PDA

View Full Version : How do player's shops rotate when searching for item ?

Ravenheart
Jan 18, 2007, 06:21 AM
I have noticed that when you search for a particular item at player's shops a lot of the shops are storage or password protected. This is quite frustrating as it seems you are only able to view 30 player shops at a time....and its the same player shops each time you search.

Can someone tell me how the player shop system works please ? Do the 30 shops that come up on an item search have to sell that item before they are removed from search or are so many names dropped off the bottom every so often and replaced with new ones at the top irrespective of whether or not items have been sold on dropped shops?

I understand the need to password protect shops to stop them getting hacked but its v annoying when searching for an item and you can only access half the shops.

Dhylec
Jan 18, 2007, 11:34 AM
This is a lesser-known aspect of the online game. I believe there is a timed rotation for a number of shops, perhaps for certain items too.

The on- & off-search duration is unknown, but I can tell it's there. Hopefully, someone can shed some light on this shop matter later?

Reiichi
Jan 18, 2007, 12:39 PM
Seems like every few minutes the list will move down, and a new shop in the rotation will appear at the top of the list. Typically it's just 1 shop, but there have been times that I have seen 3-4 shops appear at the top of the list after a short time.

New shops that have just posted an item MIGHT appear in your current list, and will appear pretty much randomly, as in not necessarily at the top of the list.

Any shops that appear at the top or middle of the list will push the bottom shop in the list out of view. If one of those shops is bought out due to cheap prices or whatever, the list moves back up, as in the bottom shop that just got pushed out of view will pop back in.