PDA

View Full Version : The new GG update

zanotam
Jan 17, 2007, 10:00 PM
Any idea what the GG update released like 30 minutes ago did? *HOPES IT DID SOMETHING GOOD*

Sychosis
Jan 17, 2007, 10:01 PM
Mass heart attacks for hackers? *prays*

Cavarcous
Jan 17, 2007, 10:17 PM
It banned that player with all the S Ranks...? c.c

BloodDragoon
Jan 17, 2007, 10:19 PM
Think it had something to do with fixing the loophole Ryuk used to get those S ranks.

Also heard from someone that Ryuk was banned yesterday shortly after spam advertising his RMT S rank weapon website outside Guardian HQ on Uni 02. Dunno if that is true or not though.

ljkkjlcm9
Jan 17, 2007, 10:57 PM
correct... they cannot make S ranks now with the new gameguard update, I know this for a fact

THE JACKEL

Rashiid
Jan 17, 2007, 11:00 PM
pwahahha! awsome!

[didnt effect me at all....]

KG
Jan 17, 2007, 11:03 PM
lmao im not banned im right here and all it did was make cheat engine unable to search lmao

ljkkjlcm9
Jan 17, 2007, 11:06 PM
no, right now they can't make S ranks, of course, it's a matter of time, probably a short period, until they get around it

THE JACKEL

zanotam
Jan 17, 2007, 11:16 PM
ah http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Fearthewolf
Jan 17, 2007, 11:32 PM
More often than not, GG makes me game run worse for me when it gets updated. Man, I was getting use to a smoother-running game on my end. =(

RuinedReBirth
Jan 18, 2007, 03:34 AM
No FUCKING way...This was Ryuk? SO CRAZY.

So the guy that played, previously, before Ryuk was a friend on mine, Lionol. He PMed me one day, gave me an addy, and I asked "Who teh fsck are you?" Never looked, cause I don't care. I looked at my card list, searched, and it was him. I had his guild card this whole time and I didn't know it!!

Zarbolord
Jan 18, 2007, 03:42 AM
rocl, well GG is getting a bit weird now, it is starting to annoy the pcs, especially my laptop, its giving me lags... can't they just do something that doesn't hinder the game itself >.>

Laranas
Jan 18, 2007, 12:26 PM
On 2007-01-17 20:06, ljkkjlcm9 wrote:
no, right now they can't make S ranks, of course, it's a matter of time, probably a short period, until they get around it

THE JACKEL

They can. As far as I could tell the update blocked out the script kiddies, but the people who actually discover loopholes went unaffected since they have private methods of hacking the game.

Arislan
Jan 18, 2007, 02:51 PM
On 2007-01-18 09:26, Laranas wrote:
They can. As far as I could tell the update blocked out the script kiddies, but the people who actually discover loopholes went unaffected since they have private methods of hacking the game.

By private methods, you mean they work around GG in about a minute, like every other Gameguard patch for any game that has used it, ever.

zSW1FT
Jan 18, 2007, 05:04 PM
Sega completely dropped the ball with relying on gameguard. Storing things like banked meseta client side was ASKING to be screwed over. Storing ANY kind of item data related to bank / inventory client-side <HORRIBLE IDEA> .

Lemme give you a run down of how it works from a hacker perspective.

1> Bypass Gameguard. <Insert one of the 100 ways to do it>
2> Start searching memory for key values, like your banked meseta numeric value.
3> Start checking for client/server packet traffic. Determine where is makes checks for bad data/data intrigrity.
4> Change values.
5> Profit.

Theres people who can equip swords, and then switch to daggers and retain the sword ATP/ATA.

Theres also seems to be a hack going around to synth any item by hacking the board.

There doesn't seem to be a serverside integrity check when talking to your PM. GG Sega.

Laranas
Jan 18, 2007, 05:26 PM
On 2007-01-18 11:51, Arislan wrote:

On 2007-01-18 09:26, Laranas wrote:

By private methods, you mean they work around GG in about a minute, like every other Gameguard patch for any game that has used it, ever.

Yes, pretty much. From my knowledge, only a handful of them have actually made a bypass before, but GG actually didn't patch the "private methods" I mentioned. It just patched the popular ones and blocked out 99% of the hackers.

But isn't there a regulation against 25 mb security patches? There should be... i wanted to play.

Genji
Jan 18, 2007, 09:00 PM
As I'm posting this, GameGuard is downloading a new patch again. It's roughly 2MB.

Errorrrr
Jan 19, 2007, 12:02 AM
yea... the major mmo dont' have hacking problem like this is because all data were stored server side... PSU is like Diablo II before the patch that broke all hacks lol...

ShinMaruku
Jan 19, 2007, 12:06 AM
Don't put too much faith in GG because there are ways to make GG run from your files. :E
So many ways. But this will stall some fools.

Genobee
Jan 20, 2007, 02:06 AM
Yea all it's done so far is make me lag MEGA BALLS, I actualy attacked a group of vahara for like 2 minutes and no damage values came up and then they just kinda kept walking around me not attacking me and then I got up to take a piss came back and then everything finaly died in on big flash..... and it happened every once and a while since they updated GG

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Genobee on 2007-01-19 23:07 ]</font>

Dj_SkyEpic
Jan 20, 2007, 02:11 AM
On 2007-01-19 23:06, Genobee wrote:
Yea all it's done so far is make me lag MEGA BALLS, I actualy attacked a group of vahara for like 2 minutes and no damage values came up and then they just kinda kept walking around me not attacking me and then I got up to take a piss came back and then everything finaly died in on big flash..... and it happened every once and a while since they updated GG
I just started getting lags and frame skip every once in a while now. For some odd reason, my Techs load slower, my switching weapons load a little slower, and I always get caught in the Dam-Tech glitch where it makes you stuck in the pose until knocked down or etc because of the long pauses.

I hope It was only GG's doing since I've already cleaned my system of files and checked for viruses or unwanted ad programs (Which I'm cleared of thanks to highjackthis).

Thrash777
Jan 20, 2007, 02:12 AM
GG = CCTV for the internet

Genobee
Jan 20, 2007, 02:21 AM
On 2007-01-19 23:11, Dj_SkyEpic wrote:

On 2007-01-19 23:06, Genobee wrote:
I just started getting lags and frame skip every once in a while now. For some odd reason, my Techs load slower, my switching weapons load a little slower, and I always get caught in the Dam-Tech glitch where it makes you stuck in the pose until knocked down or etc because of the long pauses.

I hope It was only GG's doing since I've already cleaned my system of files and checked for viruses or unwanted ad programs (Which I'm cleared of thanks to highjackthis).

Yea i have been having the same problem and I even ran my Anti Spy ware programs and virus blockers but came up with nothing. It's GG it just started happening after the GG update.

drakkula
Jan 20, 2007, 10:44 AM
ive also got the same problem...if i turn my antivirus off it lessens it but its still annoying......i hope next GG update fixes that......or, at least, doesnt make it worse =/

zanotam
Jan 20, 2007, 11:18 AM
I hope sega ditches GG and makes everything server side since NOW they don't have an execuse since we can't play our precious character offline anymore ;_;

Witchblade56
Jan 20, 2007, 01:29 PM
Meh speaking of lag a PC user person i just met lastnight doing bruce's would say "Wow bad lag" then a few moments later [after i ran past and spammed a few restas to cap his hp] he and bruce [he was party leader at the time] would start taking dmg. I'd run back and see bruce flinching like he was getting smacked up by a mob and he and my friend were the only things in the room. Was weird watching someone else lag like that O_o