PDA

View Full Version : About the sonic statue on the 360 version. :(

zandra117
Jan 17, 2007, 06:23 PM
http://www.phantasystaruniverse.com/community_xboxdemo.php

I think its bullshit that Sega is leaving original PSU 360 testers out of this prize. Even if you already have a Guardians Liscence and go back and play the demo on super Sonic Demo Weekend you still won't recieve the sonic statue. You have to be one of these new testers and create a new liscence and gamertag to get it. Thats bullshit!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: zandra117 on 2007-01-17 15:25 ]</font>

Remedy
Jan 17, 2007, 06:24 PM
And keep in mind that PC/PS2 users have no way whatsoever to get one at all! Hurrah! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Xtian913
Jan 17, 2007, 06:29 PM
It really pisses me off to sign up and be ready to support PSU on day one and not get a little bonus like that.

I wonder, if someone were to create a new gamertag, play the demo and then get a license for just one month - then cancel it, would they still get the statue...? Hhmmmm....

zanotam
Jan 17, 2007, 06:31 PM
hmmm intereseeting idea.

zandra117
Jan 17, 2007, 06:39 PM
On 2007-01-17 15:24, Remedy wrote:
And keep in mind that PC/PS2 users have no way whatsoever to get one at all! Hurrah! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

HAXXORZ!1

Tahldon
Jan 17, 2007, 06:42 PM
>.> PC/PS2 users are hacked to hell and back... Sega don't lub yews..*jest*

The only person around here that'll be able to get a hold of that statue is Maylee.. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif Cause we all know her situation. Lucky...

So you have to have a new Gamertag too? Psh.. there goes my alternate plan of downloading the demo and buying a temporary Guardians license to get the statue and put it in my room. *Pif*

This so wrong in all kinds of aspects...

I'm quite sure it's been brought to Sega's attention..I wonder what they're gonna do about it. (And for you smartasses I don't wanna hear Sega Bashing cause if you're not officially a part of Sonic Team, you don't know JACK, frankly. >:( )

KRKcl17
Jan 17, 2007, 06:48 PM
On 2007-01-17 15:42, Tahldon wrote:

Then what the hell is that?

Sychosis
Jan 17, 2007, 06:52 PM
I'm quite tempted to sign my brother up for 1 month, that way if I call to cancel they can't accidentally cancel his xbl membership.

Tahldon
Jan 17, 2007, 06:59 PM
On 2007-01-17 15:52, Sychosis wrote:
I'm quite tempted to sign my brother up for 1 month, that way if I call to cancel they can't accidentally cancel his xbl membership.

Herm.. Can't you have more than one Gamertag on one Xbox anyway? >.> *headscratch*

Hmmmm....

Xtian913
Jan 17, 2007, 07:25 PM
Yup. You can. Im planning on making a alternate generic one, cuz you also get a one month free Xbox Live GOLD membership with a new gamertag. So it seems it might just be possible, or if they charge me instantly, I'll have ended up paying $10 for the Sonic statue... >.<

Sychosis
Jan 17, 2007, 07:27 PM
On 2007-01-17 15:59, Tahldon wrote:

On 2007-01-17 15:52, Sychosis wrote:

Herm.. Can't you have more than one Gamertag on one Xbox anyway? >.> *headscratch*

Hmmmm....

Yep, my elder brother has a gold account for Halo 2.

DarkSeph
Jan 17, 2007, 07:33 PM
#$%^ SEGA!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DarkSeph on 2007-01-17 16:40 ]</font>

Sychosis
Jan 17, 2007, 07:38 PM
Tch, I'm number 641. I demand a SUPER sonic statue!!!

Sychosis
Jan 17, 2007, 07:41 PM
It damn well better, or SEGA is going to have one irate customer to deal with.

MayLee
Jan 17, 2007, 08:05 PM
On 2007-01-17 15:42, Tahldon wrote:

The only person around here that'll be able to get a hold of that statue is Maylee.. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif Cause we all know her situation. Lucky...

Shat, you serious? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Tahldon
Jan 17, 2007, 08:08 PM
On 2007-01-17 16:41, Sychosis wrote:

Lol You said "Irate"!

Get online and play btw?

How easy is it to cancel a Guardians license?

MayLee
Jan 17, 2007, 08:13 PM
On 2007-01-17 17:08, Tahldon wrote:

Lol You said "Irate"!

Get online and play btw?

Not too easy..I hear you have to CALL Microsoft to take it away.

DarkSeph
Jan 17, 2007, 08:15 PM
Cancel a Guardians License........and risk losing your Char and everything! Yeah, you heard me.......that's SEGA's way of treating customers! !#$%em I say, !#$%em. I'm not jumping through anymore of their Hoops. If they really do screw all of us like this not only giving those Losers! who didn't join in the begining and put up with their Crap from the start a statue, not only will they get a statue but as few of people who actually join as their will be, they will sell their statues for millions of meseta (the smat ones) and if you want it you WILL pay.... If I could I'd plant my foot up their A$$.....every one of them.....then go buy a new pair of shoes cuz those would be all bloody and #$%^y

EDIT: Every Member of SEGA/SONIC TEAMS's A$$ that is!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DarkSeph on 2007-01-17 17:17 ]</font>

Tahldon
Jan 17, 2007, 08:18 PM
On 2007-01-17 17:13, MayLee wrote:

Lol You said "Irate"!

Get online and play btw?

Not too easy..I hear you have to CALL Microsoft to take it away.

Wha?! Call?! >.< I hate dealing with people over the phone.

And I don't want to be charged twice a month and all.

But I want that statue.. Blah.. forget it.

One item I just won't have then :S.

I'd better get my Tails one though >:(

MayLee
Jan 17, 2007, 08:19 PM
*Backs away slowly* >_<

MayLee
Jan 17, 2007, 08:21 PM
I want Tails and Nights. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Ryoki
Jan 17, 2007, 08:22 PM
Bah, Knuckles is totally cooler.

DarkSeph
Jan 17, 2007, 08:25 PM
..........If I didn't love this game so much I'd totally Boycott SEGA.....I think all of us would! They deserve to lose their jobs for treating us like this......and that's not unfair to say cuz we ARE PAYING THEM AFTERALL!!!!!!!

DarkSeph
Jan 17, 2007, 08:28 PM
.....they did this same SH!T with Chromehounds too.....at least we didn't have to pay for that those of us who played online (which was the only way to even play the majority of the game)......but they still screwed everyone the whole way.

You basically had to enter this "Lottery" every day to get a chance at 1....just 1 rare weapon and your chance of getting it was based on how many people entered for that same weapon so basically the really good ones took a week or more to get just 1 and it usually took 4-6 of them to make a decent Hound(mech).....and after 4 months of that SH!T what does SEGA do.....THEY RELEASE THE ENTIRE WEAPONS TO THE WHOLE COMMUNITY!........So anyone who just bought the disc 5 months later had access to everything that everyone else worked their A$$ off to get........

Not to even mention that for some weapons/parts in the game you had to pay 1$ per part/weapon from xbox dashboard.....I wouldn't be surprised if they don't eventually do that in PSU as well

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DarkSeph on 2007-01-17 17:32 ]</font>

Esufer
Jan 17, 2007, 08:31 PM
I want a Shadow Statue.

Ryoki
Jan 17, 2007, 08:33 PM
I want a statue with the words Sega Fucked Up the Censoring, since you can say that.

Tahldon
On 2007-01-17 17:31, Reigast wrote:
I want a Shadow Statue.

Shadow is so lame, in my opinion. I really don't like him. Seems like a big emohead.

But that's just my opinion of course.

I would really like a Super Sonic Statue though, too.

Eliash
At least the people on the 360 will have a chance to get the statue, those on the PS2/PC are pretty much left out of this offer. They will probably release it later through some sort of quest or something.

Esufer
Jan 17, 2007, 08:35 PM
On 2007-01-17 17:33, Tahldon wrote:

On 2007-01-17 17:31, Reigast wrote:
I want a Shadow Statue.

Shadow is so lame, in my opinion. I really don't like him. Seems like a big emohead.

But that's just my opinion of course.

I would really like a Super Sonic Statue though, too.

*cries*

I love Shadow though. We should get more room decorations like the sonic one.

I wouldn't mind a Pioneer 2 statue. ;]

Skuda
Jan 17, 2007, 09:13 PM
Man, It's funny seeing people freaking out about this.

It's just a room decoration. What does it really matter? No sense having a bloody aneurism over it.

Maridia
Jan 17, 2007, 09:15 PM
Hey DarkSeph! Guess what. They have happy pills that you should take. Calm the hell down, Spazzy McSpazzerson. Seriously.

It's a room decoration. One that we may be able to get in the future. We have enough content still locked to give us another full year of updates or something. Shut up and quit your spazzy rants. We'll get the statue. Watching you freak out is hilarious, but a huge waste of posts.

Sychosis
Jan 17, 2007, 09:16 PM

Lol You said "Irate"!

Get online and play btw?

*cough*MOOD*cough*SIG*cough*

I really should see a doctor about this cough.

Tahldon
Jan 17, 2007, 09:19 PM
On 2007-01-17 18:16, Sychosis wrote:

Lol You said "Irate"!

Get online and play btw?

*cough*MOOD*cough*SIG*cough*

I really should see a doctor about this cough.

Your tree siddy died? Why didn't you just say that focker http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Hm.. Maylee If you give me your Sonic Statue I'll.. um..Give you more free stuff?? And um..be your friend?

Sychosis
Jan 17, 2007, 09:22 PM
Aye. Her box should be coming in the next day or two.

And Ryoki speaks massive truth, Knuckles > You.

MayLee
Jan 17, 2007, 09:27 PM
On 2007-01-17 18:19, Tahldon wrote:

Hm.. Maylee If you give me your Sonic Statue I'll.. um..Give you more free stuff?? And um..be your friend?

You weren't my Friend in the begining? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Tahldon
Jan 17, 2007, 09:34 PM
On 2007-01-17 18:27, MayLee wrote:

On 2007-01-17 18:19, Tahldon wrote:

You weren't my Friend in the begining? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Yes.. but I'll be um..um.. *Elbows Sychosis* You know what I mean.. O.o!?

So you'll give it to me? :3 I'll give you something even sweeter next time!

MayLee
Jan 17, 2007, 09:38 PM
A Halarod? >____>

Sychosis
Jan 17, 2007, 09:38 PM
Sweeter than a Sonic statue? He's trying to rip you off MayLee... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

VanHalen
Jan 17, 2007, 09:40 PM
in all seriousness as much as i love sonic the hedgehog is a little statue of him in your room that important?

Sychosis
Jan 17, 2007, 09:41 PM
In your room? No, on sale for 600k? Yes.

MayLee
Jan 17, 2007, 09:55 PM
On 2007-01-17 18:38, Sychosis wrote:
Sweeter than a Sonic statue? He's trying to rip you off MayLee... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

I know..He even offered to be my fwend..http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

*sniff*

Sychosis
Jan 17, 2007, 09:59 PM
Don't worry, I'll always be your friend. Besides, Halarods are Newman only. He was totally going to set you up for the scam.

McLaughlin
Jan 17, 2007, 10:07 PM
I have OCD when it comes to game completion.

Even if I made a Tag just for the Demo, I'd have to trade it to someone trustworthy to get it on my actual account.

I'd also have to resubscribe, which I'm debating.

MayLee
Jan 17, 2007, 10:13 PM
On 2007-01-17 18:59, Sychosis wrote:
Don't worry, I'll always be your friend. Besides, Halarods are Newman only. He was totally going to set you up for the scam.

I can always have a Newman alt. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

But ah well..I'll find my own Halarod. =(

MMaybe I'll sell the Statue.I always wanted Tails anyhow.

McLaughlin
Jan 17, 2007, 11:05 PM
One more post from DarkSeph like that and I'm going to have to perform a lobotomy.

Hyper Shadow > Super Sonic.

Sonic Adventure 2: Battle > Sonic (except for maybe Sonic Heroes and Shadow the Hedgehog).

Sekani
Jan 17, 2007, 11:28 PM
I will obtain this statue. My plan has already been set in motion.

ShinMaruku
Jan 17, 2007, 11:29 PM
On 2007-01-17 20:05, Obsidian_Knight wrote:
One more post from DarkSeph like that and I'm going to have to perform a lobotomy.

Hyper Shadow > Super Sonic.

Sonic Adventure 2: Battle > Sonic (except for maybe Sonic Heroes and Shadow the Hedgehog).

It's Super Shadow. Crack the game and see the name sas Super. Hyper is all the colors Super is just one. Silly. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Tahldon
Jan 18, 2007, 12:10 AM
On 2007-01-17 19:13, MayLee wrote:

On 2007-01-17 18:59, Sychosis wrote:

I can always have a Newman alt. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

But ah well..I'll find my own Halarod. =(

MMaybe I'll sell the Statue.I always wanted Tails anyhow.

It's ok. I'm over the sonic statue now... for tonight anyways >.>

I want Tails too. So maybe somethin' special'll happen to get him. I wonder what.. Hm..

NPCMook
Jan 18, 2007, 12:13 AM
On 2007-01-17 21:01, DarkSeph wrote:
!#$% you people, you wanna flame someone go play with your fag boyfriend. This post has nothing to do with me it's about sega ripping off those of us who already have an account. But it's nice to know who can stick with the subject and who are Flaming A$$holes....*cough* Maridia/Obsidian_Knight *cough*....

Apperently you are a little young to understand that life isn't fair, yes it isn't fair we may not get a sonic(and friends) statue till Sonics next birthday, and even then it we may have to go smack some Blue and white Rappies for it

chevron7
Jan 18, 2007, 08:28 AM
so judging from what people are saying about the sonic statue weekend, im guessing you need a complete new gamertag as well as guardians license and you have to download the demo?...sheesh! me and my mate really want one...why the hell they cant bring them out in the shops is beyond me http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif

Xtian913
Jan 18, 2007, 08:46 AM
Ugh, you have to call to cancel a Guardians license? Well, there's a bit of time before Feb 3-4 so I'll think about it a little more. Somehow a Sonic statue by itself doesn't seem quite worth the effort; however, selling it for oodles of meseta sure does.... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Tahldon
Jan 18, 2007, 09:25 AM
On 2007-01-18 05:46, Xtian913 wrote:
Ugh, you have to call to cancel a Guardians license? Well, there's a bit of time before Feb 3-4 so I'll think about it a little more. Somehow a Sonic statue by itself doesn't seem quite worth the effort; however, selling it for oodles of meseta sure does.... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

>.> Sonic is well worth the effort..

Meseta can be grinded for via missions.. can get that any day of the week. But how often do you have a chance at havin SONIC in your room? Not often.. not often at all...

Ossie
Jan 18, 2007, 09:32 AM
AS a lot of you are, I am irratated also, so I thought id try and do something by emailing sega in the feedback section underneath the sonic article on the offical page.

Iv sent 2 and had 2 replies, I wont go far in to it, but the first one basically didnt answer what I was asking, but

the second one had some information in sayin currently the sonic statue will only be available to anybody who registers before the 28th.

This woman then went on to tell me that, we are all considered to be what they descibe as legacy account holders.

So I replied once more asking what exactly they meant by when they said the sonic statue is limited, because it could mean a few thing,

and then finally some good news, she replied and said AT THE PRESENT TIME, only new customers will recieve the sonic statue, and its is for a LIMITED amount of time only.

OK OK i know she didnt say that we would get it eventually, but from what she said everybody can pick out that its not limited in amount to just new customers, its limited in time to just new customer, and she said at this time only new customers can get it

This really leads me to believe that somewhere down the line they will release them properly, meaning you guys wont have to go messing around with gamertags, or pay like 5 mil for one.

Hope this helep, if need proof, i can email my email to any of you.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ossie on 2007-01-18 06:33 ]</font>

JaiBlue
Jan 18, 2007, 09:38 AM
Omg why can't I get a Sonic statue ....thats soo unfair Sega >_< *snaps disk*

Tahldon
Jan 18, 2007, 10:12 AM
On 2007-01-18 06:32, Ossie wrote:
AS a lot of you are, I am irratated also, so I thought id try and do something by emailing sega in the feedback section underneath the sonic article on the offical page.

Iv sent 2 and had 2 replies, I wont go far in to it, but the first one basically didnt answer what I was asking, but

the second one had some information in sayin currently the sonic statue will only be available to anybody who registers before the 28th.

This woman then went on to tell me that, we are all considered to be what they descibe as legacy account holders.

So I replied once more asking what exactly they meant by when they said the sonic statue is limited, because it could mean a few thing,

and then finally some good news, she replied and said AT THE PRESENT TIME, only new customers will recieve the sonic statue, and its is for a LIMITED amount of time only.

OK OK i know she didnt say that we would get it eventually, but from what she said everybody can pick out that its not limited in amount to just new customers, its limited in time to just new customer, and she said at this time only new customers can get it

This really leads me to believe that somewhere down the line they will release them properly, meaning you guys wont have to go messing around with gamertags, or pay like 5 mil for one.

Hope this helep, if need proof, i can email my email to any of you.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ossie on 2007-01-18 06:33 ]</font>

Well at least there's SOMETHING to work with. Then again..

Heeeeeeeeeeeey waitaminute! The statue is going to NEW players who sign up for the DEMO right?

Correct me if I'm wrong but.. don't you lose your character and all that other good stuff if you upgrade from the Demo to the actual Game?

Something's screwy here.. >.>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tahldon on 2007-01-18 07:21 ]</font>

Xtian913
Jan 18, 2007, 10:28 AM
Well, I think what the deal with the statue is that they track your Gamertag on Xbox 360 and see that you played the demo and then went on to buy a Guardiance License, so that when you actually start to play the retail game your Common Box for those characters will contain the one Sonic. I'm guessing.

Ryna
Jan 18, 2007, 10:39 AM
*deletes flaming posts*

If you have an issue with another user, use the private message system.

As for the statue, it has been offered as a promotional item for Japanese users before. I remember signing up for a SegaLink account in Feburary of last year so I could get one when the Japanese version came out. If I remember correctly, mine disappeared during the "NOLing" incident. I don't think I got a new one after the rollback. It was neat to have, but it wasn't something I would go out of my way to obtain again.

happy_cricket
Jan 18, 2007, 10:45 AM
It's not uncommon for a company to offer a special to new customers. It never fails to me the amount of whining that can go on in the PSU community.

DarkSeph
Jan 18, 2007, 11:57 AM
......guess I'll have to do it sega's way just to get one