PDA

View Full Version : How much of a difference...

zanotam
Jan 16, 2007, 11:09 PM
How much of a difference does race really make? Like is there much of a difference between say a female human fortetecher and a newman male fortetecher damage wise? Also does sex matter that much at higher lvls so are say female newman fortetechers hitting for like 200 more then male newman FT or like Male beast FF hitting fore 100 more per swing of axe then Female Beast FF?

Rizen
Jan 16, 2007, 11:15 PM
To me, it really doesnt make much of a different in a party. Sure, they may it a little harder, just means they are more likely to get finishing blow than anything else. Good example of this is when a newman force was in my party in Onma S, wont say names...*cough* and she would use Dambarta the whole run. It went by very smoothly. I did another run later with a very similar party but the force was a human. We pretty much finished the same amount of time as my other group.

Soloing or in a smaller party may make a different, but in a larger group its just for show http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Itsuki
Jan 16, 2007, 11:27 PM
The only time it makes a difference is in extreme situations. Which pretty much just means beast rangers, cast/beast forces, and newman hunters. Beast rangers will see a lot of 0s. Cast/beast forces will see a very drastic change in damage when compared to a human/newman. And newman hunters will get 1-shot more often than other hutners (but the damage isn't considerably noticable in a party).

Sexy_Raine
Jan 17, 2007, 01:57 AM
Also, human are basically usable with all classes. Their not awesome in one area, but not crap in one either. I don't know why humans get bashed by some, they truly don't deserve it. If you are unsure of which class to use, human is a fine choice. You should have no problems switching over to another class. Don't listen to people that say humans aren't worth using.

Oh and don't use low-tier race/class combos, unless you have a good reason to, they are not worth raising, since they gain nothing exclusive for weaker stats.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sexy_Raine on 2007-01-16 23:01 ]</font>

zanotam
Jan 17, 2007, 09:46 AM
well i've already got a lvl 35 human and I'm currently WT but i don't know whether i should create a character just for Fortetecher or whether i'd be okay on that char. Also WT is a fun class and all but the lack of cool stuff until 40+ is really annoying http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Remedy
Jan 17, 2007, 09:51 AM
You'll be okay as a Human Fortecher (some of my best Fortecher buddies are human), but keep in mind that you aren't able to use our S-rank rod, the Halarod - it's Newman only.