PDA

View Full Version : Insanity at its best (for those who care)

Akaimizu
Jan 18, 2007, 05:17 PM
Normally, I don't worry about making topics about general oddities of PSU. Not the oddities just in some technical details of combat, or in getting that new outfit, weapon, or anything like that.

But more like the wierd feeling that you almost expect, or worry about, the opposite effect happening against statistics.

In general, the last few weeks has been tiring for me. Sure, I can't play PSU everyday, as I do have commitments that forbid me to do so; but I do realize that I tend to fill any truly available time with PSU and just about nothing else.

What that equals to is no actual real breaks from doing stuff and not enough sleep during a time of year (especially where I live) you really need it.

Getting back to statistics. Last night, I kind of had a mental Revolt against what I found myself doing in the past few weeks. Basically, getting myself into the *rush* of trying to keep up with people who obviously have more time to push forward than I do. I've seen it before, and it comes to a time you realize it's not good for you.

So I decided, that starting last night, I'm going to do my best to go for the casual angle. Bring back the maximum fun I have in this game by simply playing for the sake of playing it, in the first place. Going out there and kill stuff, and or help anybody along the way in doing the same thing.

So in a way, outside of a little work with Magician, I kind of went my own way with it and simply played without much worry to my gains or anything. I also have 0 luck for the day.

However, oddly enough, fortune really smiled on me and I felt I gained a lot of things (and had surprisingly good drops) for a day that statistically was not supposed to be that profitable at all. Not to mention leaving with about as much money, in my pocket, as I ever had.

Coming around today, I realize I have 3-star luck; but now I start to wonder whether that means the opposite effect is going to happen. I guess I shouldn't worry so much, but you get that wierd feeling that with 0-luck and having a lucky day might curse you into having 3-luck and an unlucky one.

Oh well, maybe it's just a crazy rambling, but I'm not sure I'm the only one that felt that way.

l_Will_l
Jan 18, 2007, 05:25 PM
i see where ur coming from man and from what ive seen with what i get on a 3 luck day compared to a 0 luck day it really dosent matter what ur luck is. now im not sayin that it dosent matter cause im sure there are people that are religious to the whole luck day thing and searching for stuff i mean yesterday i had 3 luck and was in an all 3 luck party. but did i get anything good at all? nope. so really the only thing that i take into consideration with luck would be grinding and synthing. only cause even when i do runs with 3 luck i get the same crap as i do with 0 luck. anyways thats just my 2 cents http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Scejntjynahl
Jan 18, 2007, 05:32 PM
I just like the level 3 luck because its shiny. And I play like I always do. (dont try to die, hit stuff, run around in circles when sleepy, and go shopping)

AlieNxxxxxxxx
Jan 18, 2007, 05:35 PM
I only use 3* luck days to grind shit.

Tengoku
Jan 18, 2007, 05:58 PM
It's all about attitude. When you're on a grinding tear for levels, every little bit that goes bad seems huge and every neat thing that happens is ignored because you're on a mission and very focused.

When you don't care and play for fun all the neat things that happen are magnified and seem more enjoyable because you have time to reflect on them. Having time to laugh makes everything enjoyable.

For example, my group laughs uproriously every time Hyugen dies to anything and ruins whatever run we're on. We appreciate his willingness to die for the cause and even try to get him killed in new and interesting ways. Sure, we could bring along another NPC, but his deaths are enjoyable and we're here for the fun. We obviously don't bring him along when we're trying to defeat hard missions, but he is one of the high points of our PSU existence.

That's our attitude; character levels and job levels will come with time. We're not worried about getting to 70 right away, or to job level 10 right away. We're here for the fun, and damn those who insist on keeping up with the Jonses.

Tahldon
Jan 18, 2007, 06:11 PM
I've definately noticed, and some of you have most likely noticed as well that there are many people who want to declair themselves the "First" to do a lot of things in this game. And it's possible, but it's not really a good motivation, to me anyways.

I mean I play for the grind every here and there, but only when I see that yellow bar almost to the end. Then I'm all like "OH! I'm finna level!". But most of the time I just go and level my techs, cause I like to see them as they advance, it's interesting to look forwards too.

But yeah, there's always some people on this game who are capped within the first 2-3 days of an update. We all know who they are and it's not surprising. "Oh did you see? So and so is at level XX." "Really? Does't surprise me."

My only problem is that I'm a bit obsessive over getting certain items. I'm getting over that though, slowly >.<. It's just good hanging out with the boys and shootin the jive, you know?

Once you get all this super "I wanna be first and I wanna be stronger than ----" out of your system then you start to realize what the game's really geared towards most -- FUN.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tahldon on 2007-01-18 15:27 ]</font>

Akaimizu
Jan 18, 2007, 06:16 PM
Well, actually, it wasn't to keep up with the *top* level people, but more to keep up with the friends you got in touch with. They aren't in the top bracket, but they are getting darn near close to it. I just have to remember to keep abreast of my large and increasing friends list, and understand that I'll still have to rely on myself to just go in there and fight even if I can't join them for being too low level.

It's easy for me to avoid the pressure of keeping up with people I don't know. It's just that I found myself in that pull and realize, particularly with this weekend, that it just isn't worth it. It's basically a fruitless way of playing for the wrong reasons when you realize that your methods are obviously not a solution. You just have to let go and let the people who wish to rush past you, do so.

It's also a time to reflect on myself as to making sure that I always find the time to help out any friends I come across, below me, as I'm sure they can use a good party for the *fun* and *enjoyable* aspects this game provides.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-01-18 15:19 ]</font>

omegapirate2k
Jan 18, 2007, 06:19 PM
Crazy rambling is awesome http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

But yeah, I dunno, rares appear at random despite my luck that day.