PDA

View Full Version : How does the shop search work?

Zorafim
Jan 17, 2007, 04:32 PM
Does every player have the same search, or is it somehow randomized every couple of seconds? Is there something that determines how high a name is up on the search list?

In short, how can I get to the top of the search list so everyone can buy from me and nobody else?

Gazette
Jan 17, 2007, 04:33 PM
It doesn't http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

---
I believe it's 20 players long of randomly picked people with the item on hand.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Gazette on 2007-01-17 13:34 ]</font>

ljkkjlcm9
Jan 17, 2007, 04:35 PM
lol, that was going to be my response

the shop search is horrible, and just takes random people who "have" the item "for sale." Some may be locked, others may have already sold it

THE JACKEL

Dj_SkyEpic
Jan 17, 2007, 04:37 PM
I believe the one with the item the earliest will be at the top of the list, so maybe if you held your item for the longest in the shop, you can appear on the list by the time the other people with the earliest stock runs out.

hmm.. Also, some people didnt notice this but when you search for an item lets say, Alteric , it will give you a list which doesnt refresh or anything if you search for that item again, but what you have to do is delete a letter or so to get a refresh, so "Alteri"

Gazette
Jan 17, 2007, 04:40 PM
Oh, didn't know that... good to know.

Randomness
Jan 17, 2007, 04:42 PM
On 2007-01-17 13:37, Dj_SkyEpic wrote:
I believe the one with the item the earliest will be at the top of the list, so maybe if you held your item for the longest in the shop, you can appear on the list by the time the other people with the earliest stock runs out.

hmm.. Also, some people didnt notice this but when you search for an item lets say, Alteric , it will give you a list which doesnt refresh or anything if you search for that item again, but what you have to do is delete a letter or so to get a refresh, so "Alteri"

No, its just that the 1* bow is called the Alteri.

Eliash
Jan 17, 2007, 04:43 PM
It's simple, it shows the top people who are charging for more than NPC prices! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Dj_SkyEpic
Jan 17, 2007, 04:46 PM
On 2007-01-17 13:42, Randomness wrote:
No, its just that the 1* bow is called the Alteri.
X.x My example was bad then... How about Searching for "Crea Double." To refresh the list of players with one, you can delete a letter and get "Crea Doubl."

Randomness
Jan 17, 2007, 04:46 PM
On 2007-01-17 13:32, Zorafim wrote:
Does every player have the same search, or is it somehow randomized every couple of seconds? Is there something that determines how high a name is up on the search list?

In short, how can I get to the top of the search list so everyone can buy from me and nobody else?

Don't bother going for the top of the list. If you sell cheaper, and wait a bit, stuff sells.

Of course, if theres not many shops selling the item...

Zorafim
Jan 17, 2007, 05:10 PM
I've sold things at a tenth of what others sell them for (You know, those 10* items that aren't out yet?), and still gotten nothing. I reduce their price by 10% each day, though, so I can get a price more reasonable for the consumer while giving me a chance to get an absurd amount of money from it.