PDA

View Full Version : What. Is. Wrong with people.

Sekani
Jan 18, 2007, 11:30 PM
Searching player shops for a Slyrod (four-star rod), NPC price of 8600 meseta.

Prices I found:

Are. You. Fucking. Kidding me.

Have force weapons always been this stupid expensive?

(Note: this question probably doesn't apply to PC servers)

Divanti
Jan 18, 2007, 11:37 PM
I think the vast majority of people with shops are mentally retarded or something. Why on earth somebody would expect to get more for any particular item than it costs in the NPC can only be explained in that matter. And if for whatever reason an item ends up costing you so much to synth that you have to sell above the NPC price to make a profit (may or not apply to the above item specified), then for God's sake just don't synth it to sell in your shop. I mean jeez, especially with Force and Ranger weapons that are always neutral elementally there is no incentive for ANYONE to pay more than the NPC price. That leads me to my next point. There must be a significant portion of retarded people actually buying said overpriced items for people to continue to price them that way.

foamcup
Jan 18, 2007, 11:41 PM
Yeah, people are too f'in lazy to check prices. My stuff used to cost 50% of NPC vendor, but with this crazy inflation on PC/PS2, I have to charge 80% of NPC now.

Zorafim
Jan 18, 2007, 11:45 PM
Just for fairness, I still charge 50% on most items. Rares I sell for 90%, though, and non-NPCable items I sell for an insane amount of money. The sad thing isn't that my morals are burning, but that people are actually buying them.

VanHalen
Jan 18, 2007, 11:46 PM
i sell my stuff cheaper then the NPC's naturally but something funny happened once. nobody bought my kubara wood which was 750 meseta. so i did a test since people were dumb enough to pay 10K for one elemental photon i jacked the price up to 20K and then people rushed in to start buying. anyway i now sell it for 10K since others sell it for 150K like as if you cant find kubara wood really easily. but for your guns and wands and rods i'd buy from NPCs than players.

MayLee
Jan 18, 2007, 11:55 PM
If you thought that was rediculous, I was looking for sweet Berries and gone into a shop that tried to sell them for 999999999999

Wash
Jan 18, 2007, 11:56 PM
I was actually looking for the same thing tonight.

I got the same prices...

VanHalen
Jan 18, 2007, 11:58 PM
i think that was storage cause one dude was selling normal photons at 500K and he said that was cause his PM and common box was full

Lord_Draco
Jan 18, 2007, 11:58 PM
I sell elemental melee weapons so I'm not directly involved with the inflated prices of range and force weapons, although I have noticed how many people buy weapons at insane prices. I also did a test and raised some of my weapons that were not selling and within a few hours, all were sold and I just sighed in utter amazement at some people's stupidity.

PMB960
Jan 19, 2007, 12:02 AM
Tried to but a Te-senba from player shops. The lowest I found was 300,000. Some charged over 1 mil. I still always charge under NPC. It is funny though since while trying to sell my Me-senba which is going for 9K others are selling for 100K but no one will touch mine.

VanHalen
Jan 19, 2007, 12:11 AM
you know im begining to believe its not the duped meseta making inflated prices anymore. just people's stupidity to buy stuff at high prices. now if we could just all form a boycott against player stores........

Garnet_Moon
Jan 19, 2007, 12:21 AM
I tried to buy a Poison Truffle for 99,999,999... but apparently he set the value higher because I couldn't buy it. x_X

DonRoyale
Jan 21, 2007, 01:56 AM
I saw a 3* dagger going for 50k.

Norly.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jan 21, 2007, 02:05 AM
On 2007-01-18 20:30, Sekani wrote:
(Note: this question probably doesn't apply to PC servers)

Nope, their prices are all based on fake money.

On Xbox if people overcharge, and also write a shop ad of "50-80% off! Look!" they're jerks, and if they charge less than NPC price, they're cool-doing things right.

At least you know the people selling things above NPC price are not selling a whole lot of items at that price, probably none, and you yourself know better than to take any of that.

Squall179
Jan 21, 2007, 02:46 AM
I just opened up a shop, and I sell dirt cheap....though Im just doing it to get rid of the junk, mysellf, I dont use it, figure someone else could, and I make a bit of spare change off to the side. Im disgusted by the overpricing of photons though

Blitzkommando
Jan 21, 2007, 04:48 AM
I know some people put items at 'batshit crazy insane' prices because they ran out of room so they use their shop as additional storage. However, the other 99% of shops are just run by batshit crazy insane people with those prices. So long as people are willing to pay the price, someone is willing to sell it at that price. It applies to the $150 empty cardboard boxes on Ebay and for the 10,000+ meseta for Kubara Woods on PSU.

DikkyRay
Jan 21, 2007, 03:34 PM
Its called economy my friend.
Yes its freakin stupid. But hey, there are people that are stupid enough to buy those things, and the players know that when they set those prices

Schubalts
Jan 21, 2007, 09:12 PM
On 2007-01-21 12:34, DikkyRay wrote:
Its called economy my friend.
Yes its freakin stupid. But hey, there are people that are stupid enough to buy those things, and the players know that when they set those prices

Yea, we're just taking advantage of stupid rich people!

Zelutos
Jan 25, 2007, 12:52 AM
If people will buy it[and the demand is there], of course prices will go up. Why do you think one day you go to the store and something you want is one price, then the next day, the price could have gone up or down?

Supply and Demand, yo.