PDA

View Full Version : Meseta Crusades.

Dre_o
Jan 18, 2007, 05:43 PM
Now, First off I'm posting this here in order to avoid all the complete novice talk that would fill the thread if I were to post it in the PSU General or PSU Items/Quests thread so Moderators, please don't move this thread until we come to a logical, non-novice decision (if any). Ok, with that done, I shall begin.

First: Phantasy Star Universe.

Yes, there is cheating. Yes it is annoying. But it DOESN'T DIRECTLY EFFECT ANYONE WHO DOESN'T LET IT.

In other words: if you don't whine about why people are selling weapons, that go for 90K in the NPC shop, for 900K and yet you STILL buy the 900K weapon, the cheating is nothing negative for you. I'm one of the people who know that NPC shops sell items for exponentially cheaper than player shops AND they're infinite. Thus, NPC shops are my friends.

Regardless of my personal ideals, there are some people who get pissed off just knowing that there are those dumbasses who are causing inflation to rise faster than hydrogen. I'm one of them. Now to the point.

I suggest we have a "Crusade" so to speak. This crusade will consist of gathering all the duplicated meseta we can via using player stores with high prices (our own that is) and then getting rid of the money. By getting rid of it I mean by starting a mission, dumping the meseta from our inventory and then abandoning the mission, effectivaly deleting it.

Will this completely solve the duping problem? No.
But it will attempt slow the inflation.

Will every one of the "crusaders" be trustworthy of dumping the meseta instead of keeping it for themselves? Hmm...well I know I have no interest in having 9 million meseta on me (it ruins the fucking game) so thus I am figure I'm trust worthy. The others? Dunno. We'd have to see wouldn't we?

In the end it is nothing more than a feeble attempt to fix something that only Sonic Team and Game Guard permenently stop.

But they also say that nothing ventured nothing gained.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dre_o on 2007-01-18 14:44 ]</font>

EphekZ
Jan 18, 2007, 06:57 PM
only one thing stood out to me...

Yes, there is cheating. Yes it is annoying. But it DOESN'T DIRECTLY EFFECT ANYONE WHO DOESN'T LET IT.

I LOVE you! You're the only person who actually sees that. you deserve kudos for saying that.

I skimmed over the rest, and thing is... it will only harm us. people wont lower prices, because some people can't buy it. That will just leave the hackers from before buying everything. since they just hack more meseta. and also I think if every active person on PSOW, even did this. it still wouldnt be enough. there's a huge uni 2 that probably doesnt consist of PSOW and who the majority of shops are run by. You see what I mean?

all in all, it's a good idea...if PSU was run around uni 15 =/

AC9breaker
Jan 22, 2007, 02:02 PM
I can't help but laugh at Meseta and Crusades being used together in the same sentence. So you can imagine how much the title made me laugh.

Neith
Jan 22, 2007, 02:20 PM
On 2007-01-18 15:57, darkgunner wrote:
all in all, it's a good idea...if PSU was run around uni 15 =/

Which in turn, will only get noticed more if people stopped playing locked solo games.

As far as I can see it, the Meseta problem will, eventually disappear- but ONLY if 1) duping of it is stopped, and 2) if players eventually lower prices out of the LOL10MIL zone.

So looking at that, I don't have much hope for either http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Sinue_v2
Jan 22, 2007, 03:05 PM
Two points:

1. The dupers make meseta far faster than it can trickle into participating player shops. The idea won't work, since many cheaters are actively TRYING to ruin the economy simply to see the legits whine and bitch and come up with silly fixes. Anything done to try to "help" the economy will simply make them redouble their efforts in flooding the market.

2. It's not my goddamned job to combat cheating. It's Sega's. I'm not paying $10 a month to log online and try to "clean up the place". If it gets too bad, I'll simply quit.

DikkyRay
Jan 22, 2007, 04:11 PM
a hacker gave me money
Do i care? Nope. DId psu explode, did i OD on hacking the next day... nope. I just bought stuff.
You really wanna know what ruins the economy? Photons are 20+k. THats messed up XD.
offline npc shops they were 800

VanHalen
Jan 22, 2007, 04:29 PM
dre_o you are my new hero for the day cause you have common sense.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VanHalen on 2007-01-22 13:29 ]</font>

hyperacute
Jan 22, 2007, 06:31 PM
Don't really see how dumping massive amounts of duped meseta will benefit anyone other than the cheaters who seem to be able to produce meseta to order.

The thing with the inflation in the economy when you step back and look at it is that it doesn't really harm anyone.

Imagine if you will, a perfect economy where the only meseta in circulation is in the game due to mission rewards and the like. Items in player shops are going to be low due to the fact that sellers are competing for a limited amount of money and the average player cannot ever amass enough meseta in order to pay stupid amounts of millions for an item. Items will therefore sell at a "fair" (read relative to the overall economy) price and thus the economy remains stable.

Now inject billions of dodgy meseta into the same economy. All of a sudden, prices for desirable items surge through the roof. The thing is, because items prices rise ACROSS THE BOARD (and let's face it, even the most UBAR of weapons still require some basic building blocks to synth such as photon), the average player can now price their "lower tier" items in accordance to this price hike and thus not lose out relative to the overall economy.

IF and only if the duplicated meseta was restricted to a select few, the economy would be pretty much ruined as average players could never hope to gain these amounts through legitimate play. Because however, cheaters require items that are relatively common even to newer players, the average players simply adjust their prices so that they receive payment for them relative to the higher prices (hence 50k photons) and thus are not left behind.

And yes, I know "everyone" (I know plenty of players who do not) having millions kinda makes the NPC shop the cheap option, remember that the NPC shop stocks a limited array of things and that some things, even for synthesis, have to be found. Thus allowing average players like myself to price my items based on everyone else's prices and thus retain my place in the economy.

Thus, as long as people remember to price items according to the state of the economy and not cling to outdated ideals of "worth", no one really suffers.

Whether the ability for "everyone" to potentially synth 9* items affects the game dynamic is really another argument for another time and my point here is purely from a buying/selling point of view.

So yeah, stuff, is "overpriced", just set your prices relative to everyone else's and thus harmony of a kind is restored.

And anyway, meseta is no longer valid currency for the really top tier items so these can still only be obtained by sheer luck/hard work thus not really devaluing them in the slightest.

*waits for flames anyway*

Scejntjynahl
Jan 22, 2007, 07:37 PM
Just shop at the npc store. Earn your own meseta. And play the game. Simple solution. Im sure you know some people who own shops that are trustworthy. So there you go. This whole inflation thing would make me irrate if we had to pay taxes or deal with W2 forms, but what the heck... its a game >.> No such things. So I dont have to worry about paying big brother becuase of inflation or worry about Chocobo Stocks falling and the whole Stock Market Crash!!! Oh well, I still have Ruppees http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif