PDA

View Full Version : Monthly fee payment problem

Umi_Ryu
Jan 18, 2007, 11:44 AM
I am playing PSU on the japanese servers, for now I am still on the one month trial, but it is soon finished and I wished to subscribe.

So, I went on segalink, chose to pay automatically each months with a credit card, followed the instructions and payment have been refused, with a message telling me to see with my bank.

I tried with my brother's credit card for the same result, today I called my bank and they told me that I had no restrictions for payment out of my country.

If someone had the same or a similar problem and managed to solve it, could she/he give me some advice about how to do ?

Thank you.

Genji
Jan 18, 2007, 02:01 PM
I don't play on the JP version, but I'm pretty sure your credit card has to be from a Japanese bank.

From the PSU FAQ:

1.17: So if I get the Japanese version, how can I pay the online fees?
A: The Japanese version is going to use a payment system called SIGN that will not accept foreign credit cards. You will have to use NetCash cards. These cards can be obtained from online gaming dealers such as NCSX

Itsuki
Jan 18, 2007, 02:03 PM
Your best bet is probably going to be to buy netcash through someone living in japan. Sadly, sega doesn't accept foreign credit cards. Theres also a method of setting up a fake identity and paying for webmoney and then converting that into something you can use to pay for your account, but at the end of the month they're going through some payment changes that will no longer allow for this.

If you can get on IRC, I'd go to #PSUJP on irc.gamesurge.net and see if the peopel there can help you. (Unless you're already someone in there and I don't know it).

EDIT: And as a reply to the post made by person that snuck in before me, I don't believe that Netcash is sold from any american retailer anymore. It used to be sold through ncsx and playasia, but both have now stopped.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Itsuki-chan on 2007-01-18 11:04 ]</font>

Umi_Ryu
Jan 18, 2007, 03:04 PM
Oh, ok ...

Well, I don't use IRC (but I use MSN), I will try to see if I can find netcash somewhere ... otherwise I think I will have to go on US servers ...

Thank you.

Edit : netCash ... is it this (https://www.netcash.is/default.aspx?page=4&selected=3) ?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Umi_Ryu on 2007-01-18 12:16 ]</font>