PDA

View Full Version : Changing platforms a little help?

WildArms2
Jan 17, 2007, 03:46 PM
Hey,

After playing PSU since launch on the PS2 it has finally gotten to me, I cannot and will not play anylonger on the PS2/PC servers and although it would be a smarter idea to quit the game alltogether I would rather give Sega the benifit of the doubt and just switch systems and play on the 360 version. So after raising 3 characters over lv 60 now i must start the longjourney over in 360 land and although I'm doing this by choice it would be nice to meet up with some nice 360 players that would be willing to donate either a little bit of Meseta/Weapons/Items/Time to help me get off the ground again. Time meaning doing runs with me in Valley of Carnage to help me build my level.

AI will be making a Female Cast Named Kannon and turning her into a Hunter to start and then going Fighgunner once i can. Donation of Daggers / Spears would be the best =D

Anything will be greatly appreshiated, I should be starting my account on either Saturday or Monday of next week, it may be sooner but I have to wait for PSU to arrive from the mail. It was order off ebay a day ago. If I'm able to get on before then I will post in here and let everyone know.

Thanks

Sychosis
Jan 17, 2007, 03:52 PM
Whenever you get your Gamertag set up, feel free to send me a friend request. When I get my new box I'd be happy to help you out in any way I can.

Merumeru
Jan 17, 2007, 03:56 PM
XD im considering doing the same, but i dunno, id have to steal/possess my brothers 360 and i never liked how lotsa guys treated me in some games (MechAssault/CoD3/Halo2), but i guess ill see XP

panzer_unit
Jan 17, 2007, 04:10 PM
Don't go 'ruru! You'll never get to play in a 5-Protranser team again!

Akaimizu
Jan 17, 2007, 04:14 PM
You picked certain games where you can find the worst of the VC abusers, actually. Now don't get me wrong, regardless of platform, you're going to find not-so-nice people on there. However, the connections you make go a long way, in these games.

I can understand the worry though, heck I've gotten terrible treatment by certain people in FFXI, though I've been playing PSU a bit smart and generally having an easier time avoiding the ill-witted types.

Part of it is the general community attracted by certain game types and whether they are paying moolah for it. Case in point, I have never seen a collective community with that many people I want to avoid as in Guild Wars, compared to other PC pay-to-play ones, I've been on, in the past. If someone wanted to make the argument that free vs. pay has no reflect on the community, they wont win any arguments with that one.

Now if you select the largest community with a non-pay-to-play service attached, be prepared to meet players with issues. Just make sure if they do become a pain not to forget to report them.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-01-17 13:18 ]</font>

Sychosis
Jan 17, 2007, 04:18 PM
Heh, those really are some of the worst communities on Live. Really, anything FPS has a good population of asshats, which makes killing them that much more rewarding.

But seriously, we don't bite...unless you want us to http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Akaimizu
Jan 17, 2007, 04:20 PM
Interestingly enough, the better communities, for FPS, are the tactical ones. Apparently, the more strategy involved in a game, the less it attracts the worst. It makes sense. The ill-wits aren't thinking, nor do they flock to stuff that makes them think.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-01-17 13:21 ]</font>

Merumeru
Jan 17, 2007, 04:25 PM
XD eh just something about not watching and hearing guys follow me around that i prefer XP and even if i dont use voice chat and just stick to keyboard (like i did in most of the BETA when scary sounding thug guys started hitting on me XD) it doesnt stop me from hearing the other pervs... XP think its just a problem with talking....

Sychosis
Jan 17, 2007, 04:25 PM
Yes indeed. Considering the popularity of Gears of War I figured it 's community would be much like Halo 2's. To my surprise most of the talking done there is actually about where your opponents are and where people are going to position themselves.

chaostroop
Jan 17, 2007, 04:26 PM
send me a frend request if you whant mine gamertag is chaostroop as well as my charecter

Akaimizu
Jan 17, 2007, 04:34 PM
On 2007-01-17 13:25, Merumeru wrote:
XD eh just something about not watching and hearing guys follow me around that i prefer XP and even if i dont use voice chat and just stick to keyboard (like i did in most of the BETA when scary sounding thug guys started hitting on me XD) it doesnt stop me from hearing the other pervs... XP think its just a problem with talking....

It's a problem with mental. Voice chat, typing, it's all the same. To tell you the truth, in my experience, I've had more issues with ones who type rude stuff than say them. It's probably because they know that in games, in general, it's more inconvenient to mute away text assaults than it is to simply mute voices.

To me, whether they can talk or type, still doesn't change the fact that they are a butthead. They're going to act like that, regardless.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-01-17 13:36 ]</font>

Xtian913
Jan 17, 2007, 04:37 PM
All in all, I've found the 360 PSU community to be quite nice. Of course, there are plenty of the ignnorant douches spamming crap in the lobbies, but I've been quite lucky overall. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Sinue_v2
Jan 17, 2007, 05:14 PM
I haven't seen much of the 360 community either. I've been considering switching over since (as a Wartecher/Guntecher) switching out weapons and techs can be a long process on the PS2 expecially in crowded rooms with a lot of action going on... you know, critical situations where I simply cannot wait for the game to load my techs each and every time I switch weapons. Not to mention the much better graphics/higher resolution, voice chat, a good controller, and my Live Buddy list. I could get most of that with a decent PC as well, I know, but unfortunately all I have is a 360. So that's where I'm probably headed.

At any rate - I've been playing the demo online and if anyone wants to meet up in the demo and play a bit my GT is Sinue v2.

WildArms2
Jan 18, 2007, 06:28 PM
I'm on right now universe 13 Character named Kannon running LL fight for food Lv3 already anyone want to help me out?

WildArms2
Jan 18, 2007, 06:36 PM
OKaay mover over to moatoob with drew Universe 13 come help me lv up please

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: WildArms2 on 2007-01-18 16:37 ]</font>

Ryoki
Jan 18, 2007, 06:42 PM
Thank you for insulting my system. Good day to you too.

Sychosis
Jan 18, 2007, 06:42 PM
What's your Gamertag? When I get my new box I'll be sure to help out as much as I can.

JaiBlue
Jan 18, 2007, 06:44 PM
Graphics whore >_<

Sychosis
Jan 18, 2007, 06:52 PM
Geez, a lot of ill will for making such a small comment...

WildArms2
Jan 18, 2007, 07:08 PM
Gamers Tag is Wild Arms 2? You need to know people gamers tag to find someone you can't just join the room with the person and exchange cards? Please explain this gamers tag thing I'm new to Xbox version

Sorry to all the PS2 people I offened by saying something minor...I was just stating a fact the 360 version looks cleaner, sharper and adds some new special effects. If you are on the fence about buying PSU buy the 360version it is far better gameplay wise and stabilty wise (no/little hacking)

Sychosis
Jan 18, 2007, 07:14 PM
When you sign up for Xbox live, you have to enter a user name, or as it is commonly referred to, a Gamertag. You don't need one to meet up, but it makes meeting up far easier, it is also the perfect answer to the censoring and horrible size limitations of simple mail when you send a message through XBL instead.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sychosis on 2007-01-18 16:14 ]</font>

DLShAdOw
Jan 18, 2007, 07:16 PM
no, you don't need a gamertag to play with someone, but if he gets your gamertag it will be easier for him to find you. Otherwise, i'm glad to see that you've made the right choice and picked the more stable, better, faster, prettier, and hack-free system. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Sychosis
Jan 18, 2007, 07:19 PM
Not one for modesty are we DL? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Eliash
Jan 18, 2007, 07:20 PM
Posts like the above will start flame wars, please ignore it. There are some benefits to the xbox, and some to the PC/PS2 servers. Lets try to leave it at that.

But anyhow, gamertags allow you to see what your friends are playing, and allows you to communicate with them across games.

EDIT: Posts like the one two above.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Eliash on 2007-01-18 16:20 ]</font>

csmicbcklsh
Jan 18, 2007, 11:15 PM
I was glad to help Wild Arms level up to 10 before I got off. It seemed like he was making a reasonably smooth transition, especially with the headset. If anyone else decides to switch to the 360, or if you haven't met me yet and would like to play, my gamertag is Luis le Bosom and my player name is Drew.

WildArms2
Jan 19, 2007, 02:11 AM
Thanks Drew and Thanks Rated for all your help you two are my new PSU best friends! I was having soo much fun playing with you two I forgot about the maintance that always occures...lame. I want to play more hope to see you guys on later.