PDA

View Full Version : Is it worth it?

Evil_Orion
Jan 17, 2007, 10:24 PM
I have the demo for PSU on the xbox 360 and so far im enjoying it.. I have a level 16 beast force and so far it's pretty fun.

Is it worth buying the game? Im not so sure I like the 10$ a month for the console but I may reconsider.

Thanks for any comments.

Evil Orion

NPCMook
Jan 17, 2007, 10:26 PM
Yes...

Gazette
Jan 17, 2007, 10:28 PM
I thought the 360 crowd didn't have to pay that extra $10 on top of what they already pay...

Anyhow, if you've enjoyed what you've played so far, then it's safe to say you'll enjoy the rest.
Most people consider the beginning to be too slow, but if you feel it's a good pace, then just know it never really changes till you get near the level cap.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Gazette on 2007-01-17 19:29 ]</font>

MayLee
Jan 17, 2007, 10:29 PM
If you like the demo, you'll definantly love the full version.

Sychosis
Jan 17, 2007, 10:30 PM
Keeping in mind that this IS a fan site, I say yes. If you're even considering paying 10 dollars a month to play it must mean your are thoroughly enjoying something a lot.

Evil_Orion
Jan 17, 2007, 10:30 PM
Huh. Can anyone confirm that it is indeed 10$ a month or not? If not im totally going to the store and buying it monday (when I get off grounding..) Oh.. I was grounded for skipping school today just to play this demo!

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Tystys
Jan 17, 2007, 10:31 PM
Yes, unfortunately it is, but from what I saw on the news topic of this site, all you need is XBOX Live Silver to play it.

Sychosis
Jan 17, 2007, 10:31 PM
On 2007-01-17 19:28, Gazette wrote:
I thought the 360 crowd didn't have to pay that extra $10 on top of what they already pay...

Anyhow, if you've enjoyed what you've played so far, then it's safe to say you'll enjoy the rest.
Most people consider the beginning to be too slow, but if you feel it's a good pace, then just know it never really changes till you get near the level cap.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Gazette on 2007-01-17 19:29 ]</font>

You do not need gold membership to play PSU.

R2D6battlebot
Jan 17, 2007, 10:32 PM
yeah man online is a totally different game, ten times better than offline. i would buy it again if i wasnt already on =0

Gazette
Jan 17, 2007, 10:32 PM
Oops, sorry bout getting your hopes up on that one, lol.

NPCMook
Jan 17, 2007, 10:34 PM
Well technically you only have to pay $10 a month if you just use a Silver membership, but whats the fun in a silver membership...

Yes at the beginning it can seem slow, being a Force or Ranger you have to sometimes be a smidge more aware of your PP

advice:
carry multiple wands/rods if your a force
also equip only same type spells to wands since it give them a small bonus in damage
Dual Pistols are kinda crappy at the start since they have Low PP
Bows Rock... nuff said

Sychosis
Jan 17, 2007, 10:35 PM
You do not keep your character unfortunately.

Evil_Orion
Jan 17, 2007, 10:35 PM
Hmph. I don't like the 10$ a month but hey, it is only 10 bucks. I get like 40 a month for allowance..

And I've been addicted to the demo for 3 days straight now.

Anyone know if I can keep my demo character if I uprgrade to the real game?

Sychosis
Jan 17, 2007, 10:37 PM
On 2007-01-17 19:34, NPCMook wrote:
Well technically you only have to pay $10 a month if you just use a Silver membership, but whats the fun in a silver membership...

Considering PSU is all I really play now, I'd gladly go silver if I could get a refund on my remaining time http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

NPCMook
Jan 17, 2007, 10:48 PM
yeah but you never know when there might be a good online game that also comes out after it http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Sekani
Jan 17, 2007, 10:50 PM
Only noobs have Silver memberships.

Kelevra
Jan 18, 2007, 09:43 AM
I personally would wait about 6 months so you can play the whole game rather than the segment thats been portioned to us. F U ST

Dhylec
Jan 18, 2007, 10:37 AM
On 2007-01-18 06:43, Kelevra wrote:
I personally would wait about 6 months so you can play the whole game rather than the segment thats been portioned to us. F U ST

Waiting is a good way to have more content ahead once entered, but not everyone can have/do/access to the new contents. Some required to build it up to meet the requirements, like high-level missions, next Ep2. story, A- & S-ranks stuff, etc.

On a less-broken economy like XB, meseta is harder to come by. Unless resort to cheating or similar tactics, meseta doesn't grow on trees in PSU, you work for it. Play & earn money now for later & better stuff.

There are some nice members who can give a hand at the beginning, but the bottom line is you're still on your own. You can't be depending on others all the time, right? ;]