PDA

View Full Version : Can SOMEBODY solve this myth? (Ignore poll, went wrong)

Thrash777
Jan 17, 2007, 11:28 AM
IGNORE POLL< IT WENT WRONG!

I always seem to get into a conversation with someone about how the rares drop when set in order. These are the theories I've heard:

1) It doesn't matter whether you pick it up or not, it is assigned to a person as soon as it's dropped (either box opened, or enemy killed) (THIS HAS BEEN PROVEN INCORRECT)

2) It picks someone in the group at random to start from, and then proceeds to give in an order which will give to all party members.
(((IF someone joins the mission, the order will change in some way...
When entering a new block, it is possible that this also changes the order in favour of the first person into the next block...)))

3) It starts from the "Party Leader" and goes in order (SEEMS TO BE INCORRECT)

4) It starts from the person coloured Red, then goes in the colour order of Red-Green-Yellow-Blue-Purple-White (I think) (SEEMS TO BE INCORRECT)

5) Meseta counts as a rare (any amount), and thus is included in the order (SEEMS TO BE INCORRECT)

6) Meseta only counts as a rare when it is greater than 1000

7) When you start a new mission, with the same party, the order continues from where it left off (SEEMS TO BE INCORRECT)

------------------------------

Now, my question is:

Which of those are correct, incorrect, and are any missing that you feel are also a rule used in decided the distribution of rares when set in order?

And what would be awesome, is if some can tell me EXACTLY how it works anyway, and if anyone has experimented with any of this.

Cos I am sick and tired of people keep bitchin bout who gets what rare, why did I get a Moon X, who picked that up...
...or the one last night: "Why did Gekido have to get the Cometara!? He isn't a Force! Give it to me!" http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif That was a sweet find!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Thrash777 on 2007-01-17 08:29 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Thrash777 on 2007-01-20 14:22 ]</font>

Rizen
Jan 17, 2007, 11:34 AM
For starters, I can say 3) and 4) is wrong, it doesnt always start with the leader or go in that order.

It would be hard to test 1) because you would have to get a group and make sure no one picks up rares that drop, then go back and pick them up one by one and see how the order goes. Personally, Im not a believer of it.

As for 5) and 6)I have no clue at all. I will have to check that out later...also would be kinda hard to test due to the limited about of enemies that drop 1k meseta (well expect S rank Lab).

There is one thing that I am almost 100% sure about Set order is that when a cycle is complete, meaning everyone has gotten an item, the order is changed. Why do I think this? Well a while back in MD S, I got two rare items in a row back to back without there being any other drops in between (and no, no one was full).

Jonty
Jan 17, 2007, 11:35 AM
Um.. I seriously don't know ^_^
I generally go along with theory number one mind.

Golto
Jan 17, 2007, 11:38 AM
You should have searched for the set in order topic it explains it. Someone proved that the rare HAS TO BE PICKED UP to count in the order. So all you dumbasses picking up moonx tears of light and scape boards you can stop. The order is random each time and resets after each person has gotten a rare and the order gets reshuffled. It is not the same every time. Meseta is meseta and not a counted in the rare cycle. The only real question now is how people joining/leaving a party effects the order.

Shigecki
Jan 17, 2007, 11:53 AM
The one that I think is closest is number 2. I believe the game generates an order based on 6 players. Say 3, 2, 5, 1, 6 and 4 as an example. This is the order that the "rares" are put in no matter how many players there are. This explains why someone entering either gets skipped, as in number 1 recieved a rare, the fifth player wouldn't get a "rare" or is the first one to get a "rare", as in if they were the third one in the game and the first to get a "rare". Once the order has finished the game generates another order and goes from there.

Meseta counts as a normal item and is set into order there.

Number 1 was proven wrong by a few of us the other day. We had 6 in our group and skipped moon X's, [b]moon X's and [b]scape doll's and no one was left without a "rare".

Rashiid
Jan 17, 2007, 03:04 PM
RARES ARE ASSIGENED FROM THE START!!

wonder why 1 person never gets a rare, but theres a moon x [B] sitting in B1 untouched?

YEAH, THATS URS BUDDY, ID GET IT NOW!

Para
Jan 17, 2007, 04:14 PM
Rizen, the way to test if 1) is correct is to keep track of rare drops and calculate who's turn to get a rare. The easiest way to figure out if 1) is true (which I did test myself) is to get a party and make sure the number of players stay the same throughout the game (just to make it easy and not need to anticipate other variables). Then when the last person in order is due up to get a rare and a rare drops, don't pick that rare up and continue on. If another rare drops and its given to someone else other than the player that was supposed have gotten the rare (which happened in my tests) thus proves that rares aren't determined to who gets it when the rare is picked up. Now after the run is done and you notice that person who got skipped is missing a rare from the latest round or the total of rares wasn't divided evenly (say 12 rares were picked up and 1 person got 1 more rare and 1 person is lacking a rare), go pick up the rare you missed and see if it goes to the person that got skipped (thus totalling the number of rares to 13).

Shaidar
Jan 17, 2007, 05:42 PM
Heh, I've seen alot of debate about this. Personally I always put it on random, unless someone want order (I usually ask them before starting the mission). If it's random everyone do have an equal chance, since it'll be just pure luck. If it's on order you have to get a fair bunch of rares to make it "fair". To make the order truly fair it should pick off from where it left off as long as the party is active. Then again, this is all based on experience and what I've heard. I've got no real official facts to back up my theories or decisions.

Thrash777
Jan 20, 2007, 01:49 AM
New information has come to my attention;

Someone said that the order shifts in favour of those who enter the next block first, BUT, if someone in the party didn't get a rare in the previous block, they still get priority.

I tested this all of today, and it held true. So I reckon the order in which you enter the next block determines the next order of distribution...

Sekani
Jan 20, 2007, 01:59 AM
#2 is the closest to the correct answer.

The theory of "you have to pick it up for it to count" was disproven with further testing.

Anything beyond that is speculation and/or superstition.

StratixEVO
Jan 20, 2007, 03:12 PM
On 2007-01-17 08:38, Golto wrote:
You should have searched for the set in order topic it explains it. Someone proved that the rare HAS TO BE PICKED UP to count in the order. So all you dumbasses picking up moonx tears of light and scape boards you can stop. The order is random each time and resets after each person has gotten a rare and the order gets reshuffled. It is not the same every time. Meseta is meseta and not a counted in the rare cycle. The only real question now is how people joining/leaving a party effects the order.

How about you link that page. I'm so sick of people screaming SEARCH when the search SUCKS. I just ran the search for "set in order". Without quotes you get an endless list of posts with no relation to the topic and with quotes you get one post thats on topic, but certainly doesn't answer the question. So, what do you expect the person to do? I'd start a new post as well.

_ViX_
Jan 20, 2007, 03:50 PM
Why not get 3 people together and run through some randomly long S rank mission where you are bound to get plenty of drops. Leave all the drops on the ground then walk back through and pick them up to test the order. Good start at least.

Golto
Jan 20, 2007, 04:42 PM
At least two different people have tested and proved false the 'order rare drop' myth of if it drops it counts in the order weither ot not picked up.

http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=132035&forum=22&51