PDA

View Full Version : ATTN: Fighgunners

Sakura123
Jan 16, 2007, 11:15 PM
Hello dear fighgunners http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif.

Just wanted to remind you that having A rank on a weapon category does not mean you can't use those weapons. Spears are probably the best weapon in the game, Dus Daggas just rape stuff. Carrying a spear around it's a great idea for doing raw damage. Claw is also a great weapon if you prefer one handed stuff.

Twin Guns are your best ranged friends, they also rape stuff, awesome DPS. Use them , love them. Using the Double Saber or "insert random melee weapon" instead of Twin Guns on enemies like on Tengohgs, Worms etc.. is an horrible idea.

If you didn't know, Fighgunners can *gasp* use traps.. yes omg, you heard right.

If you are on PC/PS2 you can afford them easily and there is no excuse to NOT carry a stack of Poison G and Burn G with you all the time. Burn traps owns Bruce's Vi De Bears, use them, love them. Traps make Bruce's mission a breeze.

Oh, and get Assault Crush to 21, it owns that much.

That's all http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif. Have fun.

Ronzeru
Jan 16, 2007, 11:29 PM
Double Sabers, Twin Sabers, Twin Daggers, and Twin Guns onry, kplzthxbai.

McFresh_Bot
Jan 17, 2007, 02:31 AM
i find the 1st part of Spiral Dance to be effective vs worms, it's a quick knockdown that allows you and others to sneak in more hits before he goes back under.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: McFresh_Bot on 2007-01-16 23:47 ]</font>

Ryogen
Jan 17, 2007, 02:34 AM
I use almost all weapons, but the spear is my favorite and I'm starting to use traps becuase they are very effective with status.

MontyNice
Jan 17, 2007, 02:47 AM
As a Fighgunner myself I think Double Sabers are useless against worms. The attack takes too long to start and the worms usually hit you with that area attack. Its even worse if they hit you to lower your ATT. I just use my twin handguns (Evil Twin) on them.

My weapons set consists of 3 double sabers (2 Bone Dance 1 Nightwalker) & 3 twin handguns (2 Bulletmaster 1 Evil Twin)

And I ALWAYS forget to buy traps. But I can get status effects with my guns... oh well...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MontyNice on 2007-01-16 23:48 ]</font>

Omega_Weltall
Jan 17, 2007, 06:57 AM
ya i noticed they can use traps, but i heard they weren't that great. I might just give them a try. And about spears... I just don't like them on PSU. On PSO i loved them cause they hit almost everything in front of you like the sword but at a longer range and more accurately but in PSU its just a forward thrust ( like it should be). Then again I used them on my Newman Force (now fortecher) so the damage was ass and could only do lv 1 melee PA's.

Kula
Jan 17, 2007, 08:28 AM
Yes spears are delicious , even though as a figunner . But im alrdy complete heh , got my self 4 50% 9* spears ( all elements except fire and lighting ) took em all awile to make cough*. As for traps i use em too , only use ice and burn traps though O_O

ayrista
Jan 17, 2007, 09:45 AM
maybe call this thread ATTN: Fighgunner noobs:
most of this information is well known. But maybe i dont play in Uni 1 enough

Ryoki
Jan 17, 2007, 03:17 PM
On 2007-01-17 06:45, ayrista wrote:
maybe call this thread ATTN: Fighgunner noobs:
most of this information is well known. But maybe i dont play in Uni 1 enough

Completly true. Any good Fighgunner knows this crap.

Pengfishh
Jan 17, 2007, 04:25 PM
On 2007-01-16 20:15, Sakura123 wrote:

That's all http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif. Have fun.

Bite me.

Scejntjynahl
Jan 17, 2007, 04:28 PM
Fignewtons 101?

twysted
Jan 17, 2007, 04:47 PM
i actually carry a few diff weapons equipped and unequipped so depending on the situation i use that i also have 2 sets of bulletmasters i like double sabers for damage i also like my ryo-misaki it really depends though...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: twysted on 2007-01-17 13:50 ]</font>

Witchblade56
Jan 17, 2007, 04:52 PM
I carry all types and use them accordingly.

Jey
Jan 17, 2007, 04:54 PM
blahblah fighgunners gotta skill up weapons too blahblah. I didn't know how to use traps until a little whiles ago but whatever- Figured weapon resistances and knowing when to use knockdown PAs was common knowledge by the time you get an advanced job, but mebbe I'm wrong <_<;

traps have nothing to do with beating Bruce's dungeon, it's all about having a force or whatever as leader who knows how to keep Bruce the hell away from the king bils -_-

Ryoki
Jan 17, 2007, 07:21 PM
On 2007-01-17 13:54, Jey wrote:
blahblah fighgunners gotta skill up weapons too blahblah. I didn't know how to use traps until a little whiles ago but whatever- Figured weapon resistances and knowing when to use knockdown PAs was common knowledge by the time you get an advanced job, but mebbe I'm wrong <_<;

traps have nothing to do with beating Bruce's dungeon, it's all about having a force or whatever as leader who knows how to keep Bruce the hell away from the king bils -_-

This guy makes me sad to be a fighgunner...

Dj_SkyEpic
Jan 17, 2007, 07:25 PM
On 2007-01-17 16:21, Ryoki wrote:

On 2007-01-17 13:54, Jey wrote:

This guy makes me sad to be a fighgunner...
Have, you tried A rank Bruce or S, Jey?

Jey
Jan 17, 2007, 08:16 PM
I've only tried B-rank a dozen times+ with a group of friends (and yes, I lay traps and fully enjoy watching stuff burn. I know all about the value of DOT effects from too much FFXI) and the #1 reason why we've only S-ranked once, A-ranked 2 times, and failed the rest, is because our lead would get too close to that last set of 3 king Bils and either a Fortefighter or Bruce would get spun to death.

The one time we did S-rank was because I went on my Fortetecher and stayed a block away sniping with Zonde while the rest killed the king Bils.

A-rank Bruce, not yet. Bruce rocks for additional damage but those king Bils... bah. hate.