PDA

View Full Version : Apperantly I'm a dick for not being a noob.

Sinue_v2
Jan 17, 2007, 06:06 PM
Yeah... I was on the X360 demo playing a dragon run with some people. All level 5's or around there. Alot of them died a lot - a LOT - which was fine, it's just a demo and the character data will get wiped in a month so I'm not concerned at all with mission points or S rank.

What I was concerned with, however, was concerving healing items and meseta I need to upgrade weapons. I can't be blowing everything I make on Moon Atomoisers to revive newbies who die way too often. If I tried to simply farm them myself, I'd be doing nothing but solo runs. So I farm 1 or 2 Moons - and keep a healthy stock of personal healing items.

Anyhow - we get to the dragon and I try to explain what's going on. His attacks, his weakness, and the best strategies for fighting him. I try to let them all know that they need to play extremely defensively - at a distance with a gun preferably since they don't know how to approach the dragon yet. Most lvl 5's get booted on the PC/PS2 version...

Anyhow my advice gets blown off and I actually just barely make it to the teleporter before it's activated. One minuite into the fight - nearly the entire team is dead. There's just me and one other ranger still plugging away for 5 - 15 damage. I use two Moon Atomisers to revive two of the four team members... who again, die within seconds because they have no healing items left.

By minuite two - the other ranger is dead and I'm left soloing the dragon. Half the team goes back to town and returns - only to find out that they can't get back into the battle. The ohter half is laying dead on the floor begging for revives.

Now - damnit, I came to kill the dragon. If I restarted the boss fight every single time the entire party died - then I'd just be wasting healing items. There wouldn't be any point to fighting him.. hell, I couldn't afford to. So the battle continues - and by minuite 3 I'm completely out of PP and resorting to the ocassional minor rechage tag with my rifle while he's in the air, and poking him in the face with my Pike when he's on the ground.

I can't remember exactly how long the battle lasted - but eventually I came out victorious. Only one person actually stuck around to see the end - and he was apperantly only there to see me die and mock me for it after I "left the team behind". All he could say after watching the beast flop over dead was "God you such a dick".

Maybe I was... but by the same token, I'm not a force and I'm not their heal-bitch. If they want a revive, they should at least prove to me that they can STAY revived. I'm not a moon atomiser vending machine that can just pop one when off whenever someone wants to ignore my advice and go all Matthew McChonnhey on the dragon... and I'm sure as hell not going to put everything I have into a fight that they have no intention of seriously winning.

Granted I died a few times at the dragon my first time too. That's natural... but I also didn't have an experienced guide there helping me out, and I certainly sure as hell didn't have someone there barking tactics on how to defeat him in real time over voice chat. When I say, "Watch the tail, move!" - damnit, you should know he's probably going to hit you with his tail and it's probably going to kill you.

Bah..

Banish
Jan 17, 2007, 06:28 PM
Sounds like you handled the situation well. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

People can be a bit harsh, when they are of as low levels, and lack experience.

HUnewearl_Meira
Jan 17, 2007, 08:34 PM
I probably would have done the same, though I may have responded to the final comment with something along the lines of, "Hey, you guys are the ones who got your asses killed because you ignored the advice of a more experienced player. It's not my fault you guys used up all my moons."

KodiaX987
Jan 17, 2007, 08:48 PM
People never assume good faith from their teammates. They take all the credit for victories and blame defeat on others. If your team won, it's because you were the best of course. And if your team lost, then it's obviously because the party leader sucked.

You don't need to help people. You don't need and you shouldn't. If they wanna die, they'll find a way to do it. They can be in Pioneer fucking Two, they will find a way to die. I've seen it happen. If they wanna call you a dick, they'll do it first chance they get whether it's valid or not. To them, you are their personal and private nanny and your lifelong mission is to make them happy and safe. Waddya say to that? Yeah, me too: fuck it.

People don't listen, they never will. I give an order, it doesn't get obeyed. I give an order via MICROPHONE, it doesn't get obeyed. I tell the FO to wait 'till the very end of Dark Falz to revive me because I'm a level 20 playing hard mode, but instead, he wastes his time reviving me all the time, eventually runs out of TP, and dies.

Do yourself a favor: tell everyone you're from Congo and can't understand English. At least you won't be pressured to listen to their drivel.

Scejntjynahl
Jan 17, 2007, 08:51 PM
Im sorry Sinue, I wish I was there to lend you a hand. I may not be the best there is, but I try my best not to get perished. And I know all too well, that if I do perish that it is part of the game and I would not harrass you for "revives".

navci
Jan 17, 2007, 09:56 PM
Come back to us mommy! I promise I won't die! ... much. :>

DoubleJG
Jan 17, 2007, 10:11 PM
Lawl. What a couple of noobs. Way to play SMART Sinue, keep it up.

Kupi
Jan 17, 2007, 11:14 PM
Take comfort in the fact that you'll see a dropoff in that sort of behavior once you get to higher levels. De Ragan is the best place to find noobs, and there's some degree of intersection between the lowbie and noob populations, so playing De Ragan with lowbies is the absolute best way to find idiots. Not that they don't exist anywhere else, but it'll get better.

Ryna
Jan 18, 2007, 11:19 AM
I remember experiencing this problem on the first day of the US release. I was a fairly experienced player (fought De Ragan numerous times on Beta and JP versions) playing with an inexperienced party. I gave some advice which was quickly discarded. Within two minutes, everyone else besides me was dead. At that point, I asked who had Moon Atomizers. I used my limited supply to revive the ones that did have them. Unfortunately, those people died before they could revive anyone else. So, I just ended up killing De Ragan by myself. It was a long fight and people were complaining the entire time. I didn't see any reason to intentionally die. It was extremely likely they would all be die again. Besides, I had already committed a significant amount of my healing resources to the battle. I didn't have enough money or mates to start the battle over.

HUnewearl_Meira
Jan 18, 2007, 01:51 PM
I remember when PSO was new and shiny on the Dreamcast, a friend of mine was in a party fighting Dark Falz. He found himself to be the lowest level, and the last alive. His team's response?

Be a hero, Artemis!

Just a little bit of contrast, I think.

Kuea
Jan 18, 2007, 02:01 PM
On 2007-01-17 18:56, navci wrote:
Come back to us mommy! I promise I won't die! ... much. :>

yeah, untill I drag you into an A run as soon as you can go =3 although unfortunetly for me when I start playign with idiots who can't stay alive now, I have moons to revive them with :< usually I just dump all my moons in my PM or something, but now my PM is full and I find myself carrying 9 moons with me! XD

then again I rarely play with people who die http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

it does suck though, 360 people seem to be over all, stupider, then PC and PS2 people >.> on 360 I can be a level 30 beast hunter with crappy equipment, and still outlive and outdamage level 60 people with great equipment >_> they just seem to be too stupid! on 360 I've had many a run just like what happened to you Sinue :< unfortunetly, for most of them I wasn't the party leader so they booted me with the reasoning, "you are an asshole because you don't die" so yeah, sucks doesn't it? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

KodiaX987
Jan 18, 2007, 02:37 PM
On 2007-01-18 11:01, Kuea wrote:

they booted me with the reasoning, "you are an asshole because you don't die"

That's it. I've reached the end of the Internet. I'll go become an hero now...

UnderscoreX
Jan 18, 2007, 02:53 PM
Wtf, asshole.

DikkyRay
Jan 18, 2007, 04:41 PM
Yea man, i had someone like that >.>
So me, and 5 others were playing, the most prominant being me, Vr Raiden, FLoie...and her bf.
Her bf is a dick. enough said. We all decided to do Onma B, and i was a little edgy because we all barely passed the requirements. He says "ONMA IS EZ"
so what happened? We get there, and geet owned. I mean, we lost all of our healing items fairly quickly. So me and the bf die. Vr raiden revives me with his last mooon, then dies himself. The rest of our party dies.... except me.
So pretty much, im like the lvl as the minimum requirement (i wanna say 20) soloing the onmagoug B.
Now, most of the party is going "Go Caineghis! You can do it!"
But what does he yell?
"F*** you cain! You suck! HAH Onma is going to have a cain lunch"
So after like 10 minutes of me fighting, i finally kill it. What does the dick say? "I could have done that"
Now, if he could of... why was he the first one to die?
god i hate ppl like that

DizzyDi
Jan 18, 2007, 05:03 PM
its obv dat sineu iz da d1k in dis situashun guyz, he dint revie his teem, damng.