game is unplayable just because someone they may never meet in said game cheated then they shouldn't even bother playing any game online. Cheating will happen in some way, shape, or form regardless of game platform and what any company tries to do about it. The world isn't perfect so shit like this will happen in online games.

Sekani
Jan 16, 2007, 07:57 PM
On 2007-01-16 16:40, BloodDragoon wrote:
Honestly if someone is bothered to the point a game is unplayable just because someone they may never meet in said game cheated then they shouldn't even bother playing any game online. Cheating will happen in some way, shape, or form regardless of game platform and what any company tries to do about it. The world isn't perfect so shit like this will happen in online games.

Yeah shit happens. But all shit is not created equal. Item duping is a joke. Getting your character's prized posessions deleted is not.

I don't understand how you can think negatively of someone for not wanting to deal with that, especially when they're paying for the priviledge.

ShadowDragon28
Jan 16, 2007, 08:08 PM
Im on the PS2/PC server uni 15, my alternate character has a shop. I sale ray photons for 2k, all others under 800 meseta, kubara wood 2k or less, heck any extra 4,5,6 star material I sale for between 2k to 5k and no higher.

I started with 85k in meseta total, since opening my shop and pricing things really cheap in 1 1/2 weeks I went up to 800k;
I was able to bought new clothes, 3 of the new PAs, new armor and 3 6* weapon boards , and now have under 600,000 meseta total, im proud of that. I would not be pround of getting 1 mil from saleing a frikken 6 star saber...

I feel my meseta was earned *honestly* and I feel good about what i've saved up so far. (i dont care if it may have been duped. Once it's mine its "legit" IMO)
Though I *do* think it's stupid to be greedy and price things in the millions.

If anyone knows of anyone saling 7-9 star weapon Boards for *fair* and cheap prices under 80k please PM me. Im not "rich" compared to *some*

I dont have millions just to buy 1 frikken Crea Saber, thats what sux most about the huge overpricing, not being able to afford any thing above-average in many player shops... ah well.

ShinMaruku
Jan 16, 2007, 08:19 PM
If people are spazing on price why don't ya buy from NPCs? Seriously.
And if any cheater is worth his clout he'd go make wpeaons and never buy them period. Time consuming yes, but hell yeah it can be worth it. Just doin for money is sad.
The cheater problem is fools not being creative. That and even bigger fools just playin along.
As for the over pricing and all that jazz they can't effect me in the least. Them tricks, they can be done. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
Seems like the place is the result of casuality. Except people don't know the control they have.

BloodDragoon
Jan 16, 2007, 08:26 PM
On 2007-01-16 16:57, Sekani wrote:

Yeah shit happens. But all shit is not created equal. Item duping is a joke. Getting your character's prized posessions deleted is not.

I don't understand how you can think negatively of someone for not wanting to deal with that, especially when they're paying for the priviledge.

If they don't want to deal with it then good for them and go. What I really think negatively about is the fact so many of these people that quit over this stuff feel the need to piss and moan about it all over various forums while making the problem seem much larger and widespread than it really is. Which in turn causes people thinking about playing to game to decide not to and players more easily influenced by the thoughts of others to quit. And it's not just this game it happens on damn near every game online.

_Deliverance_
Jan 16, 2007, 08:46 PM
Cheating happens on every MORPG. Its' the game itself, the people that play it, and the fun that you get out of it that matter. So yeah, if you don't like it and you think that there is a game out there that is more suitable for you, all the power to you. Don't let the door hit you on the way out. But if you're staying, please just think about it rationally, and deal with it.

Sekani
Jan 16, 2007, 08:47 PM
If people have a bad experience, they're gonna tell other people about it. That's not just true of online games, it's true of just about every aspect of life. They'll tell everyone they know not to waste their money at this restaurant, on those clothes, or on some video game. So, if a lot of people have bad experiences (and on top of that it's pretty much the same one), then there might just be a problem. Getting pissed off at the victims isn't part of the solution.

Whatever though, I'm getting more into this than I really care to. You have your opinion, I have mine, moving on.

_Deliverance_
Jan 16, 2007, 08:53 PM
Who's pissed at "victims"? Not I. Besides, maybe Sega _will_ come up with a fix. Time will tell.

Fleur-de-Lis
Jan 19, 2007, 04:02 PM

Point taken, but...

If you don't yourself, ask someone else who plays RFO (EU servers) about hacks, RMT, and botting. You'll find that CM has always hunted them down like a pack of very hungry, very cranky wolves. True, the cheating will always happen, and its up to the company that collects the public's money to act on our behalf. Up until now, all SoA has done is given us two easy, unnecessary fixes to two problems, one of which actually seemed to help people enjoy the game more without ruining anything. Unless, of course, I'm missing something...

Anyway, this is why CM earns my subscription, and SoA doesn't. Should SoA decide to do something constructive with their title, I'll gladly hop back on. Until then I'll stick with SoJ, whi seems to take their position a bit more seriously (probably something to do with there being 6 times as many subscribers).

AC9breaker
Jan 19, 2007, 04:28 PM
I think the question people need to ask themselves...

WWRJD!?

http://www.apocalypse-tribe.com/ac9breaker/post-7-1166391314.jpg

SuperRygar
Jan 19, 2007, 04:41 PM
damn,this issue is just like the war in Iraq! haha everybody back home is trying to rationalize somethign that is not only out of their control, but being run by powerful unseen forces. you can argue points back and forth until your blue in the face but its not gonna change anything. you just learn it and figure your own ways around it. i wonder who's gonna claim responsibility for '9/11'ing Sega's servers...

AngelofEnders
Jan 19, 2007, 05:17 PM
Changing percentages on melee attacks for balance is easy. Changing a simple glitch that allows people to wear clothing combos they shouldn't be wearing anyway is easy. Fixing an economy isn't so easy.

The weapons, armor, items that people work toward is the result of how much time people are putting into this game whether you feel that the person got it in a legit manner or not. Thing is it's be too cumbersome to try to find out who's doing what on a case by case basis because there's just too many people. The only way to fully rectify the problem would be to fix the glitch and then completely reroll. Not only would that piss a ton of people off but they'd probably lose a lot of customers too.

Everyone that has played since PSO knew that PSU would become hacked eventually but the real question was to what extent? Luckily the online is seperate from offline so who knows what's to come in the future?

All in all I really only play with my friends anyway and I'm enjoying myself.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AngelofEnders on 2007-01-19 14:18 ]</font>

Genobee
Jan 20, 2007, 01:56 AM
If I should have to grow a pair because sega is to lasy to fix things, then Sega should grow a brain and stop charging me for no reason, I kinda feel lied too.