PDA

View Full Version : For those of you who own PSU 360

Fredrick
Jan 17, 2007, 06:44 PM
Is there a strong community? I'm playing the demo, and although the game seems to have a lot of problems, it's still very fun.

I think a large part of that is because there are just so many people online. Everywhere you go, you're smothered in people. It sounds annoying, but it's actually kind of nice.

In the demo universe 1 and 2 are usually completely full and about half of 3. How does the actuall game compare? Is there usually at least 1 full (or nearly full) universe?

Sychosis
Jan 17, 2007, 06:48 PM
Universe 1 is usually filled by noon on school days. At peak hours, ie right now, 1 and 2 are full and there are some stars in universes 3, 13, and 16.

PALRAPPYS
Jan 17, 2007, 06:49 PM
It's a decent amount of players. I'm hoping the demo increases player population-- I wouldn't mind some more people online. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Sychosis
Jan 17, 2007, 06:55 PM
Actually, a lot of demo feedback has been rather positive. I hope to see an increase as well.

Fredrick
Jan 17, 2007, 06:57 PM
The only think that really bothers me is the frequent slowdown. They didnt add AA or AF to this game, so there is no reason for it.

Oh and I have another question. It seems like MOST games you join, the host will kick you out, even though they are a similar lv and the room (obviously) isn't locked. Is it the same on the real game?

PALRAPPYS
Jan 17, 2007, 07:00 PM
Depends really. It's like a 55/45 chance of getting kicked. Probably not that chance, but something like that. If you get someone nice, they'll let you stay. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif (duh! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif)

-Shimarisu-
Jan 17, 2007, 07:01 PM
On 2007-01-17 15:55, Sychosis wrote:
Actually, a lot of demo feedback has been rather positive. I hope to see an increase as well.

Here's a review some blithering idiot friend of my husband's wrote:

Hmm, character selection is ok-ish, why do the androids have a lot of heads that look like cocks, odd. Ok, there's a mag, ok I named it, looks like its just going to stay there, ok, how do you get out of here. Alright, now I'm in a big emtpy airport terminal type of thing, controls are pretty shitty, must invert the camera, oh the interface is pretty shitty as well, I give up, stick with shitty camera, oh its a bit quiet here isnt it, is that someone over there? Oh they vanished, ok why is there no indication of where to go? This is pants, oh there's a shopping mall and a shop, I'll have a look in there *Shops coming soon* awesome, I'll have to bugger around with this place until I find a way outside *Eventually gets outside, lord knows how* Oh there's a big building, *goes inside* "hello, we currently have no adventures for you" Oh, whats that I hear, a bang from downstairs by the front door *peers out the window* oh, its the postman with his red cart and my copy of World of Warcraft:The Burning Crusade is sitting on the mat, fuck this shit *switches 360 off.

Back on PSO-X he used to snigger a lot into the mic, and he gave me a fuckton of duped weapons which I later sold to the NPC.

Sychosis
Jan 17, 2007, 07:01 PM
Well I certainly can't speak for everyone, but I haven't been booted much recently. It may be due in part to my being a Fortetecher...I mean resta-bot. But really, once you get into the higher levels people will begin to run up to you to invite you.

EDIT: The slowdown is due to it being a quickie PS2 port. After seeing GoW it does kind of hurt to see ANY slowdown whatsoever.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sychosis on 2007-01-17 16:03 ]</font>

Sychosis
Jan 17, 2007, 07:05 PM
Sounds like he has the attention span of creamed corn.

McLaughlin
Jan 17, 2007, 11:02 PM
On 2007-01-17 16:01, -Shimarisu- wrote:

On 2007-01-17 15:55, Sychosis wrote:

Here's a review some blithering idiot friend of my husband's wrote:

Hmm, character selection is ok-ish, why do the androids have a lot of heads that look like cocks, odd. Ok, there's a mag, ok I named it, looks like its just going to stay there, ok, how do you get out of here. Alright, now I'm in a big emtpy airport terminal type of thing, controls are pretty shitty, must invert the camera, oh the interface is pretty shitty as well, I give up, stick with shitty camera, oh its a bit quiet here isnt it, is that someone over there? Oh they vanished, ok why is there no indication of where to go? This is pants, oh there's a shopping mall and a shop, I'll have a look in there *Shops coming soon* awesome, I'll have to bugger around with this place until I find a way outside *Eventually gets outside, lord knows how* Oh there's a big building, *goes inside* "hello, we currently have no adventures for you" Oh, whats that I hear, a bang from downstairs by the front door *peers out the window* oh, its the postman with his red cart and my copy of World of Warcraft:The Burning Crusade is sitting on the mat, fuck this shit *switches 360 off.

Back on PSO-X he used to snigger a lot into the mic, and he gave me a fuckton of duped weapons which I later sold to the NPC.

Seems like his IQ rivals room temperature.

I feel bad for you, Shim.