PDA

View Full Version : What is a shop to you?

Sargon
Jan 16, 2007, 07:06 PM
What do you consider a shop to be for you?

Rashiid
Jan 16, 2007, 07:14 PM
Just a way to get rid of items I don't need

Kimil
Jan 16, 2007, 07:16 PM
Main Source of Income. Thank you Photons http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif No more wasting my time questing.

PMB960
Jan 16, 2007, 07:18 PM
Where is the option for both? I sell all the crap that I get and actually make more than I do questing.

Sekani
Jan 16, 2007, 07:26 PM
I can make more money more faster by running S-rank missions. A shop provides good supplemental income, but unless I get lucky and find some rares I don't want I'm not gonna get rich off of it.

SolRiver
Jan 16, 2007, 07:59 PM
Money grow on trees.

SolomonGrundy
Jan 16, 2007, 08:11 PM
xbox 360.

A good place for low level characters to pick up non valuable 3-6* weapons/armor on the cheap.

A great place for mid level characters to buy mid level synth materials on the cheap

A godsend for high level charaters to buy/sell/trade the very best items

win, win, win.

I bought a 4* dagger for 2199 meseta with 22% dark last night. This is after 2 successful synths @ 16/14% dark, and 1 dimate.

Consdier: the BOARD for this weapon cost me 4300.

Thrash777
Jan 16, 2007, 09:16 PM
I use it to get rid of stuff mainly...

It makes good profit when you fully stock it out with every type of item, cos it will cover more searches people do, and people will look at ALL your items, not just the one they search for.

I just like passing the savings onto other people really...

PALRAPPYS
Jan 16, 2007, 09:43 PM
Way to get rid of junk.

Once I get my 420, I'm going to start making some A ranks, in hope that someone will buy some weps I make. I'll just need to get the boards first. ><

Kismet
Jan 16, 2007, 09:48 PM
Don't have one, don't need one.

The shop feature's really nothing more than a way to dupe n00bs and dumbasses who don't know any better about hard-work or the synthesis economy. And if you just wanna get rid of your junk, that's what friends and the 'Sell' feature at NPCs are for.

Kirip-san
Jan 16, 2007, 09:50 PM
On 2007-01-16 18:48, Kismet wrote:

The shop feature's really nothing more than a way to dupe n00bs and dumbasses who don't know any better about hard-work or the synthesis economy. And if you just wanna get rid of your junk, that's what friends and the 'Sell' feature at NPCs are for.

So everyone, and me, are noobs too~nyo?
I see how it is~nyo. >.>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kirip-san on 2007-01-16 18:51 ]</font>

Kismet
Jan 16, 2007, 09:54 PM
On 2007-01-16 18:50, Kirip-san wrote:

On 2007-01-16 18:48, Kismet wrote:

So everyone, and me, are noobs too~nyo?
I see how it is~nyo. >.>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kirip-san on 2007-01-16 18:51 ]</font>

Aww. X3 Well, I mean, you're a noob if you buy something from a shop they you can clearly get cheaper someplace else or by some other method. (Synthing) But it's it's like "OMFG, where is it?! can't find it!!!", or if it's cheaper than normal, then okay.

Kent
Jan 16, 2007, 09:55 PM
Shops are a way to get good deals on items, both buying and selling, if you know the status of the economy, and how stupid people in general are. Vendors are for junk that people don't actually want.

Sargon
Jan 16, 2007, 10:24 PM
[/quote]

Aww. X3 Well, I mean, you're a noob if you buy something from a shop they you can clearly get cheaper someplace else or by some other method. (Synthing) But it's it's like "OMFG, where is it?! can't find it!!!", or if it's cheaper than normal, then okay.

[/quote]

I've just got a comment on the synthing thing. Although it might be cheaper to synth, for the high level weapons, even with a max pm in that area, your chances will never be one hundred percent. Personaly I'd rather pay a bit more for a 100% chance of getting a weapon than have a chance of loosing all the money or work I put in to finding the ingredients for the synthisis.

Sychosis
Jan 16, 2007, 10:31 PM
What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets!

My shop is just a place to dump junk. One man's trash is another man's treasure.

Zato-2TWO
Jan 17, 2007, 02:05 PM
Am I the only one who has a shop to offer bargain prices on low-* weapons for lesser levels to pick up? Lately my customer base has shifted from 'lowbies who need cheap weapons' to 'people looking for cheap mag food'. =O

Reiichi
Jan 17, 2007, 02:52 PM
Shop is both my main source of income and also a place to get rid of junk I don't need.

Stuff I don't need would be 9* weapons with low %s. Trash to me is another players treasure, and the more that sell the more likely I'll see others use appropriate elemental weapons in random parties. Hate it when I see other hunters with a full palette of green and 20m in cash on them.

I'm not so generous that I give my weapons away randomly for free though (only did so once cuz they just wouldn't sell and the user was using green weapons) and also because I'm not drowning in meseta that I can afford to. Sell trash weapons for a small loss, sell decent weapons for a small gain, and keep the high %s for myself. If people want a high % weapon they can synth it themselves (since noone ever sells them) and they'll be able to see what it's like to parse through 30 shops of 100k rays. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Gothica
Jan 17, 2007, 04:30 PM
Mainly, I give anything rare I get to my boyfriend and he sells it in his shop. I'm pretty lax with money so I just usually ask him for some cash to buy what ever I want to get. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif