PDA

View Full Version : PC Users, I Got a question

The_Gio
Jan 18, 2007, 02:56 AM
recently Game Guard updated, literally 5 minutes ago. Now the update itself was pretty big, so when it finished, PSU restarted like it should, then, my computer restarted. I waited for my PC to start up again and tried again hoping it was necessary to restart, and again it restarted. Anyone else updated recently and have the same problem?

I know I should post this on the PSU website but maybe someone here knows how to stop it

Spacepest
Jan 18, 2007, 03:05 AM
I just logged onto PSU and downloaded the patch. No problems for me, and I didn't even have to restart my PC or the game. Hmmm....

Gazette
Jan 18, 2007, 03:06 AM
checking...

---
What the hell?!
My computer froze for like half a second...
Looks like Gameguard initiated some kind of process there besides its normal actions.

Hmm.. still works though...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Gazette on 2007-01-18 00:08 ]</font>

Spacepest
Jan 18, 2007, 03:14 AM
On 2007-01-18 00:06, Gazette wrote:
checking...

---
What the hell?!
My computer froze for like half a second...
Looks like Gameguard initiated some kind of process there besides its normal actions.

Hmm.. still works though...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Gazette on 2007-01-18 00:08 ]</font>

And then when I logged off the game, my virusware program sent me a message that Gameguard was trying to access the internet still. So yeah, what is Gameguard doing?

MomoHana
Jan 18, 2007, 03:15 AM
I didn't have to update.

Gazette
Jan 18, 2007, 03:16 AM
My friend seems to have had your same problem with his firewall up.
It seems if you block Gameguard at all after the update you run the risk of screwing something up.

He dropped the firewall and any other scanners and it seemed to work for him.

The_Gio
Jan 18, 2007, 03:18 AM
well im Re-installing after the 7th start up.Hopefully that'll fix it

I just saw the post above me, and well lol it's too late to try that now, gotta wait till it finishes

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: The_Gio on 2007-01-18 00:18 ]</font>

Gazette
Jan 18, 2007, 03:19 AM
Oh well...
Just goes to show you how poorly the PC port was optimized.
Hope it works for you this time round.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Gazette on 2007-01-18 00:20 ]</font>

The_Gio
Jan 18, 2007, 03:30 AM
yeah thnx for the suggestions everyone

Zarbolord
Jan 18, 2007, 03:33 AM
I had that at the last gameguard update, the one before the one you're talking about, a fellow pso worlder helped me, so here's what you do. You copy out the Gameguard folder from the psu files and put it on the desktop, erase the gameguard folder from the psu files only, then activate psu, the galmeguard should download itself again completely and it will give you no more worries, if it happens again just erase and replace once more.

The_Gio
Jan 18, 2007, 03:56 AM
lol oh man, all this info couldve been used a while ago, i forgot how big the updates were =_=;. I'm at 60% and well its been around 30 minutes, actually thats not bad, but still, having to see the bar fill up so slowly gets to you

Mattardo
Jan 18, 2007, 06:49 AM
Try removing all virus software. Next, remove all internet browsers and audio/video programs. Try formatting your hard drive. Finally, hold down the F key for 3 hours. Should work fine and this advice is similar in line to most technical support resolutions. I hope I helped.