PDA

View Full Version : Japanese Intro Song?

Errorrrr
Jan 17, 2007, 11:52 AM
The English one sounds... weird... anyone have the Mp3 for the Japanese intro song?? and the online mission mode's story is quite intriguing O_O

P_C_A
Jan 17, 2007, 11:53 AM
it's still in english.

Weakness
Jan 17, 2007, 11:53 AM
IT'S CALLED STARSHIP EARTH!!!!

Gamemako
Jan 17, 2007, 12:18 PM
The intro song makes me want to kill myself. It's so horrid it hurts.

Do you hear that? It is the sound of ultimate suffering.

DraginHikari
Jan 17, 2007, 12:24 PM
Probably becuase the lyrics were a directly english of properly Japanese wording sung by a Japanese Arist XD;;

rena-ko
Jan 17, 2007, 12:28 PM
its an english singer and the text was most likely written by a japanese. thats why.
and no, there is no japanese version of this song.

Maridia
Jan 17, 2007, 12:29 PM
On 2007-01-17 08:53, Weakness wrote:
IT'S CALLED STARSHIP EARTH!!!!

XD

And yeah, it's got the engrishy tone of an english song written by the japanese. I really wish they had chosen a better singer, but, eh, it gets the job done. The song grew on me after listening to it enough times. I kinda like it now. In fact, I was just doing the dishes and singing it to myself. COINCIDENCE? Yes.

Rizen
Jan 17, 2007, 12:29 PM
I personally love the intro song, well song from a Japanese Artist (read her interview on the site). Lyrics are a bit weird, but I like it.

Funny how people always think the japanese version will sound better. >>;

Akaimizu
Jan 17, 2007, 12:30 PM
Yep, that's precisely why. It's like trying to find a japanese version of Open Your Heart for Sonic. Sonic Team generally writes for English, even if their type of lines are reminiscent of the kind of english Japanese ears like to hear. It's an acquired taste for the Westerner.

And in general, when you wonder why people think the japanese version would always be better is that if it sucks, as long as they don't understand the language or the proper inflections that *should* be used, then it doesn't sound bad to them. It's much easier to pick out bad stuff from the language you know all your life. A good case is with Shenmue II (as opposed to Shenmue I). You have a bunch of people saying *man I wish I had the Japanese voices* with it. For me, I say, um....actually it IS an improvement. Enough exposure when you really listen to enough Japanese to understand what's good and bad, your opinions just might change, in some cases. (Of course, there are still plenty of cases when the Japanese did do it better, in their own language. Just that some cases are true where they just had bad voice acting, in the first place, enough that the english version did it better).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-01-17 09:35 ]</font>

ShinMaruku
Jan 17, 2007, 01:20 PM
I want is in french.
Le dux franconium.

Errorrrr
Jan 17, 2007, 01:26 PM
how do I get the next chapter's mission? i finished all 3 mission in the Cleyz' guardian branch http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

EspioKaos
Jan 17, 2007, 02:57 PM
On 2007-01-17 10:26, Errorrrr wrote:
how do I get the next chapter's mission? i finished all 3 mission in the Cleyz' guardian branch http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif
We have to wait for Ch.4 to be released in a future update.

Rashiid
Jan 17, 2007, 03:04 PM
...we gotta saveeee this lanndddd..............

ParableApple
Jan 17, 2007, 03:07 PM
it's so very engrish isn't it.
we battle for freedom! it is the battle against the dark!

chaostroop
Jan 17, 2007, 03:12 PM
We battle for freedom da-na-na uhn da-na-na we all have someboty we love da-na-na *sings for the rest of the day*

VanHalen
Jan 17, 2007, 04:33 PM
i like the intro song.....

Sychosis
Jan 17, 2007, 04:42 PM
It's Japanese! It must be better! They are our superiors in all ways!

MIRITE?!

Simmerl
Jan 17, 2007, 04:47 PM
After studying Japanese at University for 3 years now, I must say ...

UARITE!! lololol

PJ
Jan 17, 2007, 04:48 PM
On 2007-01-17 13:42, Sychosis wrote:
MIRITE?!

YAWAI

I love the intro song. And I lvoe how the Chapters in story mode/online story missions, they play it as a theme song everytime, like a TV show. LOVE IT XD

VanHalen
Jan 17, 2007, 04:49 PM

MIRITE?!

NEVER!!!! but dont get me wrong its a nice country probably and i have been studying japanese but i will never say any country is better than the one i live in now

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VanHalen on 2007-01-17 13:51 ]</font>

Sychosis
Jan 17, 2007, 04:51 PM
On 2007-01-17 13:49, VanHalen wrote:

MIRITE?!

NEVER!!!!

u nub! teh JP have allready colonized space!

VanHalen
Jan 17, 2007, 04:56 PM
didnt the u.s. too?

Akaimizu
Jan 17, 2007, 05:00 PM
Hehe. Sometimes, just sometimes, I think the Japanese put some Japanese-superiority hidden messages into the anime just so that the one who watches enough of it, will start to believe it.

Slight serious tinge, here:

As for me, I definitely have had a blast studying the culture as well as some language, but as with every culture you learn enough about, you have to take the good with the bad. In some ways, you find some stuff that is collectively cool about how they handled certain changes in history; but I tend not to go so far as to completely romanticize an entire culture. The true beauty is embracing the good aspects, noting the not-so-good ones, and use it as a way to increase your understanding of all things around you.

I guess when it comes to the song, I guess my feelings have a lot to do with my feelings about Sonic Team's consistant message they've been putting into their games. While the words may feel strange to some, they make perfect sense to me as they so directly say what Sonic Team has been saying for such a long time. Heck, the spirit of the words almost fit a Sonic game, or a Nights game, as much as anything they've produced. It's filled with that fight for freedom, companionship, and *enjoy life and make the most out of freedom* kind of romance they've been singing about, for years. They may sound a bit cheezy, but it also sounds kind of beautifully sincere at the same time. You figure the ones who make it truly believe in what they say.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-01-17 14:04 ]</font>

Zorafim
Jan 17, 2007, 05:05 PM
Heh? When did love and peace become ST's norm? What happened to "Why can I still see the light"? Give me back my sad endings!

Sychosis
Jan 17, 2007, 05:05 PM
On 2007-01-17 13:56, VanHalen wrote:
didnt the u.s. too?

no ther r JP psu plyers on neptune lul!

Akaimizu
Jan 17, 2007, 05:08 PM
On 2007-01-17 14:05, Zorafim wrote:
Heh? When did love and peace become ST's norm? What happened to "Why can I still see the light"? Give me back my sad endings!

Quite a few Sonic games including Sonic R, Sonic Adventure series....Nights....Burning Rangers.....Phantasy Star, once Sonic Team got their hands on it. Not that everything was happy all the way through, but the theme still stood.

Remember, Love and Peace doesn't say the exact message Sonic Team was talking about, nor what I described before. They were about a coming together for a fight for freedom, and then take the freedoms, you have, and fly with it. More like a "Come with me, lets run or fly away...never let anybody take freedom away from us or the ones we love."

You just can't have a Sonic/Nights/Rangers/etc game without that kind of stuff, because that theme is often the very essence of the game. You're almost always rescuing some person or some animals in the midst of it. If you're not doing something like that (Sonic R), the theme still stands. As example:

"Can you feel the sunshine, does it brighten up your day."
"Don't you feel that sometimes, you just need to run away."
"Reach out for the sunshine, forget about the Rain."
"Just think about the good times, and they will come back again."

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-01-17 14:21 ]</font>

MayLee
Jan 17, 2007, 05:21 PM
Someone has to sing StarShip Earth on PSU Idol!

Akaimizu
Jan 17, 2007, 05:22 PM
I could, but that would be hardly be amongst the better songs I could sing.

Shaidar
Jan 17, 2007, 05:23 PM
Sorry people, but I can't stand PSU's intro song. The intro itself is sorta cool in all its stereotypeness (except for a few of the characters that ruins it with their horrible design), but..the song..please..spare my ears. Compared to ST's previous, usually quite catchy, soundtracks this one is way too cheesy. I wouldn't say its the singers fault, rather the lyrics she have to work with. It just sounds off. They should of let Crush 40 handle this instead.

Heh, that's alot of ranting there. I just couldn't hold it back. Sorry.

Sychosis
Jan 17, 2007, 05:26 PM
On 2007-01-17 14:21, MayLee wrote:

Isn't the song entitled "Save This World?"

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sychosis on 2007-01-17 14:26 ]</font>

MayLee
Jan 17, 2007, 05:30 PM
On 2007-01-17 14:26, Sychosis wrote:

On 2007-01-17 14:21, MayLee wrote:

Isn't the song entitled "Save This World?"

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sychosis on 2007-01-17 14:26 ]</font>

MAYBE!!

>_>
<_<

Fran
Jan 17, 2007, 05:33 PM
Whenever I want to play PSU with my friend I'm like "ITS CALLED STARSHIP" and he always finished "EARRTYTHHHTHTHHHHH."

Pretty freakin lame.

MayLee
Jan 17, 2007, 05:37 PM
Save This World

Who said we are lost again
In this lonely world
I say we can start again
We're on the same ship
It's called starship earth

It is not too late
It's our home
So don't say that it's fate
We must not give up
To build our future on our dreams

We will never lie down and die
But we'll find a way to survive
We all have somebody we love
We know that's why we're here

We battle for freedom
It is a battle against the dark
I have my dreams
You know I'm not afraid of bleeding
"It is the time!"
We battle for tomorrow
It is a battle against time
And we can do miracles
So take my hand
We need to save this world

It was a hard time
So many tears
It's all not for nothing
To give up is not a choice
It's a fight we have to win

I cannot live without faith
Even if I am faced with death

We battle for freedom
We all have dreams
And each of them is to be realized
"It is the time!"
We battle for tomorrow
Too many tears
Have been shed with the same fear

We will never lie down and die
But we'll find a way to survive

We battle for freedom
I have my dreams
You know I'm not afraid of bleeding
"It is the time!"
We battle for tomorrow
And we can do miracles
So take my hand

KyokoHunter
Jan 17, 2007, 05:53 PM
Here's a little info I digged out:

Save This World

Composed & Arranged by: Hideaki Kobayashi
Lyrics by: Kan Hashimoto
Strings Arranged & Scored by: Philippe Saisse
Sound Produced by: Atsushi "SUSHI" Kosugi (Beat On Beat, Inc.)
Recorded & Mixed by: Roy Hendrickson at Avatar Studios, NY
Pro Tools Operation & Edit by: "SUSHI"
Assistant Engineer: Chad Lupo

Vocal: Kelli Sae
Drums: Scoota Warner
Guitar: Sherrod "Lic Spiffy" Barns
Strings: Richard Sortomme, Carol Webb, Barry Finclier, Jonathon Dinkledge, Vincent Lionti, Eileen K. Moon

Courtesy of http://chudahs-corner.com/soundtracks/index.php?catalog=WWCE-31125 and no doubt originally the soundtrack album.

Personally, I find this song a little off the track from the normally beautiful music of PSO/PSU.

Sinue_v2
Jan 17, 2007, 06:15 PM
To paraphrase Penny Arcade:

"It's the shittiest shit that was ever shat out of a butt"

Tengoku
Jan 17, 2007, 06:15 PM
I enjoyed the song, but the fact that it is the intro music makes it distracting. When I hear the song I know I'm not playing the game and that makes me sad.

Still, there's planty of Japanese songs and artists that are the suck, just like all the suck we have here with our American artists. You can't get away from the suck, but there's a good thing about being surrounded by all that suck; the good stuff just sounds that much sweeter and the really good stuff blows your socks off so hard it makes Dane Cook run out and say "I was in the kitchen washing dishes..."

VR_Pilot
Jan 17, 2007, 07:26 PM
At least the ending song is good. I believe its performed by Lita Hervey. She's MUCH better than LOREN or Kelli Sae.

Eauijhkuu
Jan 17, 2007, 11:58 PM
They should of left it orchestrated/instrumental.

Another prime example of lyrics ruining the pentultimate effect and mood of potentially awe-inspiring music.